The Top Gear Thread

Smo™

am I the only person who gets bored once they actually review cars? :turned:

well depends whether you watch top gear for cars or for comedy really,

before the 'new look' series, top gear was pretty much 1 practicle car review after another, and i still thought it was ace.

and yeh i forgot about jamie oliver, oh my god has he grown a huge head. talk about up his own arse. i respect his healthy food work and that but no need to go all megalomaniac.

that crash wasnt to bad i thought he may take off lol

why didnt they show you him after it like see if he was talking or what lol

The man just crashed at going on 300mph, in no state to tell the camera what a great experience he thought it was.

I thought it was a great episode. I am shocked that hamster is alive! His neck should of got broken! How on earth didn't it! I am extremely glad he is alive though. I think the what that crash REALLY teaches you, instead of speed kills, is "If your going under 288mph, don't worry!"

that lap by jamie oliver was unbelievable, to say that you can take off 4 secs for a wet lap and he was still only bout 1 sec behind ramsay, that was goin some, they should put him on the track when its dry.

that crash was unreal! his reactions were good u could see him turn the wheels into ths skid but at that speed there was pretty much nothing he could have done aside from soil himself

their real lesson should be "never say 'just one more go/last try etc...' as it really does lead to mishaps"

the episode was great. the bit where clarkson got his own back on may chucking his chips was hilarious.

to be honest i didnt want to see the crash, the build up to it was awful, they showed him happy in the jet car and stuff but you knew what was coming and just wanted to warn him if you get me. the actual crash wasnt as horrific as i thought so that made me feel better. I like how they said they wont mention it again, i bet hammond is sick of it, all people would have talked to him about was that i bet recently.

interestingly, that crash is the exact reason ive always shyed away from high speed runs in any of the cars ive had.... sure, ive tried them once of twice, but generally, i dont like going to silly high speeds, as no matter how good a driver you are, if you get a blowout over 100mph, your going to be fecked!

i wonder if the tyres were "Z" zero rated :P hehe. altho when you watch the footage like hammond said it was 0.4 seconds from the tyre splitting to it blowing out :S pretty scarey really. but the best bit is, they had done a few runs, 220mph n 315mph or summit then still wants to go faster!!!! :S jeez. im happy having done what i have i know the buzz you get. and for a bag of smarties i cant be arsed doing it any more, its more of a buzz the torque and pull factor.

the repairing the road bit was funny as though, wangs the speaker phone under it, then later jeremy throws james fish n chips under it :lol:

BIG UP respect to Jamie Oliver as well for his run round the track!!! fecked one car, crashed the other a few times, i bet the car is full of grass and crap, it was hanging off the bumper and wheel trims!!!! the best bit would be to get Ramsey AND Oliver on at the same time and let them both race round the track. FUNNY AS!!!!

Waynio.............................

The Hamster CRASH!

If you haven't seen it yet.

bast BBC, click the link and see what i mean, tut

Crash was nasty but in all honestly, like others have said, i did expect a lot more hurtling around and shizzle.

Show was quote good, more of a 'welcome back Top Gear' show, next ones will be up to the normal standard

PMSL the last comments 'remember people, speed kills', lol

Frooty

hahaha

i think the more impressivce thing was that the people who said his reactions were so quick, thats what you get for been small, it takes less time and effort to actually move each individual part of your body :lol: big respect for him though, surviving that, most of the time they had it on slow mo so you couldnt FULLY gauge what speed he was doing, but it was something everyone wanted to see at one point and now everyone doesnt want to see it. i bet their viewings SKY ROCKETED on sunday. (Y) bring on the rest of the season, i wanna see some more serious action from the Vauxhall Monaro VXR500 one sick forking car.

Waynio......................

Top gear is the best show ever..watch it every week without fail..new series started :D..one on sunday night was cool with the richard hammond crash at some rediculous speed..hoe the new series is good!..at least better than the last one!

Was the roll cage not strong enough? Did it just bend into his head or something?

They said it dug into the ground along with his head, but the rollcage was surrounding his head, so i'm not sure if the soil pushed through the gaps or what.

The noise of the jet engine when it crashed though, poo in pants that is.

when he flipped over he was still facing forward so he face planted the ground because the roll cage just slid under the soil and his hands were restrained so he couldn't protected his face pretty nasty though did they not say he was doing 280mph when he crashed?

For all those people that said the crash wasn't 'dramatic', what did you expect? I admit it doesnt look that dramatic, but you look how quickly the car comes to a stop once the roll hoop digs into the ground. While this is good as the vehicle comes to a halt quickly, richards, (and anyone else involved in a crash with high decelleration), exterior would have come to a halt with the rest of the car but his internal organs wouldnt have which can cause alsorts of damage. He was extremely lucky to survive and come out without permanent damage.

Edited by mcajh