The Top Gear Thread

Smo™

Was the roll cage not strong enough? Did it just bend into his head or something?

They said it dug into the ground along with his head, but the rollcage was surrounding his head, so i'm not sure if the soil pushed through the gaps or what.

The noise of the jet engine when it crashed though, poo in pants that is.

thats what stopped him from travelling futher than he did because it stuck into theground and acted like a ancher..went for 15-20 meters (cant remember how far) before he started to slow, that including the roll bar dug into the ground, pretty far..

Arh!! hate the TT looks like a streatched Beatle :turned:

Not to everyone's taste I admit - my mum despised it! Then again she also hated the Jaguar concept! It was GORGEOUS.

You seen one of those TTs in the flesh though?

They are mean....

Certainly have, lovely looking thing!

Compared to the rest of the crap on tv....I beg to differ.

Pretty good tonight, not the best but still any episode is good in my books, I even like watching the repeats.

Loving that new TT, not sure about the RX-8, just something about it that dosen't catch my eye.

Veyron is unreal.

Lol at the RX-8 having £8,000 of optional extras haha!!

I reckon the Veyron and a F1 car should have a drag race. First to 250mph :P

That was the TT mate, you know what Clarkson's like! Haha.

Was that a trick question? Veyron would win as the F1s can't reach 250 ;)

I reckon the Veyron and a F1 car should have a drag race. First to 250mph :P

I hope that smiley is there because you know that F1 cars cant reach 250mph.

Cos if not Fooooool

Fastest ever recorded on a track is at 230 mph (maybe a 1 or 2 out) at monza before the restriction to V8's

That was the TT mate, you know what Clarkson's like! Haha.

Was that a trick question? Veyron would win as the F1s can't reach 250 ;)

Oooh yeah. Sorry, the TT. Forgot and yeah i was taking the piss with 250 haha. I don't reckon the Veyron will corner like an F1 car though....

I ain't no fool mother f**ker :)

Oooh yeah. Sorry, the TT. Forgot and yeah i was taking the piss with 250 haha. I don't reckon the Veyron will corner like an F1 car though....

I ain't no fool mother f**ker :)

Haha, I highly doubt it too. Lets pool our savigns and find out? Sharp right at 250, I vote you drive, I watch from a distance and note the results.

I wouldn't be suprised if an F1 car could go to 250mph, in a straight line, all you need to to do is reduce the drag of the wings, gear the high gears for out and out speed, I'd have said you'd could be pushing that kind of speed.

But yeah, a lot of padding, I guess the focus wasn't really on the new series, with Hammonds crash and all, they couldn't really have done many races across the continent. Hugh Grant was fairly down to earth and funny, what a load of wank plug, didn't care for his lap, not much funny driving clips like most people have.

I'd have the TT, the Brera is by far the nicest looking, but it will break down, the RX-8 is just average in every respect, average looking, average speed, best thing is it's RWD. I never relly like the old TT, and I must say I'm not to sure on the new TT, except that I love the new front end, it's lush, and even then, the Brera is better looking...

Dissapointing ep, but I think it will get better.

I wouldn't be suprised if an F1 car could go to 250mph, in a straight line, all you need to to do is reduce the drag of the wings, gear the high gears for out and out speed, I'd have said you'd could be pushing that kind of speed.

Honda created a car that only had enough downforce to stop it from taking off and it went 400kph (248.56mph) but it had an adjustable rudder which breaks rules as all fixtures have to be securely fitted to F1 cars.

Honda created a car that only had enough downforce to stop it from taking off and it went 400kph (248.56mph) but it had an adjustable rudder which breaks rules as all fixtures have to be securely fitted to F1 cars.

This is true, but there is no boundary at which angle the wings or degree of downforce must take, so asuming you sacraficed cornering speed for this straight line, low drag angle, it's within the rules, but in a race it's not likely to happen. For a start, you don't normally get a five mile straight in a Grand Prix and secondly, you'll lose way to much time on the corners, when people can brake later, turn faster and herder, and accelerate earlier.

So, side by side, in the same way the Veyron drops its spoiler, we could allow the F1 car to set up it's wings to encourage high end speed, as such, it might be able to push 250mph?

I dunno, that's meer speculation.

how can anyone forget 'so anyone driving in the outside lane at 50mph is a child molestor'

this is why big JC should be prime minister

and to top the f1 vs veyron comments, as james may said, you don't get air con, comfy seats, radio, (satnav?) in an f1 car, and the veyron is still faster! though why anyone would would want the white and black one, i have no idea! possibly the fastest police car ever?

smithy

This is true, but there is no boundary at which angle the wings or degree of downforce must take, so asuming you sacraficed cornering speed for this straight line, low drag angle, it's within the rules, but in a race it's not likely to happen. For a start, you don't normally get a five mile straight in a Grand Prix and secondly, you'll lose way to much time on the corners, when people can brake later, turn faster and herder, and accelerate earlier.

So, side by side, in the same way the Veyron drops its spoiler, we could allow the F1 car to set up it's wings to encourage high end speed, as such, it might be able to push 250mph?

I dunno, that's meer speculation.

Yeah but this honda was raced on a large area, not a track.

This infact, so its not exactly a bendy course is it :P