Is Street Trials Possible With A Uci Bike?

Vasil

Hello

I'm planing to buy soon a uci style frame but I'm a street trials style guy who wan g o bigger in natural trials and would liek to try out a longer frame:)

What you think I bill still possible to do manuals, 180 sidegaps....I'm tall (189 cm) so maube this may help me :)

I wana combien uci with street trials a bit :)

Thank you

Edited by Vasil

Hello

I'm planing to buy soon a uci style frame but I'm a street trials style guy who wan g o bigger in natural trials and would liek to try out a longer frame:)

What you think I bill still possible to do manuals, 180 sidegaps....I'm tall (189 cm) so maube this may help me :)

I wana combien uci with street trials a bit :)

Thank you

Joe maher seemed to get on wel with his Czar Ivan, he rode it pretty street/Park style....

Joe maher seemed to get on wel with his Czar Ivan, he rode it pretty street/Park style....

Wow, ive been recognised :lol: coolness, nice one jake.

And yer, i had the 1100 czar ivan, and i rode it how i would, streety style, never ride natural.

Manuals and that....there still possible..just more of a challenge. S'all good those :)

can you give me some mor einfo about him...pics, vids???

thank you

Hey dude, he's referring to me, add me to msn and ill sort you out with some stuff

joemaher44@hotmail.com

Depends what you mean about a uci bike really e.g. a super-long vinco with high bb, or say a 1065 control. I've got a 1065 control and it's still bunnyhoppable and I'm sure I could do quite a lot of street stuff on it if I had the skills. Bucky also rides one of these and he's a street beast!!!! Have a look at this video to see some of his riding (manuals, bunnyhop gaps etc).

i ride a 1090 IOLO frame

and it seriously is ace for streety stuff,

just get on with it,

dont assume cos its long u can do wall rides, bunny hop gaps and 360s.

just get into it,,

it aint the bike thats capable it YOU !

iolo.

download the new TRA austria video from the video section, those bikes are both around 1100 and they do 360's!

Yeah I know. When Thomas Ohler did that 360 up a curb at the start I was all like "what the f**k?" So yeah, you can do the same stuff on a long bike, it's probably gonna be a bit harder to spin and bunny hop but easier to sidehop/gap/tap etc. You pays your money, you takes your choice :)

hehe nice at the end Tomm (Y) you pays your money you take your choice :lol:

iv ridden "street" orientated riding on 1100/1065/1075/1080 wheelbase bikes for the last 2 years (Y) its fully possible, just like most people say some of the street moves take more to do, but its possible.

Waynio........................

yeah Ohler's spin is awesome.And I thinkalso a big advantage if you are enough tall to be able to spin the biek easier...Anyway first get to uni and if succes then i will get the frame...I hope

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(danny B @ Jun 4 2006, 10:11 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

dud ethe way forward is to have something big and long :P

poor effort, poor :P

anyone remember the "koxx - 2 inches longer" jokes. they woz the shiznit

I love your ride boon and so on...I think for street trials the perfect may be the 24" but I have no chance for that and I wana make my own new uci mixed with bmx tricks style.:).

I prefer short bikes too and long ones as well...I love street trials much better than natural but a shorter stay and longer wheelbase helps and natural and here people do uci style and don't wana be only who no. I wana do both and my idea is that if you are not a small guy you can spin bikes easily and look Ohler did that :)...I try out long if not works change but that little diference will help a lot at natural and don't think will change much in my street style.1

no (Y)

T-F, helpful as ever.

I cant see why its not possible, aslong as you dont go overkill the stem. ATM I'm running a T-Rex wth a 100 x 7 onza stem, and I'm slowly managing to pick up manuals, My bunny hops are improving. I can do a few streetier things on it. So I don't see at all why it's not possible (Y)

Try it and see what you think, You can always sell the frame on and buy something else if your not happy (Y)

I have a Czar 1100 (long) version and I can spin and manual fine on it. Check out my latest video here

It doesnt take long to get used to either, but that may have been the case because I am tall, I dunno. Long frames with bb rise are good for everything really, just give them chance. (Y)