'06 Rb Levers. Naughty.

Mark W

3 posts, 1 minute. Nice.

Supercycles used to handle UK distro, I think, but there's a shop in Sweden that sells them, but they've only got red-lever-blade ones in stock, and they retail at 75euros (I think) which works out as approx. £notverymuch.

£50 ish then. I thought these pics where your bike in your very untidy room mark. :P

That's bound to be a german room in a german house probably in germany with bars bought for german money and more than likely from another german. Nevertheless the disc lever is pure sex ^_^

Does anybody know how they resolve the problem of different piston diameters? Surely this lever won't work with all brakes? It might make them stronger (and thus more spongy, also the movement in the lever will be far greater making the drag greater).... or just make the brake much weaker :ermm:

I can't be bothered reading back through it again but I'm sure they said in the OTN thread that the only change they've made is to replace the (apparently "weak" and "flexy") carbon clamp with a CNC ally one. So it still has the shitty O-ring seals.

Lets hope they have replaced the rear o-ring seal with a wiper seal and improved the quality of the cylinder machining, else they will as with the first leaver have problems. If they haven't gone down the wiper seal front i might do a bit of investigation into finding a suitible wiper seal that can be retrofitted :)

It's Swedish, so leave the Germans out of this :P

The guy who posted the pics on OTN admits that he is german though... and RB is based in Slovakia. Where are the Swedes in this discussion Mark? Some people over here has got them, imported i believe. Where in Sweden have you found them?

Edit: ok, apparently a guy from Finland at Best Brakes is taking care of the Swedish market too. nevermind

Edited by Backgren

How come you got one of the new ones to try? Oh no, wait, you havent. Don't make judgements before anyone has even got them. (Apart from obviously the guy on OTN)

In fairness, if they haven't changed the seals at all then it's still probably going to have the same problems that the majority of RB lever users suffered from previously? If they've changed the rest of it around a bit though, maybe they'll have realised that more people would buy their products is they were spot on, as opposed to 'meh' :P