Akkers New Steed

James_Porter

Name me a trials frame, with the exception of some steel frames, that doesn't have a cnc b/b yoke in some form.

You make a good point. If I'm being pedantic I'll say the Orange Zero didn't have a yoke. But on the other hand, every single one of them broke at that point :rolleyes:

Titanium is still a controlled metal and you don't just wack one together in your garage. It requires expensive and difficult techniques to fabricate and you cannot just produce cnc parts to weld into it like you can aluminium.

titanium can be fabricated and welded just like steel or aluminium by the use of a tig welder and argon gas?

hardly expensive and difficult technique, fair enough the material is expensive but the technique is no different to any other, infact titanium is easier to weld than alu due to being direct current rather than alternating current,

how is cncing alu any different to cnc'ing ti? apart from ti having differeny properties, it is still relatively easy to machine

ash

sounds to me like your i bit too sarcastic. woop de doo basil, its made of ti. its justlike a steel frame but twice the price, somebody get me a tissue! as for the geo it dont look anything speacial. and its got a seat how does a seat help in any way. you cant get of the side of the bike and realy lean it over if it has a seat. I have a bike with a seat, Its for doing cross country.

it looks less of a trials frame and more a street frame. sorry i just cant get exited over it, seen it done loads of times before. i prefer to see somthing new, like the onza duel frame and the new danny b frame, even the new monty mr comas was on the other week.

rob

Let me re-phrase it.

Its not a bike thats designed for stuff i like, so it must be shit and it gives me an excuse to mock it.

May i remind you who this bike is for. I really don't think Chris really gives a shit about that extra 10 degree's lean, or that extra half inch tap which he can't get 'cause its not a trials frame.

Jesus christ this forum gets worse and worse.

So by some peoples logic surely all cars should be single seat carbon fibre super cars doing 10mpg 'cos

they have better performance? Its all about what you like in a frame. I notice much of this "so much for product development" crap is coming from onza buffs .

I DONT EVEN RIDE AN ONZA. i just think its an old fashion design.

sorry forumites i forgot you guys know best. it makes me laff hoe you put a picture of a bikr up, ask what people think of it and then when we tell you, you spit you dummies out. well i like disagreeing with you guy's it entertains my quiet days at work.

T,F,P'S

Taiwanese and Chinese suppliers just have little technology in building Ti. they are Alu kings though.

They are only in the beginning of their Ti experience way...

I don't want to prove my words here arguing to anyone. I just see it by the things they can offer (too few options) and by the things they make (there is one company in Europe that orders their frames in Russia and put the forks made in China..so I can judge).

As far as the chainstay and BB yoke are concerned, we solved this problem by adding a box section (the onlu way out it is).

Proved to be the best idea. If there is a tube in that place - it cracks.

IPB Image

IPB Image

So by some peoples logic surely all cars should be single seat carbon fibre super cars doing 10mpg 'cos

they have better performance? Its all about what you like in a frame. I notice much of this "so much for product development" crap is coming from onza buffs

I DONT EVEN RIDE AN ONZA. i just think its an old fashion design.

'onzabob' was giving his opinion on the frame. There is going to be mixed opinions about it that is what the forum is for, there is no need to make statements like 'is coming from the onza buffs' just because a couple of people don't like the frame design.

I personally like the frame, it is nice to see the 'old school' look again. I do agree though that it isn't cutting edge in the devolepment of frame design compared to the likes of Onza, Koxx etc who are creating all kinds of new designs, but it is a frame designed and for the sole use of Akrigg, that is obviously how he likes his bikes so the purpose/function of the frame is acheived.

Dan.

'onzabob' was giving his opinion on the frame. There is going to be mixed opinions about it that is what the forum is for, there is no need to make statements like 'is coming from the onza buffs' just because a couple of people don't like the frame design.

I dont give a toss if they dont like the design, i just think its stupid that they are moaning that a frame

isnt long low and silver. Saying that a twin triangle frame is crap because its a reverse development is not an opinion, and it looks to me like an onza sponsored rider criticising a frame for the sake of it.

Its going to be fun seeing what some people make of the new range of frames Ashton is developing...

I take it everyones gone off the elaborate designs of new frames?

In reality that frame is the same style as most XC bikes just with different geo :P

Notice those....the people who have been doing trials/biking in general for years on end...find the bike lush...but all the new riders...who have been 1-2 years..who are used to zoo pitbulls dont it :rolleyes: .

Double triangle for the win. Those was the f**king days :)(Y)

Anyone who's been riding for more than a few years tends to find retro-ish stuff nice though, it's just the way it is. A simpler reality check though is to look at how many people who are creaming over it actually have a bike that looks similar to that at all (e.g. Leeson, Curtis, etc.). I suppose, having looked at some of the names here, how many of the people who like it are riding Justices? :P Either way, it looks nice 'n' stuff. Not particularly revolutionary or anything, but I'm guessing Chris just wanted a bike to suit him, which he got. Job: done?

Notice those....the people who have been doing trials/biking in general for years on end...find the bike lush...but all the new riders...who have been 1-2 years..who are used to zoo pitbulls dont it :rolleyes: .

Mate your quite rite, most riders from years back used to ride these kind of frames, and im one of them people. Riders still around this time miss the feel of a frame like this. Yeh it does matter about strenght's and weakness's of the frame, but god sack chris has only just got it, and i dont think he's even battered it yet to make it even break. So i dont see why we should be going on about , (where and how it's gonna break). It's about how it ride's and feel's.

I dont give a toss if they dont like the design, i just think its stupid that they are moaning that a frame

isnt long low and silver. Saying that a twin triangle frame is crap because its a reverse development is not an opinion, and it looks to me like an onza sponsored rider criticising a frame for the sake of it.

Its going to be fun seeing what some people make of the new range of frames Ashton is developing...

For a start bob doesn't ride for onza get your facts straight youth and the bike is nice but by the way that you are going off on one do you want me to pass you some kleanex for when you are done... :lol: and bob was just giving his opinion which he is far more than qualified to do seeing as he was propably in trials when you where having your nappy changed :-

B)-->

QUOTE(danny B @ Jun 30 2006, 12:08 PM)

For a start bob doesn't ride for onza get your facts straight youth and the bike is nice but by the way that you are going off on one do you want me to pass you some kleanex for when you are done... :lol: and bob was just giving his opinion which he is far more than qualified to do seeing as he was propably in trials when you where having your nappy changed :-

Danny pass the kleenex haha :lol:B)

I wasnt refering to bob as the sponsored rider. :rolleyes:

How long has bob been into trials for then?

I got into trials in around 1996 and have been riding since around 1999...

Edited by adamtrials

joe you rock sooooo hard here you go they are the balsam ones so you dnt get a rash lol, and he has ridden comps for bout 7 years and we were ridin before that too so you were nine and he was entering comps that ok for you and i have own a trials bike since the age of about 5 i am now 19 just so you dnt bring my experience up.

:lol:

Edited by danny B

B)-->

QUOTE(danny B @ Jun 30 2006, 12:14 PM)

joe you rock sooooo hard here you go they are the balsam ones so you dnt get a rash lol, and he has ridden comps for bout 7 years and we were ridin before that too so you were nine and he was entering comps that ok for you and i have own a trials bike since the age of about 5 i am now 19 just so you dnt bring my experience up.

:lol:

I wasnt doubting your experience.

I would question your neutrality though...