Drop-in Tv - Shawn Denny

nafan

Been on work experience last couple of weeks with my bro and erned myself 50 quid, and I've also been watching a bit of drop-in

Has anyone noticed Shawn Denny's unique streety style and how little trials there actually is on the series...

Since I have got back today all I've wanted to do is hop onto cars and do spinny stuff and skatepark/street riding...

Its kinda old skool but thought I'd see what other people's thoughts are on him and how he rides.

Please comment, Nathan (Y)

Anyone been catching the new series on Extreme channel. Its on at midnight on weekdays. He rides a levelboss now doesnt he? He's a good rider yes, but i would say there are people who are alot better. But the basisis behind drop in is mainly downhill and all that sort of bouncy bike stuff. Probaly why they dont focus on trials as much, also thers like 10 riders on the bus, and one trials rider, couldnt just to a place for the sake of one person. But yep i love watching it. Great fun!

totally agree...he is on a TV show and yet people like Stan, the MJCycles lot and many other unknown riders, who just knock about on this forum sometimes, are a hell of alot better than him. it doesn't bow well for the trials scene either...if people watch Denny they may have the idea that he is the best and that our sport is just some ShitBMX on rocks.

Guy

totally agree...he is on a TV show and yet people like Stan, the MJCycles lot and many other unknown riders, who just knock about on this forum sometimes, are a hell of alot better than him. it doesn't bow well for the trials scene either...if people watch Denny they may have the idea that he is the best and that our sport is just some ShitBMX on rocks.

Guy

so what's trials then, drop gaps to rails?

so what's trials then?

A bunch of stupid shits on a forum who complain about other riders, apparantly.

Sorry if they wanna portray a bunch of guys ('dirtbags') having a laugh with each other, as opposed to whacking a load of french world champs in there instead. Trials is too boring for the general public and isn't 'extreme' enough to be put on the telly when people are hucking off 40ft cliffs in the same show, that's why they have an all-rounder.

I reckon Drop-In is ace and Shawn Denny, whilst of course not being the most able rider around, is a top geezer and alot of fun to watch. And I'd rather see a mediocre rider hitting lush natural spots than the same old street sidehope, taps and hooks that seem to be everywhere at the moment...

And Darren Berrecloth is the man.

I reckon Drop-In is ace and Shawn Denny, whilst of course not being the most able rider around, is a top geezer and alot of fun to watch. And I'd rather see a mediocre rider hitting lush natural spots than the same old street sidehope, taps and hooks that seem to be everywhere at the moment...

And Darren Berrecloth is the man.

I'm thinking the same, he isn't overly capable but I think he's one of the most inventive riders around...

As well as going big and making people gobsmacked, I think trials needs to be creative, that way it is more attractive and interesting...

Nathan (Y)

Denny is f**king wank and sameer you're totally wrong. Everytime i go riding the public stop and watch us. You get the odd person who says they have seen it on tv but never thought it was that good. But yet they stand and watch and are amazed. Simply because denny is truley shite and doesnt show at all how the sport has evolved one bit. He is stuck in the damn stoneage and to be honest hes a wannabe trials rider who should stick to falling off cliffs with some speed. If your going to do something and get seen on tv atleast have the decency of doing it right. He must surely know he's shite and could atleast point a tv crew in the right direction id hope.. but i guesse as soon as anyone gets a camera on them and a bit of money waved they will literally jump through hoops.

Edited by Spacemunkee

Denny is f**king wank and sameer you're totally wrong. Everytime i go riding the public stop and watch us. You get the odd person who says they have seen it on tv but never thought it was that good. But yet they stand and watch and are amazed. Simply because denny is truley shite and doesnt show at all how the sport has evolved one bit. He is stuck in the damn stoneage and to be honest hes a wannabe trials rider who should stick to falling off cliffs with some speed. If your going to do something and get seen on tv atleast have the decency of doing it right. He must surely know he's shite and could atleast point a tv crew in the right direction id hope.. but i guesse as soon as anyone gets a camera on them and a bit of money waved they will literally jump through hoops.

He's hardly shite, the last video i saw of him he was doing some nice bunnyhops to front wheel up things that the majority of riders would tap to get to back wheel on, and he was riding smoothly and consistently. Its obvious he goes riding with ryan leech as they both have the same kind of "manifesto" style, however, it is most likely that they contacted someone that has been in the limelight for a while and who is proven to be good in front of a camera. I would also imagine that location is another key factor as i'm sure a recording company would rather employ a canadian rider for clips in america than british riders in canada.

i don't even know where to start, i seriously think you should go away, have a little think about how stupid and ignorant that has made you sound chris.

Due to the fact I see so many amazing videos at trials forum ( (Y) ).....I found Shawn`s riding to be very, very boring and average, infact I was quite shocked!

No biggie though....worse things happen at sea!

Thank god Road Fools was on all night though! ^_^ (backwards tailwhip with free-coaster - nice!)

Due to the fact I see so many amazing videos at trials forum ( (Y) ).....I found Shawn`s riding to be very, very boring and average, infact I was quite shocked!

No biggie though....worse things happen at sea!

Thank god Road Fools was on all night though! ^_^ (backwards tailwhip with free-coaster - nice!)

Don't even get me started with Road Fools, those guys are absolutely amazing, I've never see as many riders with that level of talent, skill and sheer balls on one video/program before. Some of the stuff that gets done on that show is plain ridiculous.

Edited by jay119

i remember the first time i saw this i was sitting infront of the tv. i was all excited because there was some trials on tv. when i saw the pile of toss named shawn denny riding i was f**king gutted. if i was sitting in a room with a mate and he asked if that was what i do id of said no its a f**king embarresment to say hes a trials rider.

it seemed like hed strugle with everything. why the f**k do people ride such shite bikes when you can blatently tell its making life hard for them.

anyway im not a fan of him in the slightest it reminded me of watching boon at the bike show, painful to say the least.

you bunch of cocks. he's a f**king good rider, just more of a streety style, likes experimenting a bit more. i'v never seen him come accross as a shakey or nervous rider, i just think that it could come accross like that because he looks (and sounds) so young :P . anyway, he's better than 99% of the people bitching about him.

so what's trials then, drop gaps to rails?

Only for the majority of the British. Then you've got the rest of the world which rides normally. I do find Shawn Denny a good rider, but there are better riders out there.

I think that the answer is simple. Take Denny and one of these hardcore british riders to a spot where there is a big wall and some small walls with gaps etc. The standard rider will tap the highest wall, sidehop it, hook it and go home. Denny will come up with a very creative line on the smaller walls and nail it without correction hops, put some spins and manuals into it and make it look interesting.

Whereas trials in the UK (generally) is getting VERY boring because people only try to sidehop higher and gap further. Take the guy on the 26" GU (Matt A.?) and Damon, both are very impressive riders and both can sidehop and tap very high. They do nothing creative - if I watch Damon's video and then Matts video, the only difference I can spot is the looks of the rider and the colour of the bike.

People like Denny, Leech and some other USA/Canadian riders keep it an interesting and creative sport which is not only about finding one wall and getting up onto it, but finding many walls and doing them with style and with flow.

Trials is too boring for the general public

Ah, yes, that'd be why on the "big" video sites when trials clips are put up on there people love them, and how people stop and watch trials riders, how people try talking to people out riding and ask them what they're doing, and so on?