R.i.p Steve Irwin

JT!

Animals shouldnt be kept in captivety

They should if it prevents them from being extinct, which is the case with alot of animals

crocodiles too i believe, not sure though..

sorry if im wrong and trying to sound smart :P

this is such a sad vid of him :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE2hy7OAlMk...ted&search=

good thing that my sound doesnt work on youtube..dont think i could keep my eyes dry, crying people make me sad =/

This is such a sad thing to hear, my friend told me this morning on msn and at first i didnt believe him because he said steve irwin has died that the gae of 44 and as a sign of respect on msn everyone is putting a turtle in thier name and it wasnt untill i looked at all the screen names and saw the turtles till i thought hey something has happened so i looked on the tv and sure enoguh it was true.

What a man for the world to lose but it is true he died doing what he loved best.

R.I.P Steve

He was a bloody good bloke, a friend of man and animal alike. And the Shelia's liked him too.

You will be sorely missed Steve `O.

CROCS RULE!

Pic of my.. er uncle and his new born baby.

IPB Image

Note: This image has not been tampered with in any way, using Photoshops lasso tools, clone stamp brushes or colour correction enhancements.

Note: I like him, chill out `turtle lovers`! :-

but not soundiung harsh, but it kinda pisses me off that everyone is like 'oh shit, can't believe he died' but something like 125,000 people die aday, and they don't get any recognission, but because he liked to juggle with his life everyone gets all say about it

Thats true, 125,000 people might die every day. How many of them were really good people? And that doesn't mean celebrity; if Paris Hilton died, I certainly wouldn't shed a tear or expect to see over five pages of thread on here.

People mourn and pay their respects because Steve Irwin was a good, kind, loving person, to humans and the animals he worked with, even if I don't agree with some of his ethics. And yes there are other good people who would have died on September 4th, but we weren't fortunate enough to know them, and so we mourn and pay respects to those we do know, because thats all we can do.

I didn't know Steve Irwin's antics very well, I didn't watch his show much, but he deserves to be remembered, I know that much.

Rich

Hes not really the sort of person who you would expect to die quietly in his sleep though is he. For him getting shot in the heart by a stingray was a pritty good way to go. Its just a shame it didnt happen when he was a bit older. Still had a young family etc. R.I.P

Don't be daft, if Paris Hilton died there would be a MASSIVE thread with THOUSANDS of posts with comments and pics and links to dodgy websites, lol.

But seriously post a thread about any of those 124,999 other people and we would all pay our respects because we're good people! This is Steve's thread, maybe open another one for anyone else who you'd care to mention and they would get the same treatment (but without all the references to stingrays and crocodiles)!

But back on topic, I can't say I will miss him because that would be a lie but for me he was in a similar league to Tim Westwood, they are both so far fetched and unreal it's a joke and for that reason I like them.

Thoughts go out to his family!

Davey

Edited by Small_Gear_Big_Style

i obviously don't mean it in a cocky or dick head way, but surely it's got to be one of the most "it told you so" deaths???

He was cool, and it's sad. Mess with fire though and sooner or later, you're gonna get burnt.

RIP.

Bongo

That is very true, there was a guy on the news that basically said the exact same thing, that if you constantly annoy/hold/taunt deadly animals for a living it is inevitable that one day it will be the end of you.

But the thing i don't get is that stingrays aren't even meant to be angry or violent, and they don't lash out at people unless they are really provoked.

Like it has been said though if someone did put up another page about someone they care to mention, then i'm sure they would get the same responses because people can empathise with it, it's just that Steve Irwin was on tv and in the media a lot people started to learn more about him as a person and in a sense got to know him, so it makes it easier to feel more for him, if that makes sense.

Either way though, it's still pretty sad.

Edited by huck_it

That is very true, there was a guy on the news that basically said the exact same thing, that if you constantly annoy/hold/taunt deadly animals for a living it is inevitable that one day it will be the end of you.

But the thing i don't get is that stingrays aren't even meant to be angry or violent, and they don't lash out at people unless they are really provoked.

Like it has been said though if someone did put up another page about someone they care to mention, then i'm sure they would get the same responses because people can empathise with it, it's just that Steve Irwin was on tv and in the media a lot people started to learn more about him as a person and in a sense got to know him, so it makes it easier to feel more for him, if that makes sense.

Either way though, it's still pretty sad.

Definitely and not forgetting that the guy opened up his own zoo which funnily enough was called australia zoo.. go figure. Where he bread a lot of endangered animals and took in the injured. Great guy in my books really cared about his profession. Must have been heartbraking for his daughter whos segment of the documentary it was that was being filmed when he died.

lyrics included

We all wanna make a place in this world

We all want our voices to be heard

Every one wants a chance to be someone

We all have dreams we need to dream

Sweeter than any star you can reach

Cuz when you reach and find, you've found someone

You'll hold this world's most priceless thing

The greatest gift this life can bring

Is when you look back and know

You were loved

[Chorus:]

You were loved by someone

Touched by someone

Held by someone

Meant something to someone

Loved somebody

Touched somebody's heart

Along the way

You can look back and say (mm)

You were loved (yes you were)

You can have diamonds in your hands

Have all the riches in the land

But, without love,

You don't really have a thing, no no

When somebody cares that you're alive

When somebody trusts you with their life

That's when you'll know (huh)

That you have all you need

You'll hold this world's most priceless gift

The finest treasure that there is

You can look back and know

You were loved

Touched by someone

Held by someone

Loved somebody

Touched somebody's heart

Along the way

Yes, You were loved (yes you were now)

[bridge:]

So many roads that you can take

Whatever way you go

Don't take that road alone

It's better you should know

Touched by someone

Held by someone

Loved somebody

Touched somebody's heart

Along the way

You did okay

You were loved

So remember to tell that special one (yeah, mm)

You were loved

You were loved

You were loved

You were loved

Hey hey hey hey hey