Trials Calenders For 2007

F-Stop Junkie

Done properly I would definatly buy one.

No idea how much i'd pay though, i imagine a lot of people would be able to get them as christmas gifts so it makes sense to try and get them as close to market calender value as possible. I think around £10 is right.

Photo wise I think a good selection of some of your stuff, natural/comp/street would be good. Possibly have a couple of photos per page dependant on size etc.

Would be good to have some other user photos as well, there's some good photographers on here but choosing photos could be a real pain.

Dan

Done properly I would definatly buy one.

No idea how much i'd pay though, i imagine a lot of people would be able to get them as christmas gifts so it makes sense to try and get them as close to market calender value as possible. I think around £10 is right.

Photo wise I think a good selection of some of your stuff, natural/comp/street would be good. Possibly have a couple of photos per page dependant on size etc.

Would be good to have some other user photos as well, there's some good photographers on here but choosing photos could be a real pain.

Dan

Haha , Dan , did the fit trials riders sisters calenders go straight over your head?

:P

OK ive had another thought for this too

What if we advertised them to major gift companies too to get none trials riders to buy it too? I mean we bought a calendar of the yorkshire dales once even though we dont live anywhere near it.

Think it could get a bit more revenue...... :) Just an idea though,....

• 4 weeks later...

To give an update on this, I've hit two big snags.

1) Good quality calenders cost a bloomin' fortune. While I could probably hit the £15 price mark, it would mean little or no donation to BiketrialUK which would be a bad thing

2) 98% of my shots are portrait style, while most 'we make your calendars' companies only supply calendars based around landscape style shots. Now if the sheet with the photo on is A4, then the image size is still A5, so not too bad, but not ideal.

The only way around these two problems is to go with something custom printed. This is either more expensive for small quantities, or a reasonable price for 500 of the blighters. And I'm not about to take the chance and have 400 calendars left over.

So what to do. Well this is where I need the help of the TF massive. If anyone knows of places that custom make calenders, then please PM me, especially if it's one you've used and can recommend. Any option - short of printing them myself - will be explored.

The other option is that the calender is produced on a landscape orientation, but we use the white space to sell advertising. This will ensure that we hit a price point where people will buy, advertisers get a pack of keen trials riders staring at their logo for a month, and BiketrialUK get some money to help keep the sport going along.

Given that we're approaching the end of the year quite rapidly, all thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated. Also could any of the retailers offering their services check the VAT status of calenders to ensure nothing is lost to the tax man there.

Advertising seems like a good option to me. May not be ideal on something like a calendar which is there mainly for athetics, but seing as though your trying to raise money, i'd go for that unless something better shows up.

(Y)

Advertising seems like a good option to me. May not be ideal on something like a calendar which is there mainly for athetics, but seing as though your trying to raise money, i'd go for that unless something better shows up.

(Y)

i'd have to agree with that.id rather it happen and have a little advertising on,than no advertising,no money to biketrialuk and possibly no calender.

Carl

• 2 weeks later...

Right, a quick update. Thanks to Rugbyman, I've got a decent price to do it, but we need quantity. What I'm going to be doing is setting up a site somewhere (can anyone help here?) to allow previews of the images involved, and pre-order. I really need pre-orders as there is a fair amount of cash involved and I don't want to be stuck with loads of calenders and a big debt at the end...

Once I get things sorted, I'll post up here and start taking orders!

What I'm going to be doing is setting up a site somewhere (can anyone help here?) to allow previews of the images involved, and pre-order.

Chris, you can have as much space on either www.biketrialuk.co.uk or on cleanbikes as you like for this purpose. Give me a call or drop me an email.

Barbara