Any Bike Tarts Here?

Willsey

Lately i have been planning all the little extras i could change on my bike, just to make it look sweat... i must have my bike looking pretty smart IMO to feel totally compfortable when riding.. yes its true im a perfectionist.. i cannot stand a brake rubbing either! thats a killer.. i wont ride my zona if the rear is rubbing as it just drives me totally insane...

Now i know most people just use whats best for performance.. but i was wondering if there is many people here that must have a smartish looking bike to feel good? :- yes its pretty sad isnt it but i cannot help it!

To a degree. I wouldn't stop riding my bike if it was dirty or un-coordinated but having it looks nice makes you feel good and that feeling will come out in your riding. It is like feeling good when you have your best clothes on, or a smart suit; your bike is an extension of what you are wearing.

Within reason. I'll generally choose a part then pick the best suited colour for it, But if someting was only available in pink or yellow i probably wouldnt bother, i'd go for the next best thing.

Im a bit of a tart with setup, I'll spend ages getting my levers at the right angle, and with V's i gotta get the same amount of pull without being spongy. If something creaks i'll take it to bits and sort it out.

To a degree. I wouldn't stop riding my bike if it was dirty or un-coordinated but having it looks nice makes you feel good and that feeling will come out in your riding. It is like feeling good when you have your best clothes on, or a smart suit; your bike is an extension of what you are wearing.

sounds about right i can agree with that!

Within reason. I'll generally choose a part then pick the best suited colour for it, But if someting was only available in pink or yellow i probably wouldnt bother, i'd go for the next best thing.

Im a bit of a tart with setup, I'll spend ages getting my levers at the right angle, and with V's i gotta get the same amount of pull without being spongy. If something creaks i'll take it to bits and sort it out.

same here, the feeling of my bike is a main priority, like spongy brakes, so i will literally sit for hours playing with them till there near perfect! i annoys all my mates but as soon as they ride my bike they can see why... and if my BB creaks, it will be sorted within the hour or ill have another one on order... it sounds so petty but its a habbit, a costly one..

If anything i would say i'm totally opposite, to me a well rode bike tells a thousand stories :P

When i get new bits more my bike it makes me want to ride it more, i don't know why. But for me to be totally comfortable with my bike i prefer it to have a few knocks and scrapes otherwise i worry to much about damaging it.

It is like when you get some new shoes and they look really nice and clean on the outside, but when you wear them they are uncomfortable and tight. But after a few months and they are worn in they are mega comfy but not as new and clean looking. Thats kind of how a feel about my bike ^_^

rear is rubbing as it just drives me totally insane...

HAHHA lucky you never ride with me... my whole bikes bodged up

the front lever is selotaped shut because a pad fell out my caliper going down a hill and i

cba to fix it so just too the caliper off and put the rotar round the wrong way

my BB creaks

my back break is about effective as holding your rim mid hop

ah well ill sort it out soon............

as the people to have to ride with me :$

I am. :)

I like my bike to look nice. No random colours everywhere. (apart from the red tape on my grips...)

If the brake rubs, it'll piss me off. So I unwind the TPA, wind it up again. if that doesn't sort it, i'll set the whole thing up again.

It barely gets muddy, so I never clean it.

Bike Pic. :P

I'd agree with brake drag, spongy brakes, loose chain, thick grips etc. My bike always needs to be a direct extension of my body, so everything has to be spot on. Otherwise I feel as if I was sitting on a cow and holding it by it's ears.

I couldn't care less about how my bike looks while I'm riding. As long as it works perfectly all is well. But when you come back from a ride, sit down on the sofa and look at your bike... well, that's something completely different :)

Im a bit of a tart, I piss around we my brakes and derailier etc for hours. Colours don't matter to me, aslong as the other colours on the bike goes with it I am happy.

I have a bit of a thing for carbon fibre bits aswell. I don't have much of it though.

im really not fussed what my bike looks like, all that matters to me is the way it rides (Y)

im just happy that i finally have a bike that feels right, ill give it a clean once in a while but thats about as far as i go :)

you should see my wheel builds

front hope silver ex721 on black XC hub with silver spokes drive side into black nipples, and balck spokes into silver nipples on non drive.

rear wheel DX32 on pro2T and then the spokes are sections 8 silver then 8 black then 8 silver then 8 black

will sort some pics out soon looks pimp if u ask me

oh and i bought koxx reds because they match my frame (work so poorly though).

biggest pimps ever are ash (trialnoir) who spends days polishing his gu, and my mate rik, will get pics of his new phase when it comes through, there will be no bike as tricked out as this, all black with custom hope parts XT components, and the most unique wheel builds ever (hence how i have got such fancy wheels)

Im Terrible....... Brakes must be working perfectly, Rims must be straight, bike generally has to be set-up just for me, I also have a serious habit of buying new stuff when thing's are not broken, RB lever, CNC backing's, I even have 2 pair's of cranks exactley the same.

Im also one for polishing and making sure my bike is clean, I like to strip paint off thing's and get them down to the bare metal, I like the shine of nice polished aluminium.....

my mate rik, will get pics of his new phase when it comes through, there will be no bike as tricked out as this, all black with custom hope parts XT components, and the most unique wheel builds ever (hence how i have got such fancy wheels)

forgot about him! I have seen most of the stuff he is putting on it and may I say PIMP. any news on when it will be here Matthew?

Brakes must not rub, but it doesn't have to be sharper than sharp i can live with wooden brakes, bike has to look nice to some degree but all i care about is performance and strength really.

I don't mind the mud and scratches, as long as the brakes are sound and there is no play or clanging noise...

But whenever I have to upgrade a component, then my policy is to find a better one, maybe lighter, or better quality, but within reason :closedeyes: . I have no pride in having an expensive bike just for the sake of it :huh:

I definitely am a tart, but a lazy tart. I wouldn't buy parts that don't match the rest of the bike (colour-wise) even if there better (performance-wise). I used to have a thing about tire pressure, but I never bring my own pump out riding for some reason, and I always end up using a seriously shitty pump that i find at the bottom of a stream or something. I have ripped the valve of the inner tube three times, THREE TIMES! Which is pretty fecking annoying. I run RimJam blues on a smooth rim, so my brakes are crap what ever I do. But I still can't stand the pads rubbing.

Basically things really really annoy me, but I - can't be bothered/can't/am to scared to - adjust them.

So yeah - Lazy tart.

Edited by Mr_Tensile