What Rear Rim Are You Power Beasts Using?

Shaun H

I was thinking as much..But doesn't Tunni use a Chris King rear hub rather than a ZOO! one?

So the 'sponsorship' may not be such a big issue when it comes to certain components anymore..

Big difference between trusting a rim and trusting a hub. :- Far less at risk with a rim breakage.

Yeah, the new Zoo! rims are supposed to be pretty damn strong. I'd suggest one of those.

But, when you say you haven't seen any of the aforementioned riders (in the topic title) smash a rim, then i suggest you watch Neil's bail video (Y) ...

Cheers,

Joe.

im on echo 07 rim at the moment, and i personally think its a truly amazing rim. by far the strongest ive used. i would seriously consider using on.

my list

koxx rim

dx-32

onza hog

onza ronnie

echo 05 rim

echo cnc rim

and i would say that this new echo owns all of them.

EDIT: I WOULDNT CLASS MYSELF AS A POWER BEAST EITHER :S

Edited by ben_travis

onza hog are pretty strong, koxx are good to but have thinner side walls

- depends if you grind them see :lol:

if i had a new set of rims it would be echo 07 jobbies, probably in green but that makes no difference to the strength im told. iv yet to kill a d521 but they are abit old school and not to stable in comparison the the new oober wide rims avalable

to be honest how long a rim lasts depends on the rider if you are a 15 stone beast and ride like a cast iron cow you will probably be hard pushed to find a rim to last you afew months

on the otherhand if you are a stick parading as a trials rider it takes alot of abuse to kill any rims.

my new fave rim is the Spank ooobah stiffy rim.

40 mm wide, hard alloy, patented stuff which means its the stiffest rim out or somthing, its also 25mm deep which should reduce flat spots.

for those who want to know what alistair is speaking about....

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/Default.aspx?Main=...6&UberCat=0