Mbuk

Waynio

Mr Martin Hawyes.

PLEASE before people start JUMPING the gun. READ the full interview in depth and look at it from martin's point of view from being a PRO for more years than ANYONE on here has been riding their bike.

Makes alot of sense and has alot of good information for the people involved in the sport. ALSO read the Danny Holroyd article again a question bumps up about the following:

"kids/lads should ride thier bike for the fun of the sport not to want to get sponsored and be too deep in getting sponsored"

Riders ride better under less pressure, and your having fun when your not WANTING things. iv noticed in the 5 years iv ridden trials, iv had the best time of my riding life in the last 2 years, turn upto competitions enjoy it have fun and get along with everyone.

i dont think that it deserves a good going over by someone critisizing someones "thoughts" and "opinions" everyone has them and everyone is entitled to them. BUT just consider how long Martin has been a PRO.

Waynio............................

Ride bikes have fun and enjoy life. simple (Y):) am 23, but still feel like im 18/19, i still get the same buzz from trials as i did from first starting and learning the basics of trials to now learning the more advanced stuff.

your pathetic though joe................ GROW UP!!!!!

havent read the letters section yet. i will have a look at it now.

Waynio.......................

EDIT: Read the letters section. mis understood i thought there was 2 letters in there. in NO circumstances does it NAME the butlers? where is the problem????? :S it is kind of funny though :P:lol: well worth winning a £90.00 lid (Y)

Edited by Waynio

haha no it wasnt, didnt even notice it.

As far as this MBUK bollox goes, who gives a crap what Martin thinks of natural trials? If you dont want to do it, dont, and if you prefer it, then ride it.

The reason ive stuck with trials for 7 long years is that it was soo open minded and the people in it where really cool. You used to be able to get on any bike and ride, wearing what you want and that would be it.

Now its getting petty and people are ridiculing others for the style they ride, the bike they are on and the clothes they wear.

Who remembers a couple years back, th e whole UCI, BUI style arguments. Shut the f**k up and ride. Thats all it should be about. Stop commanding everyone else about who want to just get on with their own thing.

The whole individuality of trials is going because everyone is copying what someone else says and does. so not about that.

If someone want to throw their toys out the pram because they dont like what somone else is doing, f**k 'em off and ride, your own way.

Mr Martin Hawyes.

PLEASE before people start JUMPING the gun. READ the full interview in depth and look at it from martin's point of view from being a PRO for more years than ANYONE on here has been riding their bike.

Makes alot of sense and has alot of good information for the people involved in the sport. ALSO read the Danny Holroyd article again a question bumps up about the following:

"kids/lads should ride thier bike for the fun of the sport not to want to get sponsored and be too deep in getting sponsored"

Riders ride better under less pressure, and your having fun when your not WANTING things. iv noticed in the 5 years iv ridden trials, iv had the best time of my riding life in the last 2 years, turn upto competitions enjoy it have fun and get along with everyone.

i dont think that it deserves a good going over by someone critisizing someones "thoughts" and "opinions" everyone has them and everyone is entitled to them. BUT just consider how long Martin has been a PRO.

Waynio............................

Ride bikes have fun and enjoy life. simple (Y):) am 23, but still feel like im 18/19, i still get the same buzz from trials as i did from first starting and learning the basics of trials to now learning the more advanced stuff.

I'm 35 and I still feel 20 :$

Edited by robster

gud lad John, you was looking good on sunday ;)lol!!!! shame i couldnt stay for longer, i was absolutly shot.

Martins interview looks at his perspective from a "professionals" side. for example if i was faced with this scenario:

British championship round 1

Clashed with a demo (that i am paid for and have an audience to perform in front of)

All day long il turn up to the demo, for 1, i get paid for something i really enjoy doing, 2 i get to ride my bike (Y):) and 3 you get to talk to people who are not so in the know about trials and explain to them what its all about, and usually its finished off by them saying how impressive it is.

ideal example was sunday, shipley glen, having a ride with numerous friends, went to one spot where there was a chap who had just strolled up on his MTB, he veered off down into the woods, which i thought was weird, next i see him climbing up the rock faces, so he had used his MTB to get to shipley then was doing a bit of climbing i watched in amazement at how ONLY his fingertips were gripping in some of the smallest and tightest ledges. and was amazed so complimented him, he then turned around and we got talking, he was watching us and said how amazed he was at what we was doing. just the little things like that makes my ride/day. someone showing an interest or just complimenting riding, it doesnt just oritentate round comps. people wouldnt know about trials if martin and martyn had not started doing demonstrations (Y):)

Waynio..................................

Now its getting petty and people are ridiculing others for the style they ride, the bike they are on and the clothes they wear.

Who remembers a couple years back, th e whole UCI, BUI style arguments. Shut the f**k up and ride. Thats all it should be about. Stop commanding everyone else about who want to just get on with their own thing.

The whole individuality of trials is going because everyone is copying what someone else says and does. so not about that.

That's pretty much my opinion on the matter. For me, it's just not 'the same' anymore as it used to be. Too much bollocks getting in the way.