Idea

TomR

The only way I could see regional subforums working is it was split into england/wales/scotland/ireland/elsewhere. If it was into more subforums than that then people who live on borders would never see rides next door to them (unless they checked their subforum and subforums for all surrounding areas) - same problem applies to seperating it out into countries too. Rides like 'big london/bristol ride' wouldn't get much attention either...

We have some updates on the way to worry about first, then some changes may be made.

Cool, i see your concerns but if you live between places then its only really 2 sub forums to check. I do agree in big city rides where people travel down though.

Maybe a sticky with regional member lists though? Maybe get someone else to mod that though, as with 11k+ members it might get a bit busy.

If people want to start updating their profiles with their county (click here http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....rCP&CODE=01 ) then one day i'll start work on a member map thing :)

Tops, although i know the forum already knows ip addresses, so wouldn't it be possible to implement something like this that shows you what town you are in based soley on your IP address?

No?

Tops, although i know the forum already knows ip addresses, so wouldn't it be possible to implement something like this that shows you what town you are in based soley on your IP address?

No?

Wont work, sadly.

IP address are allocated at the main ISP switch for your area. For example, it says i'm in Brighton, i'm not, i'm 30 miles across from there. :)

But not as annoying as having to scroll through 5 pages in the first subforum to find a post which is selling mod parts...

Seriously though, if you had subforums inside subforums, then it would make life much easier!

If you looking for mod parts, go in mod section, then browse... if you looking for stock parts, go in stock section then browse... ect..

Bars, cranks, pedals, chains, sprockets, BBs, stems (in some cases), headsets, some hubs, Maguras, V's, hydraulic discs, cable discs, grips, tools, miscellaneous stuff - that's all stuff that can be used on both mods and stocks. Basically, you'd have a sub-forum for forks, frames, some rear hubs and rims/tyres?

Top stuff Tom, thats good stuff. Maybe an announcement/sticky in the rides & locations forum to make everyone aware of it?

I came in here to post the same thing. :)

Needs some kind of anouncement something .... sticky

Top stuff Tom, thats good stuff. Maybe an announcement/sticky in the rides & locations forum to make everyone aware of it?

I came in here to post the same thing. :)

Needs some kind of anouncement something .... sticky

Done :)

Proof that not all suggestions are ignored after all :P

PS I have some other plans up my sleeve, which will in effect give you regional subforums ;) will take a while though if I do do it, wont be til 2.2 is out anyways.

Sweet, can't wait to see what pops up with v2.2. Hopefully the skins wont change too much.

amen.

will we be able to group ignore people based on regions - the Welsh for example ?

:P

edit::

oh, and I meant to ask what happened to the member number / date joined thingies

Edited by poopipe

amen.

will we be able to group ignore people based on regions - the Welsh for example ?

:P

edit::

oh, and I meant to ask what happened to the member number / date joined thingies

No :P

and... I got rid of the member numbers (pretty pointless) and I guess Danny removed the date joined bit. All to make way for the new county bit. Maybe some of it will shift around again with 2.2, wouldn't be surprised.

I dont know if there is enough posting in the rides/location section to warrant sub sections by area.

But for example.... id never post a southend ride up in rides / locations... because i know who i ride

with and know there addys / numbers..... but i would post it up if it was a south east or essex sub topic

becuase anyone who veiwed in would be within 50 miles of it???