Apparantly New Echo Brakes - Seen On Otn

ben_travis

As someone mentioned earlier, this new brake could be the design of several different people, eg:

Deng

Zhi

Magura 2007/2008?

Hope

Another brand

I think it's a little silly to come up with assumptions that it is indeed a Deng product, who knows? No official evidence has been given yet, it could well just be a Magura prototype... :turned:

Even if it were Deng or Zhi or another brand, knowing how things work in this modern world, they will have found some loophole somewhere.

its great how assumptions start.

magura has a huge amount of patenting n their brakes. surely other companies would have done it by now. i.e. shimano.

if anyone could get around this 'loophole' bollox it would be shimano.

perhaps they will be made by someone else and branded magura, in return for a huge stake in the profits?

its impossible to tell who made them from a picture..or so and so said that so and so said he heard this.

future orange 660 Posted Today, 07:48 AM

its great how assumptions start.

magura has a huge amount of patenting n their brakes. surely other companies would have done it by now. i.e. shimano.

if anyone could get around this 'loophole' bollox it would be shimano.perhaps they will be made by someone else and branded magura, in return for a huge stake in the profits?its impossible to tell who made them from a picture..or so and so said that so and so said he heard this.

I cant see a massive corporation like shimao entering a niche market like trials brakes. It seems a good idea for a trials company though as if they can make something better than a magura they'll sell like hotcakes.

Not keen on the idea of barbed fittings all round, There a pain in the arse compared to just whacking an olive on there and doing the bolt up.

Assuming the lever body gets a bit of an overhaul it should be sweet, my break system would probably become the only Deng bit on my bike.

Barbed fittings are easy to get on, just hammer the hose to warm it up, then the barb slides on easy. takes all of 4 seconds to do it.

he did say on the design to use those domed washers as featured on avid disc brakes to get the right angle.

Yeah, it was a crappy design and leaves out loads of adjustments, was just an example Of how you could change the design. Took me the whole of about a minute to draw up, haha.

And yeah, They really are ZHI breaks.

havent read the other pages as i am on dial up but yeh, look pretty nice neil was supposed to have some when he got his new bike but i believe deng has had them for a while now from what i gather but i think its just what we need.

Paul