Apparantly New Echo Brakes - Seen On Otn

ben_travis

If those are small allen bolts on each cyclinder that let you adjust each pad seperatly they'd be rad, a magura thats easy to set up. Also it looks like there is a longer clamping area on each piston so you could run narrow rims in wide frames. Gettin spares might be interesting though and lack of olives on the hoses looks abit leaky.

As leedtrials says there a reason there is no other hydraulic rim brakes on the market. That's because Magura hold patents on nearly everything about them making it near impossible for someone elce to make one.

This must mean Magura's patents have either run out or they are licensing them to deng allowing him to make them.

Does anyone know the length of such patents?

won't our cranks and feet be more likely to hit the cylenders though if they have to be further out for wider rims.

and just occured, they could be bigger to accomodate a new set of frames which are even wider to take his even bigger rims when they are made, but so you can still run thinner ones still, ahhhhhhhh.

fanny face

EDIT: highlight my post (Y)

EDIT2: OMFG 3000th post, i have 8 boxes, luuuuuuuuush

Edited by ash-kennard

ZOO! calipers to match my frame, lever blade, bars, hubs, clamps, cranks, pads, forks AND headsets wholy shit i'm in nooby heaven! lol. think they'l make branded pedals? or tyres?

whoring aside i like the look of the lever body, and the clear hosing probably good for knowing when you need a re-bleed hehe. also just noticed tf has changed

Having the same size thread on each connecter could be a good idea for those who damage/service their brakes regularly.

But even those allen bolts in the side of the callipers have been "borrowed" from magura-it looks very similair to a firmtech brake calliper indeed.

hmm...

IF this was to be made then i personally think its one of the most interesting thing to be produced SOLELY fro trials riding.

woot.

strangely dave you have a point :P But i still cant shake the feeling of not trusting it. Don't know why to be honest

Does anyone know the length of such patents?

Same as copyright isn't it? 10 years?

IF this was to be made then i personally think its one of the most interesting thing to be produced SOLELY fro trials riding.

woot.

(Y)

I just hope it isn't done without magura's knowledge, or there are fundemental differences so that magura can't touch it and it is actually a new design.

However, with how hydraulic rim brakes work, i highly doubt its very different at all.

Time will tell, one to follow though, for sure.

Not keen on the idea of barbed fittings all round, There a pain in the arse compared to just whacking an olive on there and doing the bolt up.

Assuming the lever body gets a bit of an overhaul it should be sweet, my break system would probably become the only Deng bit on my bike.

Very intresting!! Finally some proper news

It's quite obviouse these are prototypes but should still be intresting to see if they go into production. The thing with patents is that you need one for almost every country or someone in that country can produce a copy well within the law and apply for the patent themselfs. Not to sure how the law stands on selling outside of the patent country into another though.

Still very intresting little surprised they didn't change more but maybe they think the magura only needed refining.

Did a bit of digging and found this;

http://v3.espacenet.com/textdoc?DB=EPODOC&...6374957&F=0

Thats the patent for the cylinders.

http://v3.espacenet.com/textdoc?DB=EPODOC&...9856804&F=0

Thats for, as far as i can tell the way it is mounted.

http://v3.espacenet.com/textdraw?DB=EPODOC...p;QPN=DE4232598

Thats for the evolution mounts.

There is also patents for about 4 or 5 different hydraulic brake systems. Not found lever ones, but no doubt they are.

Lets hope who ever is doing these knows the legal nightmare he is getting him/herself into.

Looks like only the lever is cnc'd which is odd for deng but i suppose its cheaper to cast a cyclinder, hopefully all the bits will be interchangable with magura, it certianly looks like the clamps will be the same.

Personnaly i reckon this is a really good thing that some one is looking as maguras nd trying to improve them, the lever certainly looks like it will be stronger and the lack of tpa is nice.

foxshit2.jpg

That looks like a magura lever with the new hope blade on.

Looks nice. Though i think it will be abit, untill they actually go into production.

Edit: As far as copywright goes. I don't think deng, will get done for making these. To me its only like what rb did isnt it?

Matt Rushton

Edited by matt rushton

foxshit2.jpg

That looks like a magura lever with the new hope blade on.

Looks nice. Though i think it will be abit, untill they actually go into production.

Edit: As far as copywright goes. I don't think deng, will get done for making these. To me its only like what rb did isnt it?

Matt Rushton

It's the pistons he'll get in trouble for, not the lever body/blade.