Apparantly New Echo Brakes - Seen On Otn

ben_travis

whats the reasoning behind that?

being counter culture is cool, lets go backwards, itll make us look cool i think is the idea, like wearing old skool shoes, riding steel frames, snes etc. dengs progression, and therefore isnt cool, or something like that :P

my whole status on whether you should have deng on your bike, its ur bike, fit it with what parts you want.

as for this whole idea of new rim brakes, can anyone say anything about the internals of them??

sod it, ill say it again

no hinged clamps!!!

why no hinged clamps ?

and deng rocks -

Is ther any need for a quick release brake? might make setup slightly easyer not to sure to be honest never been that much of a magura user.

You could make it work though without altering the mounting positions and it might look a bit tidyer. I used to have quick release bars on my old GasGas the bar clmaps were hinged which looked rather swish.

sod it, ill say it again

no hinged clamps!!!

why no hinged clamps ?

and deng rocks -

Poopipe know's were it's at.

But I do think deng or zhi or whatever is taking a huge risk againest magura.Just think,If magura completely sue's deng for coping desgin and the cylinder's.....They wont be no Echo,Zoo!,Czar,Adamant and Gu.Meh I could be totallly wrong but was just saying...What would happen to the trial's world if it did happen?

But I do think deng or zhi or whatever is taking a huge risk againest magura.Just think,If magura completely sue's deng for coping desgin and the cylinder's.....They wont be no Echo,Zoo!,Czar,Adamant and Gu.Meh I could be totallly wrong but was just saying...What would happen to the trial's world if it did happen?

It would never get that far, If it's not legal then Magura will have taken action already only if Zhi/Echo sell these brakes illegally can Magura then sue which I very much doubt Zhi/Echo will do.

The reason Zhi might be so pissed these have been leaked is beacuse he dosn't have permision to sell yet ;)

Still this is all very intresting though, not that i'm a maggy user but it's very good to see some big developments.

Why am I still awake?? :ermm:

OT:

on the subject of maguras wtf is the point of the [post=http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/images/large_maguraclip.jpg]cylinder washer they piss me off so much it's unreal! why don't they make the cylinder flush against the mounts and put small rings of ruber around the caliper/inside the mounts? would be so much easier! what are they for? if it's to stop the magy moving around in the mounts then why not do something like i sugested? grrr :angry:

also whats with the deng-hating? i don't have a problem with his parts(most of my bikes deng), they've lasted longer than my other brand parts there cheaper than monty/koxx, the anodising/several different brands may have gone a bit far but it's more choice and it makes other brands bring out more products. meh i'm probably to newschool to have a good arguament but i've seen all of the deng stuff outlast other brands

rant over

do we have any idea of cost/compatibility? (me being poor alot of the time i'd end up getting the lever one month calipers the next :lol: ) and any chance of a deng disk brake? (with anodised/branded bore caps B) that would be so cool)

Magura hold in excess of 300 patents, many of them concerning hydraulic rim brakes. We have a project under development for over a year now but not ready yet to reveal any details. Suffice it to say that these brakes appear to be a straight rip off of Maguras, which any of us could have done, so I hope that he has checked very carefully Magura's patents, otherwise he could be in deep trouble.

on the subject of maguras wtf is the point of the [post=http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/images/large_maguraclip.jpg]cylinder washer they piss me off so much it's unreal! why don't they make the cylinder flush against the mounts and put small rings of ruber around the caliper/inside the mounts? would be so much easier! what are they for? if it's to stop the magy moving around in the mounts then why not do something like i sugested? grrr :angry:

They are there because otherwise you would only be able to adjust the slaves in and out, but not the angle of the pads on the rim. So unless your mounts and rim were perfectly parallel you wouldn't be able to set the break up properly.

I hope the breaks can get around copyright. Magura really need something to give them a kick in the arse to sort out there design.

They are there because otherwise you would only be able to adjust the slaves in and out, but not the angle of the pads on the rim. So unless your mounts and rim were perfectly parallel you wouldn't be able to set the break up properly.

yeh but you don't want to angle the pads on the rim! if you could only rotate the pads, move them in out/up+down then you'd end up with pads hitting the rim square on + wearing down flat so you don't waste pad and get maximum performance out of them right from the word go.

yeh but you don't want to angle the pads on the rim! if you could only rotate the pads, move them in out/up+down then you'd end up with pads hitting the rim square on + wearing down flat so you don't waste pad and get maximum performance out of them right from the word go.

Yes but most frames arn't straight and thus require you to angle the brake so that the pad is hitting square.