Style43.com - Karl Poynter + Bram Verhallen Interviews

Mark W

Hey all,

Not my site but one I'm going to be involved in, Style43. Only just been born today, but there's a load of articles they're waiting to go live including one by me, so check out the site now and let me know about any bugs I can pass on to the web tech guy. I know there are a few spelling mistakes 'n' stuff, but meh.

Enjoy?

In the article where it starts with ''so you've gotten loads of cash from you're relatives'' or something like that, theres a link to the artists myspace page. the link is wrong, it links to a style 43 blank page sorta thing.

I saw that bunnies thing at brixton station on saturday, f**king impressive stuff, i'd love to try something like that.

you're a writer then Mark?

Edited by Joe_Elding

Yeah if you have got a few spare, or enough to send some my way i can get some around p'borough as there are a lot of bands that play there (many at a place called the Met Lounge). And i can some around the local spots for bmxers and the likes (Y)

That is my "I've had 3 hours sleep and I've been asked to do a Myspace style self portrait" face :P

I'll try and gather some stickers together for you guys then, if you PM me your addresses I'll have them sent off when I get hold of some.

Oh, and my first set of pictures & squiggles is up, get on it!

Edit: Just to let everyone who's PM'd me know, I've had your addresses 'n' stuff but I won't be able to send anything off 'til the 8th of January, when I'm in London again. So yeah, thanks for the interest, just bear with me :)

mike180barsdz2.jpg

click it!

• 2 weeks later...
has anyone ridden it? whats is it like?

bikes allowed?

chris

You're on about the 'skate park' they're all riding in?

If so, yes, people ride it all the time, it's pretty decent if you're decent, nothing for noobs like me though.

SouthBank skatepark btw.

Edited by Fat Pants

• 3 weeks later...

Plenty of stuff to do if you're new to riding at Southbank, I've seen people go from total beginners to being able to do stalls and spins on there. It's not too bad, just get into a session and it's fine (Y) Plus it's not really a skatepark...

VillageIdiot, if you're on about the skate plaza, I've had a look around and it looks amazing, and I know a couple of people who've ridden there and apparently it's pretty rad. It's technically skate only, but word's seeping through it's possibly gonna be open to BMXers too.

WhatYaLookinAt DVD review coming soon, and a ridiculously big interview I can't believe we got is going to be up on there in about 2 1/2 weeks or so. Can't say anything more about it now, other than when I found out who it was and that I was doing the interview, it made me shout "f**king hellfire" at Newport skatepark...

My signature may appeal to some of you. New shit up on the site every day too, so keep checking back. New competition going up soon too, I believe...

:o that William thingy, that was f**king amazing, i've never seen anything like it. Most of it made me laugh too, funny and f**king skillful!

Sites looking good.

The vid of that lil Asian girl was immense, we should get her going some trials on it. (isn't insain spelt insane?)

How the f**k did she balance after that mass sesh of spinning?

The guy that edits the website is called James Smith I clashed into him the other night wilst riding and he explained for about 30 minutes all that hes trying to get into this website and the people hes working with and with the sponsors and contacts hes got I feel very convinced that this website is going to be big. I got a woad of stickers from him so i guess I will be putting them around my area to help out on the website.

Cool website and Youtube clips(that Asian girl on the unicycle was jaw-dropping). Personally, i hope this website covers a wider range on the urban theme. id like to see some coverage of original Parkour, mtb street, mtb trials, and any other extreme skills, or disciplines, us urbanites do on the streets. Fat chance that will happen..

To be honest, it really is a case of it being a "fat chance that will happen", simply because that's not what the majority of people on the site are into. Equally, the sponsors of the site sponsor it because of what it is now, and what the aims of the site are, so changing them fully would be a bit sketch. Either way, it's got a clear aim, and it's working OK with that. The thing with trials is that there isn't the same sort of constant flow of news as there is with BMX, there aren't the same amount of big rides that happen, there aren't the same sort of personalities, there isn't the same sort of individuality - it's just not as suitable for daily news articles as BMX, skating and similar are. The main reason though is just that it's James' site, and he's made it to cover what he likes, and what he could get people to cover.

Cheers for all the comments from everyone though. Big new update going up either late tomorrow night or Wednesday daytime, depending when I edit this batch of pics...

If you want any of the Style43 t-shirts, you can get them direct from me now too, which is pretty nice. As usual, stickers are also available.

• 1 month later...