Asbo's

gianttrials

hi there people,

just wondering if anyone has been given an ASBO for street riding?

not saying any names but i know of someone who's waiting for 1 to arrive through the post for riding on a bench.

what do you all think of that? personally i think it's pathetic. any opinions/comments are much appreciated.

gianttrials :rolleyes:

the copper cautioned him for criminal damage and then said she was going to give him an ASBO and send a letter to his parents, the police round my way are useless/pointless anyway and it probably won't happen, but still it kinda takes the piss if there going around and saying these things.

i don't know what will happen but it's not good!!!

the copper cautioned him for criminal damage and then said she was going to give him an ASBO and send a letter to his parents, the police round my way are useless/pointless anyway and it probably won't happen, but still it kinda takes the piss if there going around and saying these things.

i don't know what will happen but it's not good!!!

Empty threat. (Y)

Half of NMC should have ASBO's for their spelling, grammar and point of posts.

No, nobody has one for riding a bike. People get them for being offensive neighbours and terrorist children that burn cars... Not riding bikes.

i read on a website that they gave someone an ASBO for riding a bike but it didn't specify anything about it.

Empty threat. (Y)

JT! your probably right

personaly i think they would not give out asbo's just because we are riding on things that we are not ment to.ASBO's are more for people that cause criminal damage to property, constantly in fights and being neighbours from hell basically (Y) "I think"

Edited by powerz

What bullshit

asbo's arent like a bank statment they dont just post it to you!

theres extensive court procedures..... someone i know i got one

of like 33 charges including assulting a police officer so i doubt it highly!

They actually do just post them to you or you can pick it up at a police station, a mate got one for riding his pit bike in the local woods they just handed him a leter when he went into the police station and it was an asbo >_<

I've had 2 warning letters and they've never gone through with them, just ignore it

Edited by Gavyn L

No, nobody has one for riding a bike. People get them for being offensive neighbours and terrorist children that burn cars... Not riding bikes.

thats not really true, we werent riding bikes we were haveing a game off manhunt years ago and the police speed in in vans and chased us. we got cought later that night and were told that if we were cought in that area in the next 24 hours we would be detained and given the asbo equvilant for the time.

I agree with you there mike.

Andy

Aside from the fact that you quoted the wrong person?

As far as the thread goes, all you guys must live in riding spots from hell, because in my year of riding ive only ever had one episode (if you can call it that) with a police woman, she just told us to move along :)

thanks for all the feedback guys, it's useful to know that this has happened to other people (not good though, and very pathetic),

they should all just give us a break because were not hurting anyone.

ben g

well you say that we are not hurting anyone, but........ i was riding the other day and decided to hop on someones head, but as im not very smooth i broke there neck and they died. I got six asbos for that ride lol and charge of manslaughter (Y)

sory for such a childish moment jus thought i would add some humour to the thread..... sorry lol

I used to have an ASBO warning, but this expired in October. I was informed by the policeman that another warning would constitute an actual ASBO, although i have reasons to believe it was an empty threat.

Firstly, it was during freshers week and on my first ride, so i think they were distributing these warnings accordingly to sort of 'lay down any rules' but in the shape of an ASBO for impact. Also, on approach the policeman seemed pretty sound about the whole procedure and sort of outlined what we couldn't get away with.

However, i didn't push this theory at all and i guess it worked because i did behave (although i would have done anyway!) <_<

Do you know what get's on my tits.

I have a bunch of twats stood a few steps away from my house everynight from around 5-12, screaming shouting, breaking into cars, drinking, drug taking.

Yet NOTHING happens to them.

We call the police they come and "Move them on" and there back in ten minites.

It's pathetic.

If you do get this asbo I'll be hihgly anoyyed.

See you in bristol bud.

x

Aside from the fact that you quoted the wrong person?

As far as the thread goes, all you guys must live in riding spots from hell, because in my year of riding ive only ever had one episode (if you can call it that) with a police woman, she just told us to move along :)

(Y) . Thats right Nath.

There very laid back around here.

Dan.........