New Products From Onza

BikeDotStuffAtOnzaDotCom

:blink:

My try-all one was £35!

My pink Barbie wheel was £1 from pound land.

You pay for what you get, and with this Onza rim you pay for the quality and the time put into making these rims. I'm sure if they could do them cheaper they would especially as we all know Onza aren't a rip off.

Unless you buy a £35 rim and pay somebody £5 an hour for 10 hours to file every hole square, I know after doing it myself, I'd much rather pay an extra £40 for it to be done properly without my wrist snapping off.

Although I'm not too sure eyelets are necessary, sure it's not a bad thing, but if your going for a lightweight rim, I don't think they're necessary.

Eyelets were put on there because if you are going to be spending that sort of money on the rim you don't want to wreck it by have something as small as having a spoke rip through. But we may bring out an Un-eyeletted version later for those super weight weenies (may be quite a while though).

Edited by Joe@Onza

The main reason we went for eyelets was an engineering reason again. Joe will post pictures later of the rim and as you will see the distance from the edge of one square hole to the next is approx. 15mm. That means that the spoke hole has to fit in a strip of thin alloy 15mm x 30mm.. We therefore felt it prudent initially to use eyelets. As Joe said, we may introduce it without eyelets at a later stage but we will review the situation when there are a lot more out there in use and we have more feedback.

ONZA 2009 20” MODEL RANGE

Welcome to the new 2009 Onza 20” wheel Trials bicycles. The first ever unified range that we have produced with a frame and fork design which runs through from the budget models to the top competition cycles. Using the wealth of experience gained from our team of both competition and street riders, we have put together this collection of cycles which will give even the beginner a head start in Bicycle Trials. Carefully selected colours of frames and parts gives a professional feel and co-ordinates the range from top to bottom.

Onza Rip £299.95

The opening model in our range, low on price but high in street cred. Top quality tig welded alloy frame, 20” alloy wheels and the geometry of a true pro bike.

Onza Bird £339.95.

This model gets the 19” rear wheel and a quality front cable operated disc brake. Top this off with Maxxis Creepy Crawler tyres and you have a bike that can handle the competition circuit or the streets with equal ease.

Onza Pro £439.95

The first true competion model in the range with a new super light U6 alloy frame incorporating Onza's patented CNC dropouts with chain tensioners. Our first double disc Mod bike has a front freewheeling system carrying the legendary Tensile freewheel up front.

Onza Blade £499.95

This model has a Magura HS33 rear brake to complement the front cable operated disc brake. Our unique side drilled front rim gives it a real competition feel.

Onza Comp £549.95

This bicycle tops out the range and is fitted with a full set of Magura HS33. Like the rest of the range the colour co ordinated handlebars have Onza Porcipaw clear grips to show the bar colour through.

Range Overview.

All frames and forks have new Onza competion geometry.

All models are fitted with Onza Kool Chains, new Onza one piece double cage pedals and Onza Clear Porcipaw grips.

All models from Bird up carry Maxxis Creepy Crawler Tyres.

All models from Pro up have U6 alloy frame and carry Tensile Freewheel and Onza Pro cranks.

Edited by Joe@Onza

Nice one :) Good prices too!

Geo/Weights :$ ?

I've never been sure of the geo of the Onza range, so would be good to know.

Very similar to the T-Pro.

As for weights I can only quote the frames for now. Rip and Bird Approx 1.9KG Pro,Blade,Comp Approx 1.65KG.

Will the 2008-09 range of Onza products be available for close up view at the Cycle Show/london Earls Court later this year? stamped rims look nice (Y)

Yes, As always we will be at the London Show doing a for the crowds. The new Pro Series Range and 09' Range will be available to be veiwed.

An afforable Double Disk Bike :o good stuff and glad to see you no longer use acs freewheels i remmber being pretty bumed that i had just spent £450 on a t-pro then having to replace the freewheel as they last around a week but the new range looks good. :)

Onza Pro Series Front square hole side drilled Rim 32 hole only 20" £37.99 (Weight 379g)

Onza Pro Series Front square hole side drilled Rim 32 hole only 26" £39.99 (Weight 558g)

Onza Pro Series CNC Rear Rim square hole 32 hole only 19" £74.99 (Weight Just 435g)

Onza Pro Series CNC Rear Rim square hole 32 hole only 26" £79.99 (Weight Just 625g)

Alex what rims are lighter? Apart from DOB.

Neon weights from Trials-uk.

Rear Neon 19": 395g (£25.00)

Rear Neon 26": 622g (£25.00)

Weights from Tartbikes.

Rear Monty 19": 427g (£28.00)

Trialtech square-holed front 26": 549g.(£39.00)

And obviously all the Dob rims are lighter as well.

Edited by Alex-Mitchinson

Neon weights from Trials-uk.

Rear Neon 19": 395g (£25.00)

Weights from Tartbikes.

Rear Monty 19": 427g (£28.00)

Trialtech square-holed front 26": 549g .(£39.00)

And obviously all the Dob rims are lighter as well.

Not arguing with you dude, Just putting the facts out.

Rear Monty 19": 427g (£28.00) 42mm not 49mm like the Onza.

Trialtech square-holed front 26": 549g .(£39.00) Not sure how that it is that weight when its the same rim where as the Onza one is side drilled which should make up for it being un-eyeletted. Also Same price.

Rear Neon 19": 395g (£25.00) Again both of these are 42mm not 49mm.

If you imagine a rim that was 7mm in width then thats what is on ours extra to these rims you have quoted. sorry if that does not make clear sense.

Cheers

Why do they need to be 49mm? I've got a Monty TI and it's width has never been a problem. A wider rim than most on the market can only cause more problems if you ask me, with brake set-up etc.

Can i also ask the onza guys,: Why have you gone to 49mm wide for the rear rims? is there realy a need for them to be 2mm wider than the current hog rims as it is hard enough for people to set thier brakes up in frames with 47mm wide rims?

And yes i know they "could" run tensile mounts to be able to push the brake out further, but then you either hit the cylinders with the cranks OR you pads hit the inside of the frame and you can not move the cylinders out further.

Adam

Quoted from the last page.

Adam