New Products From Onza

BikeDotStuffAtOnzaDotCom

In answer to the comment that we are slow on the uptake, our coloured rims have been available now for over a year and have been sold in Russia and other markets. The fact that they have not come to the UK is because of the changes in our UK distribution. The UK importer that we appointed is new to Trials and we have to introduce products to them gradually.

Does that mean that there are other products out in russia at the moment but not here?

If so, what are they> (if you dont mind telling)

Its Just different colors in various components. Mainly rims, but give it time and they will hit the market here when things have settled with Moore Large.

It'd be wicked if the frames started to come out in more interesting colours/paintjobs. For some reason when I think Onza, I think carky green t-pro frame an I wouldn't say that's a good thing. Koxx paintjobs always look mint, I know Koxx charge 4 times as much as Onza and a paintjob doesn't affect the ride of a bike but it makes a massive difference when I pick a frame. Sorry I'm just being picky.

i thought onza was a british company :S

We are, But when you get someone in a different country that wants to sell your brand then as long as they order substantial amount then you give them sole distribution to their country. This allows them to bring different colors out etc, But they can't change the product in a sense of Geo etc .

As for the colour comment, When you produce thousand of something then you have to make sure its quite a neutral colour so it optimise's sales. But in all honesty, If you look back over the past 6 years of bikes there is not many we haven't already tried. Remember that colours come in and out of fashion.

Edited by Joe@Onza

I know you have to make neutral coloured frames, but pehaps one that looks less like a babies first poo would be better?

I like the blue you put on the t-comp, also the lighter of the t-vee or t-bird.

Look at koxx and the deng companies. It seems silver, black or white are the colours to go for really.

I know you have to make neutral coloured frames, but pehaps one that looks less like a babies first poo would be better?

I like the blue you put on the t-comp, also the lighter of the t-vee or t-bird.

Look at koxx and the deng companies. It seems silver, black or white are the colours to go for really.

Point taken, Nobody likes baby poo. New 26" are coming in Black,White, Matt blood red, and ?? (Blue I think)

As Joe said we now have official distributors in 19 different countries around the world. We offer a range of products in a range of colours. Some distributors pick the colours, some don't. We have given them distribution contracts and cannot force them to have every single item in every single colour.

I would be quite happy to add Orange to the range of colours available in rims but I cannot force the UK distributor or any other distributor to stock them.

In answer to the comment that we are slow on the uptake, our coloured rims have been available now for over a year and have been sold in Russia and other markets. The fact that they have not come to the UK is because of the changes in our UK distribution. The UK importer that we appointed is new to Trials and we have to introduce products to them gradually.

If you want to introduce a child to water, he'll learn faster if you throw him in the sea.

I think you should do the same with the UK distributor.

:)

Remember that colours come in and out of fashion.

So does geometry though. Half the people on this forum change their frame every year (or more) anyway, for no real reason other than they fancy a change.

Good colours are good. Bad colours are bad. The T-Rex, Zoot, T-Pro are all bad colours. Fact!

Thats fair enough.

I dont understand this distrubutor thing though, if your a UK based company why cant you distribute your stuff?

Ok here is a simple way to put it, We think our time and effort is better kept for producing and developing Onza, Rather than being the sales hub for Onza (Our days are not held up with mass amount of phone calls regarding orders)

Also, We are a bike company, and will never employ 17 reps to go up and down the country pushing our product like our distributor does. Its a very positive thing for Onza what we did.

So does geometry though. Half the people on this forum change their frame every year (or more) anyway, for no real reason other than they fancy a change.

Good colours are good. Bad colours are bad. The T-Rex, Zoot, T-Pro are all bad colours. Fact!

Point taken, Although in our defence, They were all chosen 3 years ago. But you cant argue the T-pros colour affected its sales as it has been possibly the best seller since its release.We shall have to be more fruitful when deciding colours next time hey. ;)

If you want to introduce a child to water, he'll learn faster if you throw him in the sea.

I think you should do the same with the UK distributor.

:)

Also children can drown, If thats how your gonna get your baby to swim then let me know how it goes. :ermm:

Just messing with you' :P

Oh right, I wasn't being condesending, I have no idea how to run a business haha!

I still think had you brought out the coloured rims out earlier, you might have caught onto the trend.

Also babies can swim underwater quite happily!

Trust you

i was gonna say i was lookin throught the moore large catalogue at work the other day and i swear it didnt include all the things that onza/tensile produce/sell. do you know if moore large is erxpending the product range for 08???

The problem we had then was that they took Onza on about a month before their catalogue was printed, So there was a mad rush to get it in there. Lots of mistakes we made like it was classed in the BMX section etc but it should all change for the 08' one were I personally will be helping them produce the Onza pages.

i was gonna say i was lookin throught the moore large catalogue at work the other day and i swear it didnt include all the things that onza/tensile produce/sell. do you know if moore large is erxpending the product range for 08???

im sure moorlarge dont deal with tensile, just onza?

Do you have new T-Pro Hubs. The current ones suck.

The hubs themselves are fine except we have had a few occurrences of the bolts stretching which has now hopefully been solved. Stock levels are at an all time low now until late September when a container arrives.

The T-Pro hubs are OK. I have had no problems with mine, although it does tighten itself up over time.

My brother has the T-Master, which for some reason is supplied with shite bolts that just snap straight away.