New Products From Onza

BikeDotStuffAtOnzaDotCom

The T-Pro hubs are OK. I have had no problems with mine, although it does tighten itself up over time.

My brother has the T-Master, which for some reason is supplied with shite bolts that just snap straight away.

How many more time am I going to read that you've broken two bolts?

I swear to f**k you'd think it was serious mechanical failure that had happened the way you keep bringing it up.

How many more time am I going to read that you've broken two bolts?

I swear to f**k you'd think it was serious mechanical failure that had happened the way you keep bringing it up.

Well actually, yes, in my opinion, it is a serious mechaincal failure. First time out on a new bike and the bolt snaps inside the hub, Call me Mr Picky but I'm guessing that shouldn't be happening. I would put it down to a duff bolt but not both bolts at once on a one foot drop off.

So actually, I would rather that it didn't come with shit bolts, and that they didn't both snap flush with the surface of the hub. Luckily I got them out by wacking the other side of the axle in the vice with soft grips on and tapping it round with a hammer and a centre punch.

But yes, a serious mechanical failure.

OK I have mentioned it before so I'll stop now. They are absolutley mint hubs which are only let down by the bolts they are supplied with, if people see this and read it then they will know to replace the bolts before they snap.

OK I have mentioned it before so I'll stop now. They are absolutley mint hubs which are only let down by the bolts they are supplied with, if people see this and read it then they will know to replace the bolts before they snap.

They'll replace them just because you dont recomend them ? are you god ?

Adam

• 2 weeks later...
Its a 15quid hub its not going to be as good as a profile or something you cant expect much more from them hubs for the price they are.

But on a starter bike, Charlie was only starting out and not doing any massive riding for his T-Pro hub to break on him.

To be quite honest, if its a hub on a starter bike it needs to be good enough for a rider who is just starting trials.

but it should all change for the 08' one were I personally will be helping them produce the Onza pages.

Will there be more Onza items available in the newer catalogue?, and I don't suppose you will know when the 08 catalogues will be made?

Edited by thutley

My T-Pro hub is over 1 year old and they are mint! You have to lamp the cones up against the lock ring to stop them tightening up in my experience but just keep an eye on them and rebuild them every couple of months and they just keep going!

But just because your hub is good doesn't mean everyones T-Pro hub is going to be good.

How long was you riding for T-Pro frame for Muel before you cracked it?

Then compare it with how long other T-Pro riders have been riding their bike without cracking it.

But most people have never heard of serviceing there bikes, if you keep the hubs serviced then they will last a while. As for the frames they are one of the nicest riding frames around but yes maybe they should be tweaked to stop cracking.

But most people have never heard of serviceing there bikes, if you keep the hubs serviced then they will last a while. As for the frames they are one of the nicest riding frames around but yes maybe they should be tweaked to stop cracking.

They have. It isn't fully welded on the gusset under the down tube any more, its the same gusset, just open at the end.

Everyone hates Onzas, but if you look after them they can be very good bikes, at very low prices.

Haha, compared to the 2000-2002 era, people f**king love Onza now. I'm still amazed at how well Mike has managed to turn around the brand, it's pretty incredible.

Fun Fact: I'm still using a late year 2000 T-Master hub on the back of my bike. Original bearings 'n' all. Slightly haggard now, but it still spins so I'm happy.

EDIT: Oh, and the original T-Master front hub is still the nicest looking hub I've ever seen. No joke. Got one in my toolbox I'm almost tempted to try and run on my BMX and kill myself with :P

Haha, compared to the 2000-2002 era, people f**king love Onza now. I'm still amazed at how well Mike has managed to turn around the brand, it's pretty incredible.

Fun Fact: I'm still using a late year 2000 T-Master hub on the back of my bike. Original bearings 'n' all. Slightly haggard now, but it still spins so I'm happy.

EDIT: Oh, and the original T-Master front hub is still the nicest looking hub I've ever seen. No joke. Got one in my toolbox I'm almost tempted to try and run on my BMX and kill myself with :P

Exactly, and when your 7 year old hub packs in, you can just buy a new one for £35. I can only see the bearings wearing out anyway, how else are they going to get damaged, apart from pulling threads due to over tightening, which can be avoided by fitting longer bolts.

If I wasn't going to a rear disc, I would get a T-Master for the back. I have a T-Master on the front now.

I rode a tpro standard for 6months+ without the hub breaking.

Wow. What an achievement! :lol:

The hubs themselves are fine except we have had a few occurrences of the bolts stretching which has now hopefully been solved. Stock levels are at an all time low now until late September when a container arrives.

When was this solved?? :S

I did try to email you. sent it around 4 times then gave up and tried to fix it. :lol: I'll never buy an onza with those hubs again.

1st pic: What happened to my hub on T-Pro 07 after 2-3 months.

2nd pic: What happened after attempting to fix the hub.

post-14884-1188153855_thumb.jpg

post-14884-1188153959_thumb.jpg

Edited by cjskate

That wheel needs trueing Throwing

I have some tips for you:

1. Dont buy/use Onza hubs.

2. Dont try to attempt to fix hubs with a hammer.

Its a 15quid hub its not going to be as good as a profile or something you cant expect much more from them hubs for the price they are.

If a T-Pro is a £400 bike. why dont they have better hubs than £15 ones?

Edited by cjskate

Those hubs are fine! They need regreasing often and setting up properly that is all!

Do the maths, if you had to budget building a £400 bike, you need £15 hubs.

Because if they did that with every part then they wouldnt make any money. The hubs are fine if serviced and looked after. 400quid for a trials bike is pritty cheap, its a unsealed hub if you just leave it and never look after it then it will chew itself to death.

Edited by basher

Because if they did that with every part then they wouldnt make any money, try making . The hubs are fine if serviced and looked after. 400quid for a trials bike is pritty cheap, its a unsealed hub if you just leave it and never look after it then it will chew itself to death.

Agreed, you need to strip it down every 2 months and check the grease. In summer I rarely change it but in winter its every 6-8 weeks. And pack as much grease in as you can, tighten the cones and lockrings up against each other as tight as you can to stop them tightening up or loosening the tension on the bearings.

Who says they need rebuilding? They're quality. I'm reusing a knackered one after my other hub snapped, and last night, I heard the funkiest noises evar. High pitched squealing noises coming from the hub and it slowly got tighter and tighter until it fully jammed and didn't move - until I forced to turn again by pushing down on the pedals a fair amount. Then it stopped squealing and is the best running it has been since February last year! Now, if a hub that can fix itself is shit, I want the hub your running! :P