Apple's Iphone Pictures.

Joel

Have you watched the keynote?

In market potential, this is the biggest thing apple have ever released... bigger than the ipod.

The multi display looks awsome,

It can work out weather its portratir or landscape or up to your ear.

It has google maps

It has safari with pseudo tabbed browsing

I'm watching the keynote now, and I'll be buggered at work tomorrow, but it's worth it. This phone just blows everything else out the water. Remember MP3 players before the iPod, it's the same step forward.

I'm using a phone now with a QWERTY keyboard, full net access, yadda yadda. It's great, but it's a complete shit to use sometimes. I don't think anyone has picked up my phone and worked out how to make a call. The iPhone answers all the problems I have and so much more.

This will bring the mobile Internet to the masses. Blackberrys have only really made an impact in the business world, and few folk like me and Badboy have reasonable Internet access, but this will give everyone anywhere the chance to post to TF, get push email, everything.

Tomorrow morning - if not as we speak - the board rooms of Nokia, Siemens, RIM and Motorola will be a buzz. This phone has a crazy form factor, it's so thin, good claimed battery life. These will be the hot ticket, have no doubt.

With things like visual voicemail, I suspect a single network will carry the iPhone, at least initally. Expect a lot of people to change network to get it. It will be hot, especially for geeks discovering a true mobile net experience. I know it's already had a big impact in the way I use my phone. I feel like I'm using an early version of the concept. Kinda bulky, kinda buggy, webpages don't work properly, odd shortcuts. iPhone is what it should be, all joined up.

The expected Europe or UK release is Christmas (Q4) 07... :( That said, Pete Wright already has two he's testing.

Yoink, I'll be getting one of those in a years time to replace my 4 gig nano and (comparitively) craptacular phone :)

It's insane the amount of technology that's in there. The only thing that's annoying is that Apple probably have the next 10 future designs of the iPhone, each with more mind-blowing features than the last. This will be huge.

Although I'd like to know the stand-by time of the phone, Apple said about video and music play-back battery life but seem to have forgotten people also want a phone out of this one! Anyone know if they co-worked with a company for the camera on the phone?

I love the look of it and, as a Mac user myself, I know I would get on with it. However, we have at least 11 months to go until it gets over here. We all know how fast technology goes so I wouldn't be supprised if things change for the better over the next year. Those who are interested should probably keep your eyes on the spec etc, it will most likely get better and, hopefully, the price should either stay the same, or get cheaper... perhaps?

JJ.

I'm guessing it'll have some form of PDA function too, but I'm not completely sure it'll be enough for me. I need applications that run on Palm or Windows PDAs. Here's hoping that this can run those apps, if so then I will be completely sold.

Im sold, It is amazing i was just amazed at how much stuff they cramed into it and there is me thinking a phone nowa days with a 4gb memory buiolt in was amazing..TSK TSK! This is beasty, But as sombody already said whats the Talk time and standby time going to be like? Better be good.!

Im sold, It is amazing i was just amazed at how much stuff they cramed into it and there is me thinking a phone nowa days with a 4gb memory buiolt in was amazing..TSK TSK! This is beasty, But as sombody already said whats the Talk time and standby time going to be like? Better be good.!

Talk time 5 hours apparently. Standby, not sure, I'm sure you can google though. I heard rumours that there were two batteries (one for phone function, one for MP3) but that seems silly to me.

Well that's basically a PDA without a hardware keyboard. I really wonder if the touch screen is good enough, I mean this thing has a full qwerty soft keyboard, my device has a larger screen and yet without a stylus it's impossible to hit the correct key. I'd rather stick to a Windows based device. The thing is that it's hard to get hold of compatible programs after a new system is released. It's been a good 10 months since WM5 was released and yet I can't find any proper apps for it.

Price is good though (Y)

Looks interesting.

I'll never buy one, as I dont ned a phone that does any of that, but from a technology and innovation point of view, its might impressive. I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the multi-touch aspect of it? The rest of it is just nice gadgets, but multi-touch, thats a real first.

The apps side of thigs will be interesting, running proper OSX rather than a cut down version will make things easier, but i guess you've still gotta get specific apps written for it.

Anyone who hasn't watched it, watch the key note if you cope with the america speil and brainwashing that is, there are some crazy features to the iPhone.

Ok so today they we were sat in the common room and Radio 1 announced that Apple don't own the rights to the name 'iPhone' as Sisco Systems (i think) brought it a while ago and own the rights of anything to do with the name. It's probablyld news, or incorrect, so can anyone confirm this?

Ok so today they we were sat in the common room and Radio 1 announced that Apple don't own the rights to the name 'iPhone' as Sisco Systems (i think) brought it a while ago and own the rights of anything to do with the name. It's probablyld news, or incorrect, so can anyone confirm this?

Apparently it's Linksys, a company owned by Cisco (info) who have planned the iPhone.

A little bit of info I found abot it is here.

According to this site:

Cisco told MarketWatch that they’ve been in “extensive discussions” with Apple recently and “it is our belief that Apple intends to agree to the final document. We expect to receive a signed agreement today (Tuesday).”

It seems a little stupid for them to launch it without checking ownership rights, so obv they did it knowingly, so something's going on...

Just watching the keynote right now. It looks good in the pics and stuff, but seriously, take the time to watch this!

This thing really is very very good. Ive never liked iPods, yes there easy to use, yes there popular, but apple achieved this through clever marketting and actually took a long time to get the iPod as good as its competition (IMO). This thing, this is in a totally new league. Not only is it a really very good mobile media player, its the most featureful phone ive seen, and the internet facilities are amazing. The ability to browse pics, email the and the net WHILE TALKING on the phone is the craziest thing ive ever seen!

There are only two issues that may discourage me from getting one when i upgrade my phone (if i can afford it). One: Battery doesnt appear to be removeable, are we going to see repeats of the old iPods? Two: iTunes, i still don't like iTunes, but i think i could live with it for this.

I am truly impressed.

can sync ipods with media player afaik? or maybe not, i dunno. my wmp used to try to f**k with my ipod, but i got along with itunes so i was fine.

also, back when the first ipod was released, it was the only player with a half decent screen and menu system. i remember seeing all the other players (like the creative jukebox?) back when the 1g ipod was out, they all were silly with tiny screens and small buttons to navigate. i've always liked the ipod, and still do.