New Echo Brakes

Ben@LeicesterTrials

Its basically a CNC 06 Magura. I dont see a problem with this so long as my braided hosing works with it :P

It looks nice, at first glance, damn ugly, but its growing on me. So long as its performs as well as the Magura 06 then I have no problems using one, just needs to be reliable, and I can see if being slightly lighter as he has machined away parts off the lever that were not needed.

I think a V2 revision will be spot on, not as if magura got it right first time eh?

I am suprised there is no form of monty hose splitter built in, a way that distributes the fliud evenly to both slaves, this would be a nice feature. Also how long before anodized slaves, lever bodys and coloured hose are back?

Edited by Team War Rider

Some awesome new parts Deng is releasing there. From what i can see, they look well designed and well made. The brakes look cool and it will be good to see how these parts will hold up.

I bet the brake will cost a bomb if it comes with CNC lever blades and mounts, which i'm sure they will be :S ...

Cheers,

Joe.

Remeber the deng brakes are CNC in China not cast in Germany, so the cost should be lower.

I love it how the one of the few things that Onza/Tensile design themselves, they patent, but when the make other parts they see no problems in copying anyone elses hard work. Onza have probably copied something from a deng idea before.

Its basically a CNC 06 Magura. I dont see a problem with this so long as my braided hosing works with it :P

It kinda will, the actual hose will be able to be used, but you will definatly need a couple of new fittings, you'll need to replace the fittings on both ends of the long hose, with M6 fittings, basicaly so its a ultra long cross-over.

i think the usual procedure is to lick out doddys arse?

anyway, the brakes are nothing revolutionary, which is a shame, cos they really could of made something special, cos there is shitloads wrong with the current magura design, spose at least they will be made out of a proper metal? he should of gone the whole hog and produced a new mounting system too (the majority seem to ride his frames) reusing the 4 bolt system seems pretty silly-he hasnt really fixed what is severly broken :P

What?!

Ermm, isn't the bleed srew on the front of the lever? In what looks like the easiest place to reach.

Yes, just like I said, it's well easy to get to :-

Haha, my bad, was looking at the hose connection, which you don't have to remove to bleed, that does look like the bleed screw on the top of the main unit..... so well done.... you passed my test and spotted my entirely deliberate mistake...... ahem!

Davey

Yes, just like I said, it's well easy to get to :-

Haha, my bad, was looking at the hose connection, which you don't have to remove to bleed, that does look like the bleed screw on the top of the main unit..... so well done.... you passed my test and spotted my entirely deliberate mistake...... ahem!

Davey

Ha ha, i'm just glad i passed :D

I like the look of the slaves, they look like the clamping are has been spread out more for greater adjustability. However, i don't see how his lever is going to warrant me getting rid of my current RB lever. So i don't think i'll be getting one either way.

Is it just me or does the lever look really plain and boring on the front? I would like some kind of shape or even a logo or something to make it look a bit less "home-made".

Ha ha, i'm just glad i passed :D

I like the look of the slaves, they look like the clamping are has been spread out more for greater adjustability. However, i don't see how his lever is going to warrant me getting rid of my current RB lever. So i don't think i'll be getting one either way.

Is it just me or does the lever look really plain and boring on the front? I would like some kind of shape or even a logo or something to make it look a bit less "home-made".

are you using a full rb lever with cylinder and all or just a lever blade on a magura body?

Regardless I won't be changing mine either (Y) (full RB lever w/ cylinder, no leaks!)

The 20 spline BB tool type removal system is a Tensile owned EU Registered Design. We have already stopped other major companies using it in Europe. The actual importer will be the one who takes the risk in this case.

don't be such a bell end, just let deng sell it. your selling your freewheels without and problems, why not just open up another option as it is contributing to the sport

because onza/tensile/whatever may want to keep their r&d and ideas for themselves, and not give them away just because deng can use the internet. if everyone would do it, there would be no money put in to r&d, because all companies would just use each others ideas, and suddenly nobody would develop new products.

or something.

because onza/tensile/whatever may want to keep their r&d and ideas for themselves, and not give them away just because deng can use the internet. if everyone would do it, there would be no money put in to r&d, because all companies would just use each others ideas, and suddenly nobody would develop new products.

or something.

But its not really R&D is it? They've taken a standard bottom bracket tool fitting and applied it to something that ahppens to be the same size. Hardly a unique idea. I guess if deng really wants his freewheel sold he could just use an alternative fitting on his freewheel like one for a shimano bottom bracket or something.

Though i do think its a bit petty of onza to patent the use of someone elses design for bottom bracket tool on a freewheel. Its hardly like they thought of the fitment in the first place and they didn't invent freewheels, so if someone else had been so petty with either of them they'd be f***** because their product would break the copyright laws.

EDIT: Are they even allowed to stop people making these freewheels if they've already been made? I think the suntour ones also take this fitting, aswell as falcon freewheels and the Atom ones.

Edited by Krisboats

Loving the Engrish on that site. Ah, the internet...

Anyway, when Deng's ass produces a half decent V-brake someone gimme a shout. For now it looks like that brake is still gonna suffer the same problems as Maggies do.

Now if he'd made the hose thicker and/or stronger in some way, braided it, given it a splitter crossover wotsit, a new strong ass mounting system, a better hose/cylinder interface, the ability to bleed it with whatever the hell you want and a bombproof lever, I might be interested.

For now though, I'm sticking with cables.

It wouldn't have been rocket science to include the stuff I mentioned here, surely? OK, maybe taking a risk with a new mounting system seeing as all his frames would have to support it, but still...

EDIT: Just had a thought...no one's thought about developing a cable-operated maggy-style brake yet? Theoretically it's dead simple...

Edited by Jez

• 2 weeks later...
f**k that !

£300 for brake's which are essentially no differnt to those available for half the price?

I guess these will only be bought by those who want the hole lever blade, booster, clamps + pads, still a total rip-off IMO, I think i'll stick with the originals......

I'd love to know how deng justifies making these, let along selling them at that rate. I really can't get my head around it.

Seriously, who here will properly consider buying one? and out of the number, who will actually purchase one?