Football..

munkee

So it seems the stupidity of football has gone even further. David beckham has just signed a contract for half a million a week to play. When there are kids starving out there ( not because they are emo/scene/models/normal .. but because they are black) in africa and some nonce gets paid a wage like that. When will the insanity end.. how can football be classed as hard work / a skill? and the best part about it is.. strikers go out on the field and dont score when they get paid the most. Its supposed to be a job and they complain about training too much. If i were to be paid half the way some of them f**kers in premiership get id kick a sphere around for 18 hours a day everyday.

post-710-1168547614_thumb.jpg

Id turn gay if it ment i could divorce and have half of what he owns... i can but dream.

So bottom line.. player wages... do they take the piss? or do we pay for what we get?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/

ps: Can a mod/admin lower my warning to 60% so i can have another picture of keyras arse for a while? before you then re-warn me.

Edited by Spacemunkee

There's a market for it, so they can demand it. Besides keeping a player like Beckham is beneficial to a club in more ways financially, more than his "skill" level is to the team. They don't want to lose him to someone else - so are willing to pay. Besides the fact they deem him to be an asset to their team.

I see what you're saying, but it'll never stop unless legislation comes in. Should it? I'm not a big footballer having to handle mass media attention and playing in the world cup, so I can't tell you.

Thus why I think football is total bollocks.

Rugby players, get twatted most games, get paid not alot.

Football player, someone brushes against him, off for 6 weeks to recover, wtf is all that about.

Soft bastards.

I really do hate football, it's the worst sport ever, i'd rather watch bowls than football. Talk about over rated

Half a million a week!!!!! WOW guys were into the wrong sport here. lol. Thats madness he didn't play for months last season. Its a mad amount of money to make in a week though i mean doctors, nurses, police persons (political correctness), and people who preform vital jobs wont get that in 5 years some probably will never make that much surely they'll put a restriction on the wages soon?? Hes not even that good

yea but dont forget about the millions of people who go for broke or bust!

imagine if becham didnt make it he'd be working in mc donalds now!

like my mate hes comprimised his education to move to Ipswitch to play for them,

i think its too much but sooo many people try an fail! he made it big time most high

profile football player ever!

its stupid. very stupid. But ofcourse they want more. to be honest I think i do more work in a shop than he does, I've got to be multiskilled, and be able to cope with anything that happens. All he does is kick a ball around and hope he wins. If he doesn't oh well

stupid. utterly retarded.

I'm sure David Beckham works harder than most normal people. They do have pretty heavy training schedules, travel, sponsor duties etc etc. Obviously the amount he earns is not proportional to the amount of work he does, but it's not fair to say he does nothing for a living. Plus he's obviously a very talented guy. If it was that easy then we'd all be doing it.

It makes me laugh when people moan about how much footballers earn. And then a few seconds later they slag off people who moan about us riding trials. Very hypocritical. Oh well. Life ain't fair :P

I'm sure David Beckham works harder than most normal people. They do have pretty heavy training schedules, travel, sponsor duties etc etc. Obviously the amount he earns is not proportional to the amount of work he does, but it's not fair to say he does nothing for a living. Plus he's obviously a very talented guy. If it was that easy then we'd all be doing it.

It makes me laugh when people moan about how much footballers earn. And then a few seconds later they slag off people who moan about us riding trials. Very hypocritical. Oh well. Life ain't fair :P

For 99% of people.. trials is an unpaid sport though..

the thing that annoys me is they get paid no matter how they perform (as far as i'm aware). most recent example would be the liverpool arsenal game the other day. 3 - 6?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? they shouldn't play ANY of the players after a game like that!

now yes, arsenal won and scored loads of goals, but if your scoring 6, you shouldn't be letting in 3 at the other end too! abismal performance, and an embarrassment to the game.

agreed, footballers wages are absolutely appauling. I mean, we have NHS cutbacks and wards closing down, which could probably survive on half a players weekly wages for the same period of time. teams should be FORCED to cut players wages and do something more useful with the money if they're gonna throw it around like that. I mean, what the hell do you spend +£50,000 a week on? (average wage for the top four teams i think). also, performance related pay should be implimented, like piece work. not just on wins, but how well you played to your potential.

and a good point was made above, these guys are entertainers. firemen and policemen (and women) put their lives (and that of their family) on the line to save other people and protect what good is left in this country. and they get a salary half that of some footballers weekly wage. absolutely ridiculous

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, this country is just generally twisted no matter what area you look in. Emigrating becomes more appealing by the day

smithy

So it seems the stupidity of football has gone even further. David beckham has just signed a contract for half a million a week to play. When there are kids starving out there ( not because they are emo/scene/models/normal .. but because they are black)

Your a dickhead, i have a few questions for you, what has black got to do with them being in poverty? it has nothing to do with it, its about the country there born in, or the situation there born into, it has nothing to do with being black, there only black because of the climate there born into, you need to learn before you speak.

also david beckham deserves what he is getting paid. he is an icon/role model to millions of people in the world where he influences them for the good, not only that he has had to live under the spotlight most his life, hiding form camera men having his wife bitched at his relationship nearly broken up all because of who he is and no money can ever be enough payment to go through that, there are over 2-3 million kids world wide he helps out with his soccer schools, and one of the reasons he is moving to america is because of his soccer schools over there, he wants to help football in america floorish by starting with the kids,

sport is sport its funny cause i dont hear you bitching about what basketball players or american football players get paid.

these people who plays these sports are very talented and have been doing it since they was young like 5-6-7 so for them to be paid what they are paid is justified, they've earned it. i'd like to see anyone here go through 5-6 weeks worth of pre season training at a pro club and not want to give up.

By the way this is my opinion so if your goner bitch about what i said keep it to yourself

Edited by LukeBrisaRider

i agree it's a lot,

but you've got to remember they only have a short 'career', almost all of them retire before 40. plus most of the money comes from the fans anyway, shirts/hats/scarfs + all the other gift shop crap not to mention ticket sales (some season tickets can be £200+).

its not as-if they are robbing the 'poor africans' to buy their ferraris.

plus, if you won the lottery tomorrow i seriously doubt you would give it all away to help the poor.

annnd, they weren't born a world class footballer. you talk as if it's a peice of piss and like anyone could of been a greedy superstar sportsman if they wanted, but that's not the case. The majority of footballers have to sacrifice alot of their childhood to get to where they are.

i'm not defending them, i think its as rediculous as you, but you are talking as-if they have been given all the favours, which just isn't the case. if somone is willing to pay them a shit load of money, why can't they take it?

what has africans got to do with it anyway?? the world doesn't owe them anything just becasue they are poor. maybe they should get off their lazy arses and develop their country. china was a peice of shit 10 years ago, now it's like the 3rd most powerful country in the world, and it's not through charity, it's through hard work.

i'm not defending them

i am defending them!!! Of course he should go where the money is!! He can look after his whole family, and her family, he can live in luxury and never have to work if he doesn't want to, none of his family ever have to do anything if they don't want. It's every persons dream to have no money issues EVER. It's not his fault that people want to throw money at him!

Footballers have no control over pay. If one is offered a million a game, he will say yes, then get slated. As if anyone would say no... It's way above the fotballers heads that are to blame. Doesn't really annoy me anyway. It's life, and whats the point getting annoyed when you can't change it, purely a waste of time. Good on them for having the chance to have that amount of money for doing something they love!

and a good point was made above, these guys are entertainers. firemen and policemen (and women) put their lives (and that of their family) on the line to save other people and protect what good is left in this country. and they get a salary half that of some footballers weekly wage. absolutely ridiculous

True, but there's not the money floating around in these services like there is in football To raise these hundreds of people's salaries..wheres the cash gonna come from? Raising taxes?

It got the reaction i wanted, i was just waiting for it to happen so thanks for that. You can call me what you want, i try not to judge people quite so easily its usually an accumulation of reasons.

Icon? Role model? for what? what has david beckham done that makes him a role model? If my kid walked around like this:

beckham11_jpg.jpg

Id be f**king ashamed of the little twat. He has done nothing that i can see him being a role model for. Gay icon? getting awarded shit by the queen for doing.. umm what?

The reason american football and basketball have not been mentioned is due to the fact that it is predominantly an american sport. Looking at the population difference between the uk and usa it is likely we cant even fill one of thier states. To be honest, i can see how people in the nfl get paid so much there are people who can run just as quick as olmpic athletes who train soley for their sport for years just for an event like the olympics. Thats f**king dedication, look at dwayne chambers olympic 100m sprinter who was also on steroids. He went to play american football and was wank as f**k why? because people were a lot quicker than him and he was just useless on the field. When looking at american football and basketball in the uk it is no where near as big as in america, i cant even remember the last time i even saw a home soil game of either sport on tv = no sponsorship = no money.

You still arent seeing it though, there are conference teams that play for money that cant even get them by on a decent wage. Do you beleive they lack the same passion for football as so called "talented" players in the premiership? These conference players and lower divisioners are on two jobs yet still find the time to go to training because it is actually something they want to do. You dont see them in the papers getting in a huff just because the manager said they played like shit. Infact look at managers, the old newcastle manager sir bobby was a great player back in his day and earnt what? f**k all a week. Why should it all change? why suddenly should a player be worth millions of £'s there is no need for that amount of money to be within the sport it just allows clubs to get in to stupid amounts of debt i.e. 40 million, while they get a stadium built that they dont even necessarily need.

Why bother posting if you aren't up for criticism? if you are going to make a point atleast have the balls to back up what you are saying afterwards. You never know you might learn something.

Hence the topic really, i know david beckham has been singled out in all of this but really theres a point where you dont need that amount of money. When he arrives at this club and he brakes his leg first match, how stupid is everyone but him going to feel about the amount of money they have spent? for example michael owen. He's played 3 matches for newcastle since he was bought over a year a go. Solid investment? my f**king arse. But he is still getting paid for literally doing pretty much nothing. He mase well be on the dole as far as im concerned.

Edited by Spacemunkee

Right boys the thing is its stupid, its an obscene amount of money, but why should the players turn it down?

If you were offered 5k a week to do something you loved you'd do it wouldn't you?

And the thing is the majority of people in this country want to see them play.

I say good on 'em.