Ok Car People, Ponder This One.....

BONGO

OK, how about this.... find me european production saloon car (or hatchback) with a naturally aspirated engine that produces 100bhp per litre (or more) from 2 litres or less?

So,

• european
  • Must be in production/been in production (Production ;- 400+ cars built)
  • Saloon or Hatchback
  • Must NOT be turbocharged/supercharged
  • 100BHP per litre
  • No bigger that 2.0L
Must be strict! 1BHP under does not count! etc etc!

Harder than it seems....

Bloody civics do it all day long lol pity they are not european!

exactly. yep yep yep i got one........ah...

lol

100hp per litre? are you saying if it's 2 litres it's gotta have 200hp??

No it could be a 1.6 if it had 160bhp, as it would total to 100bhp per litre. a 1.6 with 159bhp would not count though as it is not 100bhp per litre is it.

Im pretty sure the top end Lotus Elise versions push out close to 200hp and are only a 1.6 or 1.8 engine! Considering how little the car weighs and how well it handles, thats a pretty damn awesome car all round if you ask me!

Will have a hunt for info and post back...

M@

Edit: Ok so its not much of a saloon :$ 189bhp from a N/A 1.8 dohc engine is pretty damn impressive though!

Edited by MadChikken

Civics are built in Swindon, which makes them European in my eyes (or dual nationality?). On that note, any Honda using the K20a has 100bhp per litre from a 2 litre engine. So Civic type r's, Accord Euro r's etc all fit the bill, apart from maybe the European bit. But I think it depends on your point of view as to whether they are eligable.

Civics are built in Swindon, which makes them European in my eyes (or dual nationality?). On that note, any Honda using the K20a has 100bhp per litre from a 2 litre engine. So Civic type r's, Accord Euro r's etc all fit the bill, apart from maybe the European bit. But I think it depends on your point of view as to whether they are eligable.

No chance!!! Honda ain't a european company! Doesn't matter where its made! The seats are fabricated in Thailand, but that don't pursuade people to think its Thai. Nope, Honda as a company needs to be european for it to stand (Y)

200bhp from a factory standard 2.0 n/a engine i would believe is pretty much impossible to find.

Hell, 200bhp from any 2.0 engine n/a is hard enough to do even with extensive modifications.

So really, unless you know one actually exists, this is a very wild goose chase.

On a kind of related note, do throttle bodies count as n/a? I wouldn't think so, but if by some wierd idealism they do, then a 306 gti-6 with throttle bodies and cams gets you over 200, but as i said, thats non standard.

do you knojw of one that already exists bongo? or are we on some wild goose chase?

there is answers (Y)...which i'm not 100% on yet lol. But it's not a wild goose chase lol.

The goose is mildy tamed, with one leg, but you're blindfolded (Y)

there is answers (Y) ...which i'm not 100% on yet lol. But it's not a wild goose chase lol.

The goose is mildy tamed, with one leg, but you're blindfolded (Y)

You sure? because civic type r is probably the only car that i know of that comes close to this and even then its 198bhp from 2.0l if there is a car i think its definitely going to be some 1 litre little car.. im not going to say smart car though but something along those lines.

Leon FR 2.0L TFSi 200BHp ... i think bollocks... tfsi :(

http://cars.rte.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuse...mp;carID=546446

Edited by Spacemunkee