150 PS = 147.9 BHP

180 PS = 177.5 BHP

200 PS = 197.3 BHP

oh come on its close enough!

im sure one of the other models does it there anyways

That is probably the closest ^^^^

but I can't find it anywhere here:

http://www.carfolio.com/search/specific/?s...050&num=200

(that is every n/a car less than 2.0 litre, listed in order of bhp output. Loads of sports cars that do it -Dino :wub: - but can't see any hatchback/coupes..........

Edited by bikerider

if ps = bhp then doesnt this win?

fraid not chris, the adverts are misleading.....

the 2.0 FSI engines mentioned are infact the 2.0 TFSI, the same engine as the new golf gti, putting out 197bhp, as you guessed it, the T is for turbo.....

silly misleading adverts.

nojne of the engines in the VAG range make the 100bhp/litre in n/a form, although most now make it in turbo form.

if ps = bhp then doesnt this win?

http://www.carpages.co.uk/guide/volkswagen...i-200ps-4dr.asp

http://www.carpages.co.uk/guide/volkswagen...assat-guide.asp

Power Conversion: ps to bhp

1.0 Japanese PS = 0.98632 BHP

50 PS = 49.3 BHP

100 PS = 98.6 BHP

120 PS = 118.4 BHP

150 PS = 147.9 BHP

180 PS = 177.5 BHP

200 PS = 197.3 BHP

oh come on its close enough!

im sure one of the other models does it there anyways

Is that not turbo'd though?

See the last sentence

EDIT:

Yup it's a turbo

fraid not chris, the adverts are misleading.....

the 2.0 FSI engines mentioned are infact the 2.0 TFSI, the same engine as the new golf gti, putting out 197bhp, as you guessed it, the T is for turbo.....

silly misleading adverts.

nojne of the engines in the VAG range make the 100bhp/litre in n/a form, although most now make it in turbo form.

The f**king c**ts, i checked yesterday and saw the TFSI stuff going on in other cars.. so i assumed FSI would be fine :( why cant they just name cars properly nowadays.

I reckon honda are the only company to get really close. Shame it cant be used in this thread though.

good effort man,

but is it classed as a production car? like could you go to a fiat dealer in 1970 and say i want a TC Corsa?

or was it like the F50 GT to the F50?

I believe it was normal production..the old man reckons you could "go to a fiat dealer in 1970 and say i want a TC Corsa"

Its funny the way that all the possibilities so far have actually been pretty old. Bloody engineering's going backwards! I swear cars are getting slower and heavier all the time, but then again so is everything, No more concord for example.

Its funny the way that all the possibilities so far have actually been pretty old. Bloody engineering's going backwards! I swear cars are getting slower and heavier all the time, but then again so is everything, No more concord for example.

its health and safety,emissions etc, which are creating it.

im sure there was a 115 bhp version of the 1.6gti 205, this engine was used in the 8v saxos,(i.e the saxo vtr) and as far as im aware, even with 15 years of refinements, it never went above 100bhp, due to the restrictions put on emissions.

and airbags, side impact protection, crumple zones etc, are creating the heavier cars. using the 205 as an example once more, its kerb weight started at 740kg i think, yet the saxos 1.1 engined model, weighs in at 810kg, which is quite an increase on such a small car.

not 100% sure but wasnt there a Smart car that did over 100bhp BUT was running a 700cc? but i think it was a turbo :( which is not naturally aspirated. i think people are looking too far a field. :S lets look ont google.

it is very funny though. some/most 1.8/1.0 turbos will mostly be 200bhp or there abouts.

Waynio.........................

look on google at "200bhp 2.0 saloon" half way down it brings up a link that has a description of a VW Passat 200bhp and in a 2.0 doesnt say owt about a turbo :S but when you click the link you start looking for cars. :P

maybe? maybe not? just thought id have a quick look. the main company that can get over 200 hp out of standard engines non turbo are Honda and i think i read Subaru too.

Waynio.........................

that mint car above does 114 hp to 1 litre BUT weighs in at a mere 583kg!!!! :S oh my god that would go like f**k, if that had as much hp as torque it would pretty much nearly fly :lol: what a RAD car.

Edited by Waynio

^^ ^^ ^^ ye that must have been the 1. a mate of mine has a smart car as a works company vehicle lends it to people when theres is in for service etc. thats a 700 turbo i think. quite amusing seeing this lil smart car go past with a dump valve on (Y):lol::) makes you smile.

Waynio........................

^^ ^^ ^^ ye that must have been the 1. a mate of mine has a smart car as a works company vehicle lends it to people when theres is in for service etc. thats a 700 turbo i think. quite amusing seeing this lil smart car go past with a dump valve on (Y):lol::) makes you smile.

Waynio........................

Haha guy at halfords has one of them, is piss funny seeing it tan it past then the dump valve let off haha

Hmmmmm, most intresting!

Don't think they make it but two engines that stand out as possibilitys are:

Vauxhall 2.0 XE (as used in cavaliers)

Peugot MI16

Not to sure about power outputs though.

Edited by super

Hmmmmm, most intresting!

Don't think they make it but two engines that stand out as possibilitys are:

Vauxhall 2.0 XE (as used in cavaliers)

Peugot MI16

Not to sure about power outputs though.

xe is 150 bhp from 2000cc,so is a fair mark off, and cant remember the exact output of an mi16 engine.