Dj Ride May 13th. Sunday...

stuntsbyjon

who gives a shit about the weather? I couldnt careless if it was raining, sure the day could be better if it was bliss sunshine with a light breeze. But thats not what tomorrow is about is it? Its about keeping the FBM alive and showing support for DJ and his family letting them know he will never be for gotten.

</rant>

:bunny::deej:

im a bit pissed if that was a dig at my comment.... i wont ever forget dj, wether i go on this ride or not.

oh, i dont want this to turn into a argument either.

Edited by James_Porter

Bit of a shame about the weather today,im not going out in this at the moment and it is ment to be raining all day :angry:.Oh well maybe next year.

Slack! You live in Pompey, you may as well show your face, it's for a good cause, and what's the worst that will happen, you'll get a bit wet?!

;p

Hope it's a good day - wish I could be there... :(

Thought someone would post a new topic talking about the ride today???? Was a good turn out, I think about 40 riders but I didnt count, I left at about 1 so after it stopped raining more may of turned up. I took some (crappy) pictures, not sure how to put them up?! Did any one get any video of the ride?

Edited by Insane-Downhill

how did the weather turn out in the end?

started off pretty awful, all huddled under the bridge riding a tiny wall (far too many people for that space) then it stopped raining and started to dry up, got about 5 hours of dryness - At one point (just after the silence) the sun was fully out and it was actually HOT.

After as i said, about 5 hours it started to rain again and Im guessing everyone went their seperate ways.

Was awesome to meet new people and much respect to nick mannings and the other guy who landed the 180... Nicky G and Sam wheeler pulling off some awesome stuff on the bridge, Great ride.

Brendan (echo hifi, Onza hoodie)

Edited by trialsmad

Just got in, 5.30+ hours travel time sucks.

As said, good attendance, nice atmosphere, good riding and it was nice to have the 1 minute silence in the fashion we had it in - everyone gathered round, really made the memorial ride what it was.

Nice to see people too.

Edited by Fat Pants

Hey All

1st post on here for me for donkeys!!!

Had a great ride... well, I didnt really ride but had a great time! Was soooo good to see you all again (those of you who i actually know) and all the others! Jon (Granger) and Rich, ur both poor - i wanted to see you BOTH riding and for longer than half an hour :( ahh well, you better be over next ride!

I got soooooo many pics from the day. I WILL try and get them up here but Im not sure how its done anymore, ive been away THAT long. Fraid most of them came out bad but the good ones are worth a poke so yeh... watch this, or some other, space!

Jon, you are the DON of organising rides. Get yourself a bike and organise us a BIIIIIG IOW ride sometime soon..! Im waiting... my watch, it ticks!!!

- Sam/Samwell, guy with green reading hoodie, blue waterproof jacket, Onza Comply, camera, flash, goshawk bag... ermm, run out of things to list ;)

was a good day.

stupid amounts of rain though!

weird how the sun came out straight after the minutes silence!

some stupidly good riding too boys!

EDIT: tom - big gay yellow rims on the echo (Y)

Edited by T-Limburn

Cheers to everyone for a wicked ride. I haven't actually been on a proper organised ride in ages but it was good to see some old faces again and very glad the weather picked up a bit in the afternoon, even though I was riding a bit pants and not making stuff I should be able to do in my sleep! Looking forward to seeing some pics :D

Dave (Monty 221Pr with the oh so gorgeous orange rims!!)

Yeah I had a great day, cheers everyone.

And bigger thanks to Jon for organising and directing me and gilly, and also to the miraculous weather! I managed to only get soaked on the way there and back - lovely dry ride! Now I am truly cream crackered.

My first trip to Portsmouth, seems like an awesome place to ride. And the atmosphere and all the people there made it cooooool. Although I still don't know who most people are... I was the one with the yellow lid and black Iolo.