Xtp Styled Headtube Photos?

Wright Pads

Okay so it was eye catching and still is....but is very come. Zona, Cazar, many ranges of Koxx have it.

So do you think it's lame or not?

Also have you lot got some close up's.

Desging my new set of frame (Wright Bike/Pad's unsure which brand) and just looking at ideas and way to take current styles and amke them better to look, better to function and to ride.

Proto out soon with hopefully one full member here ridding it too!!!

Oh what other styles of headtube/top/downtube arangments are there

clearly - a normal deng headtube circa 2004 is up to the job - pretty much none have failed, and i would say are just as light weight (if not lighter) than current machined monstrosities (spells badly).

honestly - a normal headtube join is fine. these days there are more important areas on a bike that will fail well before the headtube join. Unless of course you are fatmike.

and i prefer the way a normal headtube looks - particularily with skinny tubing.

Edited by manuel

post-8138-1171469294_thumb.jpg

I win.

LMAO i like the rear to what it's attached too, kitchen draws as ''wheels''

Same geo as your other proto? Just with tubing and not cheese?

This is my frame not my sponser Darren. Cheese? I wish cos i'm hungry. You know what proto means yeah?? Well that one you saw and had a go at rididng was a proto the very 1st so it's allwoed to have issues nowt works 1st time

Edited by Wright Pads

Allows you to change inserts between 1,1/8th" and 1.5". And when you rotate the insert 180deg it will change the head angle by something like 2 deg. Do I win?

I'm another believer in the traditional style ones. A ring reinforced headtube, with 2 tubes that just touch and an open ended plate gusset at the top and bottom is what I would consider to be the best set-up. Its just tried and tested, and works.

Allows you to change inserts between 1,1/8th" and 1.5". And when you rotate the insert 180deg it will change the head angle by something like 2 deg. Do I win?

I'm another believer in the traditional style ones. A ring reinforced headtube, with 2 tubes that just touch and an open ended plate gusset at the top and bottom is what I would consider to be the best set-up. Its just tried and tested, and works.

Yep you do but last time i saw that in use some kid had a pretty nasty accident at Cwmn Carn. Plus i have seen it come lose so it for trials na not for me. The option to chnage geo can be fun, but then making it safe and cost effective is hard.

STD style is what i am thinking, but i'm looking to see whats out and what can be mixed and matched and imporved on but a std ring reniforced headtube will never get beaten or unloved

Why do some have open ended welds and some don't? What's better? Does the tube shape have any effect? what about materials?

LMAO i like the rear to what it's attached too, kitchen draws as ''wheels''

This is my frame not my sponser Darren. Cheese? I wish cos i'm hungry. You know what proto means yeah?? Well that one you saw and had a go at rididng was a proto the very 1st so it's allwoed to have issues nowt works 1st time

Since when did frsh products sponsor you. I don't see you on here anywhere :P

Calm down, Was just describing what it was like, a bike made of cheese, ive ridden bikes with some flex, at the brake mounts, but none that twisted bent and rattled like that thing. I wouldnt really call it a prototype, more of a design model that failed. 2 Plates of metal held together by... what 5 bolts you had in it, for the main part of the frame. And 2 for the rear triangle... 2 bolts was it? or 4 holding that on? And you could twist the whole frame with your hands!!!!

And ill think you find lots works first time. If you plan and think about it properly, there may just be things that could improve.

So ok let me re-phrase the question i asked -

Same geo as your other proto? Just with tubing and not plates of cheese?

Calm down, Was just describing what it was like, a bike made of cheese, ive ridden bikes with some flex, at the brake mounts, but none that twisted bent and rattled like that thing. I wouldnt really call it a prototype, more of a design model that failed. 2 Plates of metal held together by... what 5 bolts you had in it, for the main part of the frame. And 2 for the rear triangle... 2 bolts was it? or 4 holding that on? And you could twist the whole frame with your hands!!!!

And ill think you find lots works first time. If you plan and think about it properly, there may just be things that could improve.

So ok let me re-phrase the question i asked -

Same geo as your other proto? Just with tubing and not plates of cheese?

You know what i can;t be assed to answer that at all as 1 you twist it, 2 you'll keep on going and 3 why should i.

Parts thank you, really nice clean pic and shows a nice color.

Topic over now as i can go draw and play with cad

Why do some have open ended welds and some don't? What's better? Does the tube shape have any effect? what about materials?

I'm not entirely sure what it is that causes it, but someone did a load of testing and came to a conclusive result that open ended gusseting is stronger around headtubes. I'd like to know why this is though.

Edit: When I say someone I mean a Major bike producer, Specialized springs to mind, someone like that anyway.

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

I'm not entirely sure what it is that causes it, but someone did a load of testing and came to a conclusive result that open ended gusseting is stronger around headtubes. I'd like to know why this is though.

Edit: When I say someone I mean a Major bike producer, Specialized springs to mind, someone like that anyway.

is it not something to do the transfer of forces. in the same way you would drill a crack, so the force would dissipate round the circle evenly.rather than focusing on a point(the base of a crack). sure it was a similar principle with this. u welded a gusset that came to a point, youd be creating a place where a huge force focused. and altho a welded circular close gusset would dissipate force. by having it open ended. itd run down the down tube, thus dissipating over a massive area. or something similar to that. sure i remember reading that a couple of years back.