The Sidehop Thread

python_man

I guess I'm one of those people who need to learn how to tuck, I really can never focus on the tucking part, I totally focus on the jumping movement and just land on/over the object without any tuckage.

sidehopstilrn6.jpg

And yes, I do know that my ass looks huge in there

You can sidehop that high and you think your technique isn't good enough? :blink:

And don't be insulted if I get this wrong (the spelling or in fact your name altogether), but are you Marco Groesnick?

Rich

You can sidehop that high and you think your technique isn't good enough? :blink:

And don't be insulted if I get this wrong (the spelling or in fact your name altogether), but are you Marco Groesnick?

Rich

I guess I'm one of those people who need to learn how to tuck, I really can never focus on the tucking part, I totally focus on the jumping movement and just land on/over the object without any tuckage.

sidehopstilrn6.jpg

And yes, I do know that my ass looks huge in there

This is pretty much what I'm on about...

If people can sidehop this high (which looks to be as high/nearly as high as many tuckage pics) then whats the dealio?

I recon that if videos of the top sidehop/tap/gap riders didn't show silly tucks (that they need to do to get the height) people would only tuck on stuff thats beyond the point at which the human body can jump.

Jesus this is hard to explain :S

Ah well, keep on tuckin'.

If people can sidehop this high (which looks to be as high/nearly as high as many tuckage pics) then whats the dealio?

I recon that if videos of the top sidehop/tap/gap riders didn't show silly tucks (that they need to do to get the height) people would only tuck on stuff thats beyond the point at which the human body can jump.

Jesus this is hard to explain :S

I get you, it seems like people tuck just to look good, rather then tucking because otherwise they wont make it.

On the counter arguement though, some peoples limits are alot lower then others, and so they may need to tuck on a lower obstacle.

Its alllll relative

Edited by Has anyone seen my shoe?

right ive just been cracking on with my sidehops lately right and i can get both my wheels on 50" but there is no way in hell!!!!!!!!!!! i will be keeping it anytime soon.

my bodyweight is f**king miles over the bike, so its like on then ooff....., now that ive experinced it 1st hand i can safley say that if you on/off a sidehop you didnt make it. that side hope kyle did uo there ill be a pond he didnt make it, i did the same side hop just the left(the bigger bit:P) and just on/offed it, and i wasnt happy with that.

its like doing massive taps were you weight is f**king miles back.

Nice Shaun.

It's not, it's just the biggest sidehop I have on film haha

That sidehop at the college was the biggest. Only Connor saw it though lol You were bumming Dan. :-

Might come down in the hols, see what goes down ai.

untitledkr6.jpg

Clearage! Hardly tucked at all too :ermm: and there was me thinking I was tucking as much as some of you spastics on your 40" walls :lol:

Your not tucked cause the rail is only small it isnt pushing you, i bet you could go over way higher then that

Edited by Gaz M

Your not tucked cause the rail is only small it isnt pushing you, i bet you could go over way higher then that

Like Ash said I'm not going over the rail, just onto the wall as it's higher than the rail anyway, but I have done further up as the wall sort of "drops away" from it as you go up the ramp. Tis only bar height though. I'll try and get a pic of the off-camber sidehop near me which I'm pretty proud of. sidehops have gone to shit after bein off for a week cos of my wrist though :(

Hopefully you're right about bein able to go higher, I just need to learn to tuck right down. Anyone got any tips? Remember someone saying sidehopping over string is good for it, rather than a wall... meh.

Side hopping over strings wont work if you side hop to front wheel, it'll be alright if you goto two though, best thing is gap side hop, get yourself to a side hop you can make that you like to play around on, and start going further away from it and having to dive sideways onto it, that will teach you how to tuck (Y)

It's not, it's just the biggest sidehop I have on film haha

That sidehop at the college was the biggest. Only Connor saw it though lol You were bumming Dan. :-

Might come down in the hols, see what goes down ai.

You make me laugh because both youand Dan say its shit here and you dont like it , yet you come back every other fortnight to ride :closedeyes:

just a tuck from a side hop a mate of mine did thought it was quite good. so here it is.

PICT0008-1.jpg

That wall is tiny! why bother tucking that much on a wall so small he could obviuosly do sooo sooo much higher