Not Just Another Trials Park, The Uks Best!

Ali C

indeed work has started, the plan is to have sections with their own theme ( concrete section, granit rock section, sleeper section etc) as well as a few areas with rails to ride on.

I think we will be very lucky to have it all ready in time, the plan is to start the sections small and build up in one or two more "stages" at a later time. It should be ok though, the quarry is great to ride at the moment so if anything gets made its going to be worth a trip!

PS, bring your goggles for the "pond" sections :rolleyes:

the ponds are pretty deep, so they stay all year, I have designed one section around the smaller pond with a line through the middle if you are brave. It should be ridable by everyone without getting wet, but you can chance it with the line through the middle. The water level does get shallower in summer, so it will open up new line as the weather changes!

the ponds are pretty deep, so they stay all year, I have designed one section around the smaller pond with a line through the middle if you are brave. It should be ridable by everyone without getting wet, but you can chance it with the line through the middle. The water level does get shallower in summer, so it will open up new line as the weather changes!

are they going to shift the dead sheep? it fecking stank last time i rode near it :P

I dont have the designs as I sent them to the guys doing the building, once things are done I'll ask for them back and post them up.

I have been up at the quarry today (freezing my arse off!) giving my help on section layout.

The "Cliff" section is done, its bloody ace! They had done half of it this week but I wanted bigger rocks and a slightly different layout. Today I chose some rocks (one 5 ton monster that they could barly move!) and set them out uci style, its pretty cool.

Next up is some more rock sections (waiting on delivery of the concrete), I think the chap I was helping today is going to ask for a bigger digger, one that can move 8 ton rocks (full on car size). He seems pretty on the ball now I have told, shown and ridden on some rocks, he has some cool ideas.

I forgot to take pics, but I promise I'll take some next time.

So despite the odd bad weather which may halt construction, this park is on target to open at the end of march?

yes, but its a long term project that will be evolving for the next two years. We aim to have most done for april, but they will be expanded on afterwards.

I dont have the designs as I sent them to the guys doing the building, once things are done I'll ask for them back and post them up.

I have been up at the quarry today (freezing my arse off!) giving my help on section layout.

The "Cliff" section is done, its bloody ace! They had done half of it this week but I wanted bigger rocks and a slightly different layout. Today I chose some rocks (one 5 ton monster that they could barly move!) and set them out uci style, its pretty cool.

Next up is some more rock sections (waiting on delivery of the concrete), I think the chap I was helping today is going to ask for a bigger digger, one that can move 8 ton rocks (full on car size). He seems pretty on the ball now I have told, shown and ridden on some rocks, he has some cool ideas.

I forgot to take pics, but I promise I'll take some next time.

yes, but its a long term project that will be evolving for the next two years. We aim to have most done for april, but they will be expanded on afterwards.

sweet al, you riding there tomorow?

• 2 weeks later...
Sound uber good.

If it looks anything like those pictures.

That would just be AMAZING.

Anyone can tell me how long it would take to go down there from london or ipswich ?

Woahhhhh that would take a while

takes 3.5 hours from birmingham,

and it takes roughly 2 hours to get to london to birm,

so you'd be looking at around 5/6 hours.