Not Just Another Trials Park, The Uks Best!

Ali C

storm?
Huh! you mean you didn't experience the uk's worst winter storm in years (monday 10th from around 3am). you must of been asleep dude :sleeping: millions worth of damage around southwest of uk ie; tree blown over and completely up-rooted. i guess you gonna tell me that you didn't experience the earthquake we had a few weeks before that then.

no storm up here, just a little wet (no difference there :rolleyes: ) the storm was pretty much all down south and totally bigged up by the news, didnt look too bad from what I saw on tv (not to say it looked pleasant either!)

I didnt notice the earthquake at all! I am annoyed by that :(

There is a proposal to turn a few local quarries into a mtb mecca!! The local concil own quite a few used and disused quarries and there is a plan to turn it into into one of the Uks leading mtb areas and they would like to include trials.

A top downhill rider is helping out with the trail building designs and actual building too (Roman (I forget his last name) he designed and built fort williams 4x track and many others, so he knows his stuff!) They got in touch with me as they know trials is growing and they didnt want us to be left out.

The proposed quarry is already very good for riding (known as the secret quarry, but real name is lee mill quarry) but they are willing to import rocks, concrete or what ever we fancy really....if that quarry cant be used, they are willing to impost everything into other places!!

I am going to do my best to get the place as good as sabadell in spain or maybe better! So this isnt just your run of the mill little town small park, this is going to be a BIG thing.

What I am after is people to show interest, the more interest in it the more chance it has of happening, The track builder is going to put on a presitation to the coincil, would be cool to have him show theres interest in a trials park from non local people. I think it has a VERY good chance of happening, it was a council guy who got in touch with us about it and he is really eager to get it done (being a mtb rider himself) Plans and everything have to be ready to shown by the end of march, thats how soon they want to start building it!

So pop some feedback here if you like, the quarry is in Bacup in East Lancashire, would you travel that far? (concidering it will be the BEST trials park in the uk!), got any ideas on stuff you want to ride? got pics of things? Any feed back would be good.

you'll get! ;)

Edited by aaron chase

• 2 weeks later...
Guess you didn't read Ali last update post on the opening. wont be open till at least mid april.

Boo...

typical English people, eh? They always open things late. <_< No doubt they're stinging the funding for the extra b*****d labour as well.

(contractors, not Ali)

O yeh ali said today he was going up. Would love to see some pics been yonks since i bin up well before this started. Make sure you get some ads. And has it been dealigied yet if so any idea ali or adam if its made the rocks grippier. And im sure ali said there truck of concrete shit was droped of week or 2 ago. did that happen.

For anyone your allowed to go up at any time you dont need to wait till theres an opening.

O yeh ali said today he was going up. Would love to see some pics been yonks since i bin up well before this started. Make sure you get some ads. And has it been dealigied yet if so any idea ali or adam if its made the rocks grippier. And im sure ali said there truck of concrete shit was droped of week or 2 ago. did that happen.

For anyone your allowed to go up at any time you dont need to wait till theres an opening.

Would be better if we all waited though, and just have a huge ride to Christen it.

Would be better if we all waited though, and just have a huge ride to Christen it.
id 2nd that comment. summer ride at this place is massive. would be insanely cool if vincent hermance could attend for the official opening. but with his busy shedule, this is highly unlikely to happen. Edited by Rusevelt

I third this comment

It would be good, the place is big enough to support a lot of riders, we'd all be able to meet each other. I for one have only met a couple of people from the forum, would be good to meet more, put faces to the display names.

I'm gna try and get up there in the summer, take my mate who's got a t-rex and perhaps a caravan (one that folds - its well cool!) so we can have a couple of days (Y).

Where's the nearest camp-site? I'm guessing tents are ok at the location, but taking an actual caravan might be a bit much.