Not Just Another Trials Park, The Uks Best!

Ali C

i ride a few different bikes and i'd say that if i could find a place as good as this sounds, i'd be happy to session it for a few days at a time, really interested i this goes ahead, will be great if it does, dalton quarry has recently been shiteatised but whoever owns it and it's my local quarry, this one is about 2 hours from mine and sounds awesome, please keep this thread updated

i dont think the town could suport something as big as koxx days, things like parking accomodation there just wouldnt be enough of.

i think im correct in saying that when the formula 1 is at silverstone,silverstone village is packed throughout the weekend.and its a small little hamlet like .so it might be possible.

steve

Baccup where the quarry is, is abit of a chav area, but i cant see them being a problem.

The quarry is council owned and rules are pritty strict there as rangers go up often to check no one takes motobikes up there. Theres a gate on the way up to the quarry, im not sure as to whether this is locked at night. But im guessing so, so cars arnt dumped.

I said that it could be a problem having a huge do up there the size of koxx days because. There won't be many at all places to stop in the town. With buthiers correct me if im rong but there are campsites near ect and also people drive there cars right up to it and park and sleep in them. Whether you could do that at lee mill quarry i wouldnt bet on it, as like ali said there having the car park off the main road and not in the quarry and i doubt the council will be happy with lots of people driving there cars all way up there to sleep and camp there. But i should think it will be fine to trek up with camping gear and leave your car on carpark. Im sure ali would be able to give people a better idea though on what will be allowed.

i hope the man made stuff isnt as erm

"deathy" as the rocks that are already there.

Ali is having rocks imported that will be better in the wet as yeah the ones there arnt grippy at all in wet. So it should be good in all weather. And the man made stuff should be grippy what ever.

Just a thought ali, you thought about haveing the man made stuff painted with a mix of paint and sand for extra grip. Or would it be to much hassle to do.

Yeah but if it's arranged and there's loads of people I think it'll be classed as something else... I'm no expert, I've tried to put events on (Not bike related) and there's been loads of issues.

i can see what you mean but who says the council have to know that it's an organised thing?

could just be a freak coinsidence that the whole forum turns up

:P

• 2 weeks later...
And ill be riding when its open

WOOP roll on summer.

Same! My wrist is such a pain in the arse, want to ride but know if i do i risk f**king it!

Seriously can't wait for the quarry to be done, i will deffinatly be driving up....

Anyone fancy it the weekend after koxxdays?

Adam

Same! My wrist is such a pain in the arse, want to ride but know if i do i risk f**king it!

Seriously can't wait for the quarry to be done, i will deffinatly be driving up....

Adam

what weekend will that be lol date?

Well this sounds incredible!

Is there any pictures of progress or the stage it is at just now?

Well i know i will definately be making the journey down from Scotland (if i think i am good enough to make it worth my while), not sure how i would get down yet but that is only a minor detail...

Nice work and i cannot wait to see how it looks when it is finished!

Adam

Lift please! ^_^ You do still live in Covo right? lol

Nice to hear such a massive project making good progress. Sounds like the place you'd want to take every type of bike you own!