Colourfull Rotor Bolts

monty boi

A certain well known trials shop now do coloured aluminium bolts, but i am not sure whether they would be suitable for use on a front disc, personaly i would not use them, but i am about twice the weight of most the people on this forum......

Adam

yer the colour from the pro bolt titanium bolts. ( the blue and the gold) is from titanium nitrade coating, it gives a very tough and durbale protective layer.

they use the same coating on stanchions on the motobike forks

as for the aluminium, i would avoid, very dangerous for holding a rotor.

pro bolt do titianium bolts as do hope now.

ash

why would aluminium be bad for rotor bolts? (at a guess the metals soft, so with enough force the rotor + braking forces would poon them and shear the bolt heads off = nothing holding your disk)

These bolts are probably heat treated to be very hard so the allen key socket lasts. If they're hard, they'll also be very brittle.

They'll be ok up to a point and then probably all snap near the head. If you're doing a gap to front wheel onto something narrow you don't want that to happen.

Ti bolts aren't that good either, if you have a search you'll find a post Dimitri@Tritoncycles made about them.

I don't think so Dave, the colour comes from plasma-coating which hasn't got anything to do with dye :)

btw just got your emails about the last order... sorry for the mix-up, changed my email address :S

i painted my nipples red and blue, and they looked mint

lol.