Finally Forced Into Long And Low

matthewholdsworth

well after 3 years of abuse and neglect, and the occasional ride ;) my pashley finally croaked its last and cracked in the un-nerving place of "right int he middle of my top tube"

fortunately it happened just after pay day so i splashed out on the little beauty below.

dont know of many other simtra ST1s about.

if i could find a tape measure i would give u WB but as it stands its uber long (pashley was 1040) and about as responsive as a boat.

everything pretty much swapped over but here is a quick spec:

Simtra ST1

Echo Hifi Forks (new)

hope stem (90/10)

easton EA70 bars

hope headset

Middleburns (175's)

dmr v8's

20:17 ratio

front wheel: mavic EX721 on hope XC, tryall tyre

rear wheel: alex dx32 on hope pro2t, tryall trye

brakes: F - hope mono trial 180, R: mono trial 200mm dinner plate rotor

ride really nice, very very different to what im used to and all i seem to want to do/am able to do is sidehop. most annoying thing is the power of the rear brake - its too powerful but it is impossible to run a smaller rotor. the bike is very at home on natural terrain and thats where i intend to ride it the most.

comments welcome.

n61107297_32714864_9933.jpg

of course it's not a Deng, as Deng is a person, unless you like to ride men?

i personally don't like it, i think the blue one would have made that bike look 5times nicer

A deng, so its like.. a community? spechies(sp?)?

Anyways, nice bicycle.

Prefered Adams but still nice :D.

Mat

of course it's not a Deng, as Deng is a person, unless you like to ride men?

haha that made me laugh, really proves that too much maths kill your brains

to the point now, i like the simtra

I always thought they had a short wheelbase for some reason

anyway, i hope you enjoy it :)

matt loved that pashley, he even phoned up pashley to see if they would put a new top tube in for him, unfotunatley they could'nt, thats why he has had to resort in buying the simtra..........................

the pashley of his did ride very very sweet and has lasted 3 years.....................

the simtra rides as good though! :D

ash

Arrrh mr matt so this is your new ride. Well im glad you picked that colour as it looks sweet as f**k. The bike looks really nice, would look better may be with some black forks but meeeh its r8 its how its rides that matter and i bet its noice. I shall have to have a do when im back.

hey up mat, there the beast is, it looks the biz, hope you like the way it rides i bet its a right change of riding positions. rip pashley and im glad you steered away from the mainstream to be different (Y) hehe

im riding now but on hudsons GU, hopefully my bike situation will be sorted soon because of the burglarage.

toodloo dude

That blue one is hideous - yet your's is gorgeous.

Only improvements I could make is a dark front rim (to match the rear), and a more modlike stem (purely for looks. the frame looks as though it's leaning forwards, so a forwards leanin stem to match. not got a clue what it'd ride like - never rode a stock)

Oh. And a front rotor beastly enough to match the rear :P

THEN it would be the nicest bike under the sun... ...or moon - incase there's a niceish one over in Oz.

That is stupidly lush. I want one! haha

Edit: you could run a 180mm rotor if you used a front 160mm caliper. Front 160 on the back is 140, with the +40 the frame gives would make it a 180 wouldn't it?

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

the way the rotor is i have tried the number 5 caliper which would be a standard 140 rotor, trouble is the mount has no recess for the smaller caliper to sit in and requires the number 3 due to its longer legs. cant cut any of the mount away because it is too close to the welds and well would look horrendous.

i would be scared running a front rotor any bigger than that, 180 is perhaps as powerful as it need be. i was fine with a 160.

and yes i wish i could still be on the pashley, it was the nicest bike i have ever had, rode like a dream and was in fact my dream bike, wanted one ever since seeing it at bike show a few years ago (2002???).

i'm gettin more and more used to it, having to totally change my riding style now, taps are a must, i never tapped on the pashley, too short. natural is so much fun, the discs work amazing on the rocks and the bb rise seems to make the bike float around the rocks. as for street, well i always find street boring but its right enough

oh.......uber big scratch on the down tube now