New Rubber And Brake On My Toxsin1

shovel

well a little update on my bike, replaced my leaky old Magura a little while ago for a fresh 07' one and put some new heatsink snowy's on at the same time. feels soo much newer and better than my old one :rolleyes:

also i was running my bike on semi slicks for too long as i had been putting off buying new tyres, so bought some new ones yesterday!

here's the pics then got a bit carried away ;) nothing else really i can buy for my bike, just need to wait for something else to break >_< **touches wood**

toxsin13.jpg

toxsin11.jpg

toxsin14.jpg

toxsin12.jpg

toxsin3.jpg

toxsin4.jpg

toxsin7.jpg

toxsin8.jpg

toxsin15.jpg

toxsin10.jpg

new brake

toxsin17.jpg

toxsin2.jpg

toxsin1.jpg

new shoes

toxsin6.jpg

toxsin5.jpg

I agree with ash, take the gears off before they kill you. Mine always used to jump and skip and the chains would snap... and if i bent my hanger even slightly :sick: .

Singlespeed is so much easier, bigger chain, if the hanger bends i can bend it back and it'll still work perfectly without any need to re-set it up. Its just what i want.

That bike does look gorgeous though, and you seem to take really good pics ;)

Edited by Krisboats

weel i work as a bike mechanic part time so if i do break anything in the gears i can relace them on the cheap. also i have run gears for the last 6 years on my trials bikes with minimal fuss :D

i do like the idea of singlespeed for lightness etc but i cycle quite far to ride places so gears are nice for that

cheers for the comments though, glad you guys like it, i certainly do!

Fine looking bike squire... no crits!

...I like gears too, well a 13 and a 18 to be exact, and lighter. I kinda agree with everything Kris says, but god knows how your supposed to ride anywhere on a SS set-up? It's bad enough 22 x 13! :(

Ha ha, try 16:13. Thats what i run, and when i miss the train home i have to ride 7 miles home :( takes like 50 minutes :lol:

I agree with ash, take the gears off before they kill you. Mine always used to jump and skip and the chains would snap... and if i bent my hanger even slightly :sick: .

Singlespeed is so much easier, bigger chain, if the hanger bends i can bend it back and it'll still work perfectly without any need to re-set it up. Its just what i want.

That bike does look gorgeous though, and you seem to take really good pics ;)

If you have the right shifter you done need to re-set up the brakes. all you need is a friction shifter. if you do bend the mech / mech hanger you just pull / push the shifter untill it works again.

Is that a CK Ti headset?

no chance!! just a standard alloy king headset. the ti ones are about twice the price AND heavier than the alloy ones :blink:

Thats bikes extremely nice, its all like new no scratches!

cheers! but i think the raw finish throws you off a bit, downtube has a couple of dents nd plenty of scratches, also the non drive side of the frame is fairly scratched up now from sidehops :lol: