The Musicians Thread?

Jed

just welcoming myself to the tread, im a guitarist. maybe playing for about 3 years, just started a second band, been practicing together for just under a month.

influences are RATM, chili's, hendrix, soad, metallica, pantera. loads of varied stuff

i have an ibanez S series 470DXQM, a fender tele lite ash, a 84 kramer striker (just got this one, going to change loads of parts, going to be my custom guitar), a jackson V, and a les paul special two.

fender 212, and a laney 30w.

love effects too, have a whammy, crybaby, dod eq pedal, digitech dist factory, zoom multi fx pedal. but wanting to get a load more effects,

will post some pics later

Luis

edit: got some pics:

and please dont be fooled, i dont like trivium, i bought it second hand, and havent taken the sticker of

post-41-1202237470_thumb.jpg

post-41-1202237476_thumb.jpg

post-41-1202237483_thumb.jpg

post-41-1202237489_thumb.jpg

post-41-1202237498_thumb.jpg

post-41-1202237504_thumb.jpg

post-41-1202237511_thumb.jpg

post-41-1202237517_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Foamoi Refresher

• 3 months later...

Sorry for a bit of a bump.

I got a new kit yesterday so i thought id share it with others.

Mapex saturn series in electric berry burst.

Just awaiting for my custom pork pie stool with purple stars on it to match.

Bass drum is amazing 22"x20".

post-11393-1212442387_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1212442451_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1212442527_thumb.jpg

Sorry for a bit of a bump.

I got a new kit yesterday so i thought id share it with others.

Mapex saturn series in electric berry burst.

Just awaiting for my custom pork pie stool with purple stars on it to match.

Bass drum is amazing 22"x20".

Damn man, nice kit. I love A customs aswell, get some videos up of you playing!

What kind of stuff do you do? Looks like a pretty metalcore kit with a china setup in that position.

How much did it set you back total?

Finally got Logic 8 working on my PC!

Yes, I know it's a Mac only program, but I know someone who's a PC genious! Mac Emulator ;)

It came with all the Jam Packs, so naturally... I have Loads of fairly decent Violin Sounds, and Drum Sounds.

NOW I CAN MAKE DECENT MUSIC, without the hassle of arranging people to come into the Studio etc (Y)

Send me a copy so I can stop using Logic Express

Damn man, nice kit. I love A customs aswell, get some videos up of you playing!

What kind of stuff do you do? Looks like a pretty metalcore kit with a china setup in that position.

How much did it set you back total?

Hey. Ill get some videos when my camera is fixed.

My playing style is punk/rock/funk/jazz. I just love playing beats with a swingy rhythm with a fill to it

Id class my set up as a basic 4 piece set up. Like travis barker, ringo star, trent cool etc...

Total wise:

shells: £850

Hardware: £430

cymbals: £629

Cases: £150

Sticks £7.50

I dont have any pics handy but I play bass and guitar

I have a fender (gross) squier bass - pretty crappy

Jackson V - good single notes, chords bleed a little

Godin SGX (I think) - great guitar, good sound, little to no bleeding... looks like I belong in a Chris Gains music video though :(

I currently don't play in a band, but there are two metalheads in my apartment building, one plays bass, one plays guitar so we can totally jam. Just gotta find someone without talent and some extra pots and pans (drummer) hahaha, I kid I kid.

I listen to metal mostly. Metallica, Iron Maiden, Trivium, (some) Coheed and Cambria, Beneath the Sky. But I listen to tons and tons of bands. If you havent heard them already, do your ears and mind a favor and listen to Dream Theater.

Rock on guys!

EDIT: Oh, and Lars sucks. Metallica would be better without that money grubbing asshat

Edited by Sabiot

I play Bass, Guitar, Drums, Synth and at the moment my favourite instrument,

The Harmonica :D

There fantastic to play, brilliant sound and are ace when people come up and say thats easy and then to find out its not :P

NicP

Fook me that's quite nice! Where did you get the shells from? Also anyone heard anything about these snares> http://www.thomann.de/gb/kirchhoff_14x65_arctic_snare.htm ? Can't find many reviews on the internet.

Thanks! The shells them selves were from electro music in doncaster. Those guys at that shop did me an amazing deal. The snare drum in that link looks asif its a pdp replica due to the oval lugs. Go for acrylic if you want but it tends to take a good tweeking to get a nice warm sound out of them. Im obsessed with sjc drums. Visit there website www.sjcdrums.com

I play electric guitar. I've been playing for about 5 years. Started out with a Squire Strat and just got a Gibson Les Paul 1960's Goldtop! :) Also play the piano.

Mostly play Alkaline Trio, Blink-182, Sum 41, Placebo, and some metal

Nice guitar choice with the Gibson man!

Pictures of it, must be worth more than a flat in kensington now!

Thanks! The shells them selves were from electro music in doncaster. Those guys at that shop did me an amazing deal. The snare drum in that link looks asif its a pdp replica due to the oval lugs. Go for acrylic if you want but it tends to take a good tweeking to get a nice warm sound out of them. Im obsessed with sjc drums. Visit there website www.sjcdrums.com

The lugs or the drum itself has nothing to do with pdp... Kirchhoff is a german company. I found this short text about the snare on a swedish site:

A pre-dampened snare

The snare drum was definitely my personal favourite (even though the small floor tom came very close) and though I don’t have enough cash at the moment to spend on a full Kirchhoff kit, I could easily see myself getting one of these snares. Not only does an acrylic shell look good in the collection, but it’s a real pearl sound-wise as well. A lot of middle tones in the lower range and great amounts of depth, plus that somewhat dampening acrylic sound combined with a few brighter overtones that opened up the drum. The snare was, just on its own, fully ready for recording, and tuned pretty high (as you can hear on the recording) I couldn’t resist adding Chad Smith’s opening snare fill from “Give it away”. Just had to, you know how it is.

I've had a close look and played this snare myself, as a local drum shop has a complete kit. it's really, really nice.

Oh and i found the sound clip, linky here.

Nice guitar choice with the Gibson man!

Pictures of it, must be worth more than a flat in kensington now!

cheers man! will get pics up later when i get a chance. cost a pretty penny alright! but definitely worth every one! ;) two years saving, 21st present and probably my christmas and birthday presents for the rest of my life! :D

post-17283-1212927235_thumb.jpg

post-17283-1212927363_thumb.jpg

post-17283-1212927395_thumb.jpg

pics as requested Hendrix! ;) oh yeah, and i use a 65w marshall vs65r valvestate amp!

Edited by I-LikeMatchesDerFun

Anyone have any experience with ToonTrack EZdrummer Drumkit From Hell? I'm tryng to link it up with Garageband to use it as a VST, but it's having none of it and it won't appear in the VST modules (nor is it appearing in my Plug-In section of my audio library.

wat do i do? :(

Anyone have any experience with ToonTrack EZdrummer Drumkit From Hell? I'm tryng to link it up with Garageband to use it as a VST, but it's having none of it and it won't appear in the VST modules (nor is it appearing in my Plug-In section of my audio library.

wat do i do? :(

Do you mind me asking where you got DFH?? Buy/download? I wouldn't mind spending some time messing about with it! :)

I play electric guitar. I've been playing for about 5 years. Started out with a Squire Strat and just got a Gibson Les Paul 1960's Goldtop! :) Also play the piano.

Mostly play Alkaline Trio, Blink-182, Sum 41, Placebo, and some metal

You play the types of bands that i like to listen to/try to play on my lovely cheap acoustic guitar..looking to get an electric by the way, so any reccomendations anyone? Think of it as a first guitar, i don't mind splashing out a little.

I have a friend who's a drummer, he can play every single blink 182 song, that Travis drums in. He somewhat idolises Travis Barker.

You play the types of bands that i like to listen to/try to play on my lovely cheap acoustic guitar..looking to get an electric by the way, so any reccomendations anyone? Think of it as a first guitar, i don't mind splashing out a little.

I have a friend who's a drummer, he can play every single blink 182 song, that Travis drums in. He somewhat idolises Travis Barker.

hey dude,

the squire strat is really easy to play. really nice action on it. if you don't mind splashng out a bit, take a look at epiphone. try Music Store pretty reasonable prices and if i remember rightly, free shipping!

your friend sounds a drummer version of me! :lol: can play most blink-182 songs nd every alk3 song!

hope i helped

steve

that gibson is lush ! thatll be something like my next guitar hopefully, what sort of price and value is it? can you put a link to a site with it on please?

been playing for about 5 month, with a squier straat, and was given a boss pedal, os1 i think. so everything sounds ace through the pedal which is probably why thats all i play through.

i only do solos aswell, bohemian rhapsody (Y) chords are too many, and too tedious

that gibson is lush ! thatll be something like my next guitar hopefully, what sort of price and value is it? can you put a link to a site with it on please?

been playing for about 5 month, with a squier straat, and was given a boss pedal, os1 i think. so everything sounds ace through the pedal which is probably why thats all i play through.

i only do solos aswell, bohemian rhapsody (Y) chords are too many, and too tedious

cheers man! bought it in america as it's WAY cheaper! sure check the links below. Music Store VS Guitar Centre. Guitar Centre don't do international delivery. so unless you have relatives you could send it to and get them to bring it back for you it's unfeasible!

sounds like your the opposite to me mate! chords and power chords for the win! :D

Gibson Goldtop Music Store

Gibson Goldtop Guitar Centre