Uefa Champions League - Barcelona Vs Chelsea.

Otacon

not on main tv?? :(

Nope Sky Sports 2.

£300 win on bets placed that Barcelona will win on 2-1, Otacon?

Yeah.

Shit right on my face. See Essien's volley!?

Chelsea 2 Barca 1.

f**kin' Belta' want it haha.

2-2

If you're talking about just over the 90 minutes then yes, but other wise it can't end 2-2 :P

I reckon Barca will do something special second half, i'll stick to my previous preditiction. :)

Who on earth thinks Barca are going to beat UTD!? It's madness. After their performance at the Emirates noone's going to stop them!

Got it in one! Couldn't have said it better myself, UNITED FOR THE WIN!

A few things from my P.o.v.

Firstly: Chelsea fans bitching about the ref. Does that include a certain Barca player getting red carded for nothing? Or would that be allowed to stand, because of course bad refereeing only happens to Chelsea? Similarly, if your diving forwards got carded every time they should be for simulation, I'd imagine you'd probably struggle to get a squad together. Equally, bad refereeing didn't create the bad defending that led to Iniesta punishing you for not actually scoring more than once in an hour and a half, especially the 20+ minutes where Barca were missing one of their defenders. Maybe kill the game off next time, eh?

Secondly: Didier Drogba. Again, diving, yellow cards, missing games - doesn't happen. That cheating b*****d's managed to get away with quite a bit in his time, so to see him harrassing a referee after a game - where it will achieve literally nothing positive at all - seems pretty weird. Similarly, it's amazing how quickly his catastrophic on-pitch injuries clear up as soon as he passes the touchline, isn't it? When he was rolling in agony, then suddenly fine? Equally, if it appears that he loves that club that much that he's willing to f**k officials about, how come he never, ever shows that on the pitch by staying on and putting the extra work in, instead opting to get 'injured' in almost every game he plays in? It seems insane to me that people who get payed that much, and who apparently love their teams, just f**k about and get themselves subbed off on the hour mark 'cos they can't appear to be f**ked to put the work in any more.

Anyway, positive from my side are that Barca are missing Alves and a few other defenders for the final. Judging from how shaky they were tonight, should be goals galore in the final...

Plastic united fans need to settle themselves down. Thinking they are world beaters and supporting the easiest club in the easiest way, that final isn't going to be easy at all. Barca have proved themselves, I wasn't convinced that they could beat Chelsea (pre the first leg) but they went and did it. As for the united performance yesterday, it wasn't a fantastic game, be honest with yourselves. The first goal was a well taken bit of luck, had the defender not fallen over the ball was cleared, had Park struck it properly it wouldn't have gone it (he hit it into the ground and it bounced over the keeper. The second goal whilst a good strike should have been saved, the third was a piece of world class counter attacking and you can't detract from that. I personally don't think united have performed well in over 3 months and would be seriously worried (if I didn't want them to lose all the time) that they're going to have to buck their ideas up for this final.

They haven't played amazingly well (Although the Arsenal game was pretty well controlled in pretty much every aspect? Only goal they conceded was from a dubious penalty decision?), yet they're still winning the Premier League - and are probably going to win it, in fairness - and are on course for being the first team to defend the Champions League? Not to mention getting that many trophies in one season which is pretty impressive in itself. The whole reason they're a good team is that even when games aren't going their way they still get results, which is why they're top of the league, qualified for the Champions League final, etc. It's not going to be an easy final, but at least they're in it.

Being a Chelsea fan, i'll give my point of view. As an overview, the ref did have a poor game.

The first penalty decision was a stonewall decision, it had to be a penalty, i started jumping around because i was so sure it was! I was watching the game with a few mates who are all neutral's and they said it was a blatent pen. Pritty shocking to be fair.

The Abidal sending off was symbolic of what is wrong with not just English football, but football as a sport. Abidal was no where near Anelka and the ref had a VERY good angle on the situation. When i saw the replay, i was so angry at Anelka, in my view he should have an extensive ban due to his cheating that has wrongly resulted in Abidal missing the final (probably the day he had been waiting for since he joined the club) as should Drogba as if he hadn't had been rolling around on the floor half the time, the stoppage time wouldn't have been 4 minutes, and Chelsea probably would have won the game!

The last penalty claim in the 95th minute or whatever it was could have gone either way, but in a situation like that, and a game of that caliber, the ref didn't have the balls to make the call and therefore didn't. The reaction from Ballack (Man handling the ref) and inparticular Drogba (said to the camera ' this is a f**king disgrace') who are both very infuential to many kids and young players around the world were quite frankly disgusting.

That's my view, and many other Chelsea fans views.

*post*

I wasn't saying Man United are a poor team, far from it. They're a class act that is in (i would say) poor form. They shouldn't be in the league posistion they are, Liverpool should have capitalised early in the season and this title race would be over by now (which it effectively is). Either way all I was commenting upon was the fact that every united fan is now assuming that they are going to win the Champions League just on the basis of two games against Chelsea. It's actually very difficult to jugde because the Hiddink Chelsea is a very different entity to the Scolari Chelsea that United beat comfortably.

To me the final isn't completely unpredictable but I wouldn't have United down as favourites.

Anyway Mark, I didn't have you down as the football type?

I wasn't saying Man United are a poor team, far from it. They're a class act that is in (i would say) poor form. They shouldn't be in the league posistion they are, Liverpool should have capitalised early in the season and this title race would be over by now (which it effectively is). Either way all I was commenting upon was the fact that every united fan is now assuming that they are going to win the Champions League just on the basis of two games against Chelsea. It's actually very difficult to jugde because the Hiddink Chelsea is a very different entity to the Scolari Chelsea that United beat comfortably.

To me the final isn't completely unpredictable but I wouldn't have United down as favourites.

Anyway Mark, I didn't have you down as the football type?

Nah, I play at least 2 hours or so every day. There's a double-pitch cage about 2 minutes walk from my house that's lit 'til 11pm every night so I spend a fair bit of time down there. Been supporting United since I was pretty small too.

I genuinely don't think Liverpool's squad (Or "Skwaaaad" to quote Rafa) really have the depth you need to win a title. You look past their first team, a.k.a. Torres/Gerrard and there aren't really that many particularly good players. Benayoun's 'meh', Kuyt just runs but has no actual skill, Lucas is... well, pretty awful generally, etc. - getting Robbie Keane wasn't an amazing idea, but selling him and leaving your striker cover as N'gog or Kuyt was a massive mistake. They had that period where they just drew every game and pretty much did what Utd did in their recent slump (Let in 2, try and claw it back), but Utd won all those games - apart from Fulham and Liverpool, obviously) and got the full 3 points rather than ending up with a sketchy draw. It's results like that that make a season, and that's why they're top now, really. Liverpool just weren't/aren't good enough to take the title this season.

Re: Champions League - I think it's just 'cos the way the last few games and the CL itself has been going that people are getting excited. There was the "No-one's ever won at Porto" game, and although it wasn't amazing it was still a win. Then there was the Old Trafford semi where it should've been about 4-0. After that, Wenger et al were getting a bit full of it (Football365 had some comedy Wenger/Bendtner quotes) and everyone was tipping Arsenal for a big show at the Emirates, but they just got dominated. Even if it was just Park's early goal, a load of Arsenal fans already started to leave and the players themselves seemed pretty down, and Utd just capitalised on that. Wenger holding his head in his hands after Park's goal was pretty telling, then his look when the Ronaldo free kick (somehow) went in said it all. So yeah, I think it's just all that 'momentum' shit that everyone goes on about, but I think genuinely the team are playing some of the best football around at the moment. If Ferdinand/Vidic (Speaking of, that "No-one's scoring against us" record was probably a large part of the reason Utd got where they are - they might have 'only' been winning 1-0 for a lot of the season, but that's just because no-one could get anything past them at all, so it didn't really matter much) are alright in CB I think that'll generally keep the back pretty tidy, and with the confidence Rooney and Ronaldo have at the moment I think goals are pretty likely to come too. But yeah, we'll see. In honesty, I'd have prefered a Man Utd - Chelsea final 'cos I thought we'd have more chance, but with Barca being as tame as they have been in the semis - and with them losing two of their defenders (at least) for the final - I'm looking forward to seeing the final now.

Im still miffed as why barcelona went through when the aggregate should be 2-1 to chelsea. Chelsea lead 1-0 on aggregate from the first leg, and then scored first on the second, so barcelona should have had to score 2 goals on the second leg to go through on 2-2 aggregate. So unless ive misunderstood the away goal rules, why was the aggregate 1-1 instead of 2-1?

Edited by Rusevelt

Ima noob too, i don't get why it was 1-1 and Barca won? :S

Well im pretty sure the first game was 0-0 not 1-0. So this means when Barca came to Chelsea if it was a scored draw they would win because away goals count for more. I dont get why though.