Such a hard choice (inspired arcade news and info)

nicolasp1405

can't go wrong with either, the Skye is super stiff and has a short reach but it has a lower bb and slacker head angle which will make it stable but slightly less flickable than if it was higher and steeper. The short reach does counter this a bit though so it's not exactly hard to spin.

The Arcade is a bit higher and longer (and still stiff), but the idea is that you can use a shorter stem to get the same feel as a shorter bike with a longer stem (so you could use a 50mm stem on the Arcade and it would feel close to a Skye with a 70mm stem). I use a 70x35 stem on mine and I'm 5'10ish and I find that pretty ideal. It has a higher bb too which makes spins from the back wheel a little easier.

I loved dannys first orange skye - probably the best 24 that Ive ridden, but then I love a low bb! Cant remember if Ive ridden the arcades in current form, Ive had a go on a couple of the different prototypes I think. They were nice too, but Id take a skye.

The two proto frames I've used have both been pretty similar to the Fourplay weight, and the forks have been pretty similar to the Team forks too. The production frame/fork are a little different to the frame/fork Ali and I have been using though. Ali's got a bike built up around a load of the production parts, but I don't think he'd have weighed them before building them up.

Sure you're not just thinking of your Archive there bearing in mind 1) the Arcade has a steeper head angle so consequently a slightly longer reach (which is the important bit...) and 2) no-one who's ridden one has had a problem backhopping (or 'hoping' if you prefer) on it?

I don't know, that day in Leeds you put your brakes back on for the first time in 2+ years (A)

EDIT: Does anyone know on the full builds if the price range is going to be widely different for the above two bikes?

Edited by Seabasss
  • Like 1

I don't know, that day in Leeds you put your brakes back on for the first time in 2+ years (A)

EDIT: Does anyone know on the full builds if the price range is going to be widely different for the above two bikes?

I could backhop fine, it was just doing anything else I failed at...

The Arcade is going to be around Fourplay Team kinda money, whereas the Skye Team is going to be around Skye money.

Sohow will the production frame/fork be different?

I haven't had a chance to look at one up close yet, but I guess the main difference from the frame I'm currently riding is the BB shell/type which would drop a bit of weight off just by being so much smaller.