Stolen Van - VW Crafter - BL57 VVX

AdamR28

Hi guys,

Our converted XLWB Extra high roof Crafter was stolen last night, at 00:42hrs from PR5 6FN. Reg is BL57 VVX. Also has a tow bar and a load of our demo bikes in the back!

bl57vvx.jpg

If anyone sees it, I'd be most grateful if you could let me know where and when!

I have a feeling all the graphics will already have been removed, but it's pretty distinctive with the roof vents, awning, TV aerial, rust down the sliding door and the tow bar on the back.

Cheers,
Adam

Appears you can start it without the key - although it took them nearly 45 minutes in total, and they went away for 2 hours in between... guessing they managed to clone / read some sort of chip / immobiliser info.

What.cpuld you do with a specially.modified rare van and with some rare." stunt bike"?

Like its not something that has large interest/ can be sold anywhere easily

Once you change the plates and remove the stickers it's a mobile home worth £20k+. The problem these days is that it could be stolen to order and already be in Lithuania by now. I hope you get it back Ads I'll keep my eyes peeled around here.

Local jippo site!

I was actually thinking that - there's that traveller's site beneath Yeadon Way as you go into Blackpool. With the van having been in Blackpool the weekend before, it might be worth having a drive over the top and seeing if you can spot it anywhere near there.

Just found this

FIT AN OBD PROTECTION DEVICE

In recent years, the number of criminals using hi-tech devices to steal vehicles has increased. Instead of hotwiring the car or van manually, thieves plug a laptop into the on-board diagnostics (OBD) port and clone the vehicle's wireless key fob in a matter of minutes.

To stop this happening, fit an ECU/OBD protection device inside your van. Available for vehicles such as the Mercedes Sprinter, Ford Transit and Transit Connect, this security measure covers the OBD socket with a secure box that can only be opened with the correct code or key.