New Frame

Todge

Just finished building my frame and recieved it from the Powdercoaters. Thought some people might like to see it and it might spur on some fellow members to build their own frames too, because its lots of fun :)

Geometry is the same as the Ashton ET.

Tubeset is all T45, including the machined headstock.

Only brought in parts are the bb shell and v-brake mounts.

Features 360 dropouts because they are the most logical was of holding a wheel securly.

V-brake mounts brazed as close to the frame as possible, minimising flex.

Weighs in at 6lbs. Ideally i would have prefered it to be a bit lighter, but 6 lbs is acceptable. I think I can get away with narrower seat/chainstays in the future.

Brazed together.

Specially made tensioner hanger thingy.

IPB Image

Some pictures of the jig. Took longer to make this, but helped enure everything is straight. Built it around the ET Frame.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

obviously

looks the bollocks, like an ashton leeson crossbreed, get those into production with 4-bolt mounts for a reasonably price and it will be the dogs dangelies. ill buy one if its less than 200

If you were talking to me, how is it obvious?

I don't ride 24 or 26..

Mat

bloody ell

its the same rear end as a leeson, :S well dropouts and hanger, which are patented.

did u buy them off clive?

i agree but im not sure clive would care unless he starts to sell them, then he may be pissed off

Yer I agree.

Is it illegal if he doesnt sell them, just coppies the design for his own use?

Edited by Swize

BB shell is 73mm.

I was unsure about dropouts, debating to use horizontal with snail cams or make some 360 ones. 360 made it easier to align everything and is a lot easier when using a v-brake, because the cable cant hit the top of the tyre.

I wasnt sure whether Clive had a patent on the dropouts. I couldnt find anything on the patent search, but its not production so doubt it matter too much.

'kin hell, before I'd fully scrolled down I thought that pic of the jig was the frame and that you'd done some nutso box-section seatstay/continued toptube thing. Made a pleasant surprise seeing how ridiculously f**king swish the real deal is.

Good work (Y)