Loosing Interest

sidehop

Well,

Recently i have been finding it harder and harder to truley get in the mood to ride my bike properly.

I am getting bored riding the same spots over and over and aberdeen is also becoming wank to me....

Its just making me not want to ride my bike... and its not like i just sit about as i am a fairly capible rider.

Meh anybody else been like this ??

Also i can't drive and am 9 times out of 10 unable to afford many train journeys plus food and drink.

:(

Well,

Recently i have been finding it harder and harder to truley get in the mood to ride my bike properly.

I am getting bored riding the same spots over and over and aberdeen is also becoming wank to me....

Its just making me not want to ride my bike... and its not like i just sit about as i am a fairly capible rider.

Meh anybody else been like this ??

Also i can't drive and am 9 times out of 10 unable to afford many train journeys plus food and drink.

:(

im in exactly the same position, now im riding a reasonable amount of natural and have completely changed the way my bike ride to liven things up. but street is soo boring now. get an evening job, buy new bike bits, and be able to pay for train tickets or even a car?

i find its also very important to keep good company with trials, im lucky i have prawn, dan walker, alex, pip and loads more. dont take trials so seriously and have a laugh.

EDIT: im also trying to trade my spare bike for a short mod, so i can bunnyhop to the moon and have some fun on a bike completely different

Edited by ash-kennard

Defo Ash, i am always joking about and riding for fun.

Ive rode stoney natural to the death. and its tide permitting. Still good though.

Meh need a job badly...

EDIT: Yeah ash am looking for a stock to play on but have no money and nout to swap so no stock haha

Edited by sidehop

ash knows this! so dont give me grief ash

but there are soooooo soooooooo many different ways of riding trials

if u cant dream them up ! maybe your not very imaginative at anything.

street,uci,biu,oldskool,tech,control etc.

:P

No one is a complete master of the bike ever!

ash knows this! so dont give me grief ash

but there are soooooo soooooooo many different ways of riding trials

if u cant dream them up ! maybe your not very imaginative at anything.

street,uci,biu,oldskool,tech,control etc.

:P

No one is a complete master of the bike ever!

why would i give you grief? ive tried every style of riding. tech street is by far the best for me

reason why i sold my bike and stopped riding......no local riders.

i started to find it so boring riding alone, i wouldn't go anywhere, just out on the kerbs....

seems to be with most things, its boring unless you got mates to do it with too, like a computer game, can be fun playing online with mates, without, its crap.

Got exactly the same problem, been out riding no more than 6 times since the beginning of June, and if i do go out, i prefer to sit around on a wall rather than ride. Was even thinking of changing to XC or Road, but just couldn't be bothered to get a bike. Basically i just can't stand riding the same spots in the same order and doing the same stuff on them.

What would probably help us is a change of frames or bikes. Can't think of anything else, unless there are any rocks in your area.

Mann, I amnt quiting as i love trials.

Just don't feal motivated to actually but mind to matter.

Swap my frame maybe.

Making moves into lines you say, Hmmm i like the idea of that.

Seams we are all a little bored of it now. Same spots if you ask me.

I was riding in Milton Keynes the other day, and instead of trying to go bigger, I just played about on small stuff. Like banks and things.

Doing the most tech' stuff I could.

My back brake wasn't working that great, and my shin and knee hurt from snapping my chain, and slamming my mates pedals in to my shins, but I still had a really good day.

Was riding my mates bmx too, and was just manuelling everywhere!

Aidan.

There is hundreds of things for you to ride in aberdeen, there is still stuff to ride in stoney. Find new places, try new lines, ride more natural. There is always a chance to get better.....go bigger....go further, i think your just being a little pessimistic.

Change your style, dont get a stock your just going to ride the same style on.

Here is a map of places in aberdeen - http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/wiki/Aberdeen - there is loads of stuff i have missed, and i can countless spots where there is stuff i know u can't do, with different moves etc etc.

Just get out and ride you big fanny.

Get a job and get out into aberden more. u know ull love it.

p.s im going to do a map of stoney

get a bmx, problem solved

i haven't ever gotten bored of bmx since i started, and nobody cares if you have a shit bike, theres far less bitching and bmxs are cheaper

That's some 'Hit the nail on the head' shit right there!!

I think this happens to every rider from time to time.

I've been riding 11 years now and sometimes i want to ride everyday all day not stop, other times i wont touch my bike for a week.Just the way it is. But if you dont feel like ridng dont force yourself to, it will only make it worse!

Just have some time off, try and find new things to ride even if it is just a kerb, it will help.

Dont ride just to improve,just have a laugh, and ride for the sake of riding.

It'll be ok man!! Dont quit!!

Scott

Im affraid ill have to agree with the bmx comment

+2

i have ended up with 2 bmx's now,why 2 will you ask? f**K knows how i did it but i still have some money to toss about and my bikes are perfectly running so far so good at the moment.I quit because:

i just got bored of the hoppy hoppy trials

same shit all the time

was just too expensive,never had money and always had to borrow some off my mom for it to be fixed....which i didnt like doing.

bmx is just alot better,theres just more stuff you can do.

but yeah thats just my opinion.