Damn Tensiles!

Ducko

very annoyed this evening,

after checking my set off tensile urban legend crank arms and finding they have a nice crack going over the drive side crank arm about centre in position to where the bash ring sits,

this is the second set of these cranks ive had and this pair has lasted about 7months, which to be honest is pretty poor,

the joke continues,

my friend who has the same cranks checks his and his have exactly the same damage, and he is a smooth as hell rider.

quiet annoyed,

but i advise people to check as there could be some nasty accidents going down.

cheers

i snapped my tensile urban legends after four months of riding,im not a heavy rider and i don't even go big so . . . . . maybe there only made for comp riding instead of urban/street like the name surgests.

steve

Edited by pitbull steve of banbury

i snapped mine doing a gap with a sligh drop in it.

on landing it stanped it into the mud and i had to dig it out afterwards !!

i dont like em.

iv snapped 1 arm and cracked 2 more.

now i use different cranks

iolo

Yep, I had exactly the same thing happen to me, took my cranks off to tighten the bb and gave my tensiles a quick clean and saw that there was a large crack in the drive side and a medium crack in the non drive side. I rode with them for a while until it got to the point where each time I rode the cracks got longer and wider. This as the time to change cranks as riding them just would be dangerous.

These were the older modell of tensiles ( the optimum ones ) but still Ive had them for about 1 and half years now, maybe even 2 years and im resonably smooth but it seems the newer tensiles (urban legends) are more prone to cracking at a faster rate.

Edited by nile71091

lmao they wouldnt cum off.

i just found it funny how everyone is giving reasons to how they cracked their cranks through riding, then, in plods dave with "mine snapped cos i twatted it with a hammer" :lol:

love you really :P

Edited by Sheringham_trials