What To Spec On My Ozonys?

somberlaine

I try to ride with a natural style, but only on street stuff, am 5 foot 11 and don't go big so strength isn't really an issue. Neither is money, so don't compare price. Anyone with first hand experience on both frames would be helpful. I have been riding a pashley 26mhz for 11 years now!!!!! I need a new frame and am deciding on either the ozonys or the atomz.....help! (I tend to ride on my own so can't really try them before i buy and have never ridden any other bikes.)

Edited by somberlaine

I try to ride with a natural style, but only on street stuff, am 5 foot 11 and don't go big so strength isn't really an issue. Neither is money, so don't compare price. Anyone with first hand experience on both frames would be helpful. I have been riding a pashley 26mhz for 11 years now!!!!! I need a new frame and am deciding on either the ozonys or the atomz.....help! (I tend to ride on my own so can't really try them before i buy and have never ridden any other bikes.)

personally id go with the ozonys.. oh wait i am! :)

from what iv heard, its incredibly stiff, lighter than the atomz and has some great design features (read about it on tartys)

Have spoken to some people who ride em (waddy, stan, porter) - nothing but great things to say bout the ozonys and very responsive frame design.

Imo the atomz is fairly plain in comparison, but i am biased cuz iv already sorted out my ozonys from bruno :D

hope that helps a little..

Danny

you should be ok with it.. as luck would have it. I ride a pashley also!

Switching between it and my koxx karbon (now sold - to be replaced with ozonys) its not too hard. Takes me bout 15mins each time i get on the bike to get used to it.

go ozonys :)

danny..

Edited by streetjibs

Yeah, from lookiing at the geometry on tarty I had the feeling that an Ozonys would be the better choice. It's just that, to me, an Atomz built up would look sooooo P.I.M.P. Going from about -20 BB rise to +35 will be interesting..

If your considering looks, the ozonys looks the sex in comparision to the atomz.

Go ozonys +1 :)

Edited by elcristoff-t-pro

Ozonys :D Its a fair bit lighter, and really stiff. Everyone who has rode my bike has pretty much wanted an Ozonys after doing so, speaks for itself really!

One other thing too. The head angle on the Ozonys is steeper than the Atomz which makes it quite a lot more responsive for front wheel orientated stuff. People tend to overlook head angle as not being important but it can change the way a bike feels quite a lot!

Stan.

Ozonys :D Its a fair bit lighter, and really stiff. Everyone who has rode my bike has pretty much wanted an Ozonys after doing so, speaks for itself really!

One other thing too. The head angle on the Ozonys is steeper than the Atomz which makes it quite a lot more responsive for front wheel orientated stuff. People tend to overlook head angle as not being important but it can change the way a bike feels quite a lot!

Stan.

Totaly agree, Stans bike rides so well!

Adam

The headangle point is a good one; I do love the front wheel moves...So yeah I pretty much decided on a black Ozonys with Atomz forks (so I kinda got both in the end!). Basically I have been riding the same frame and components for ages so have never looked at new stuff coming out each year. I have around 2.2k to spend on a trials bike and need some guidance on what spec to get. Would I need to start a new topic for this?

No need for a new topic, just change the name.

I would say pro 2's front and rear, dengura/magura on the rear with braided hosing and some CNC pad backings with whichever compound you prefer. Echo external ISIS bb, from experience very good and reliable. Then if you want to try a different gear ratio like I did the Echo CNC cranks are very strong and relatively light, otherwise middleburns or something similar. Echo rims for extra strength or koxx/replicas for some weight saving.

Probaboly some fom of riser bars with a 120mm stem and about 15/20c rise, a front Magura Marta (yes I went there), rohloff or 74 kingz tensioner, some standard cassette, some maxxis tires, bog standard tubes, I would reccomend lockon grips, KMC SS chain, Magnesium pedals with ti axles, hope internal headset then if cash spare pimp it with either coloured alu bolts or ti bolts from pro bolt.

That would be my spec anyway, or will be my spec :P

Mines on order - got parts here ready to go. I went for lightness (coming from koxx karbon - wanted to keep things light)

Ozonys anodised black frame

Echo fork (soon to replace with atomz)

Ritchey WCS headset

FSA os115 xc carbon stem 110x17

zoo bar (have a spare easton dh carbon if not high enough)

xtr levers with xtr caliper front avid ultimate rear (going to try bb7s at some stage too)

tryall rims , going to try dob mag rims wen change to bb7

built on pro 2 f&r with ti bolts

Big Betty Rear, Nobby nic Front

V!z Ti BB

Tryall cranks and bash

Kmc light chain

rohloff tensioner

all titanium bolts, including brake bosses etc

shud be nice.. thats my build anyway mate.

Hope it helps!

Thanks for the spec help. I wanted to try and make it as pimp as possible. So here is what I had in mind. Let me know if any of it is rubbish....

Ozonys black frame

Atomz black forks

Hope internal headset

Middle burn super pro trials black cranks

white magnesium pedals

maxxis tyres

red steel hope skewers

red chris king front hub

red chris king bmx hub (with heavy duty axle)...or do i need a beefed up classic hub instead?

white rims of some sort?.....

black hope stem

black bars

'SKF BFR" bottom bracket (it's on tartybikes)

Hope tarty trial sl brakes front and rear

Any bolts needed in titanium etc..

It's a money-no-object scenario really so i just want what works the best

the spec that you put up sounds very sweet,have you thought about a tensile ace headset? http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=10089

as for the rims i should think try-alls would do well,they dont hold grinds very well but they're light and come in a large range of colours and sizes compared to other rims.

onza carbon handle bars? flat version = http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=10070 or riser = http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=10251 and http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=214

steve

Has to be internal for the Ozonys, so yeah the hope is the best for the job.

Rims wise, I'd go for Try-Alls, but if your a 'hard rider' (basher) Echo '07s.

I'd recommend Monty bars (the '07 ones would look rather nice) they feel absolutely luuurvly on my Czar (short, similar geo to Ononys) and a mate has them on his Pure '07 (short, also similar geo to Ozonys).

Otherwise that set up is spot on!

Last thing though, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can run a BMX king on a stock? Would have to be just a full HD axel etc. I'm no king expert though.

echo pure (?) curved forks

king headset

old zoo bars

a hope stem (geometry depends on your taste)

avid ultimate rear brake bb7 front with XTR levers.

hope proII front and rear hubs echo front rim on the back - and a single wall rim on the front - like a tryall / viz etc ....

burns and a heatsink guard...

V12 mag ti pedals

skf bb

whatever colour you go for get rid of the gash stickers .....

I am bored....so...

...if your after light, this would be my choice:

fork: atomz

H/set: Hope internal

Stem: TMS welded 130x30

Bar: Viz Flat

F Hub: Viz disk

F rim: Try-all

R Hub: Viz Fixed

R Rim: Try-all

Cranks: Try-all

BB: Echo alloy

Pedals: echo magnezium

Chain: KMC Kool k810

Bash: Atomz

F Cog: Eno freewheel

R Cog: BT Threaded

F Brake: Hope Tarty SL

R Brake: Magura 20th anniversery

F Tyre: Try-all

R Tyre: Maxxis High roller 2.5

Tubes: Welter weight

Grips: Rockman fats

Tensioner: 74 kingz

Then I would get Ti bolts for the stem and hubs, alloy bolts on the brake clamps and crank bolts, get some rock pad blues and enjoy a light bike.

If I wanted a more practial weight bike then I would have the following:

Stem: Symtra Resystem

Bar: Monty riser

F rim: Atomz

R Hub: Hope Pro 2

R Rim: Echo

Cranks: Middleburn pro

Pedals: Echo magnezium

Chain: KMC Kool k710

Bash: Middleburn

F Cog: Middleburn

R Cog: surly

F Brake: Hope Tarty SL

R Brake: avid Vee

F Tyre: Maxxis sligle ply

Tensioner: rohloff

all personal preference though

If I wanted a more practial weight bike then I would have the following:

Stem: Symtra Resystem

Bar: Monty riser

F rim: Atomz

R Hub: Hope Pro 2

R Rim: Echo

Cranks: Middleburn pro

Pedals: Echo magnezium

Chain: KMC Kool k710

Bash: middleburn

F Cog: middleburn

R Cog: surly

F Brake: avid ultimate, plazmatic cnc

R Brake: avid ultimate, rock blue cnc, coust cnc, or cnc backs with joy/fat pad in :)

levers: avid ultimate

F Tyre: Maxxis sligle ply

Tensioner: 74 kings

all personal preference though

i would only change a few things from ali's 2nd description buddy that would be a beauty of a bike

It's because:

Not many people like discs (I do though, got a pair on both my bikes)

The Ozonys isn't really designed for disc use - the mount is at IS position, so the largest Mono Trial brake you can run without silly adaptors is 160 (not powerful enough).

Both the specs Ali did look pretty awesome, and you would come out with a fair bit of change from your budget with either!

the first spec I did was the lightest I could think of (without going for a front rim brake because they are just....crap)

An eno frewheel isn't "as good" as a king, but for trials its maybe better, its a lot cheaper too and easier to repair/replace parts. I dont rate front king hubs at all, not as light as the viz hub and I have seen axles and flanges snap (nice bearings though!)

I do think the hope sl brake is possibly one of the best disks out though, but like adam said, a 160 isn't really powerful enough for the rear.