Gu '08 Le + Tp Pictures

Shaun H

Seriously low top tube styling, awful welding though. fair play to the welders as the GU TP26 Typhoon must be a seriously difficult frame to weld cleanly given the amount of limited space to work between the top and down tube. no easy task. im sure the 2nd or 3rd batch of GU frames will have more tidy welds. love it or hate it, this will be the frame to gasp at in 2008....cant see deng releasing an 08 Adamant.

Damn, they look so poorly made. If I was paying £300 for a frame the least i'd expect would be straight welds, I hate to think what the entire downtube brace looks like close up on the TP, looks bad enough from the small preview.

I'm not sure where Trials-UK's frames have come from, but ours are completely different :blink:

large_gutp202.jpg

The TP and ST frames have an anodised finish (better than painted) and the welds are much better, pretty good I'd say considering their length.

Adam

I was planning on buying the disc one but they really arent as nice as the cad pictures :unsure:

Plus its going to be a mess about for me to get a mount because i bought a 203 mm bb7 and its a +40mm disc mount :S

swayed me slightly more towards the ozonys to be honest.

We've worked out how to remember it... ST = STD (lol :P) = ST Disc (Y)

The frames are pretty sweet, I was expecting 'more of the same' but they're not...

Adam

lol :P of topic but meh,will you guys at tarty be posying up picks of the echo rims in there new fluecent colours soon?

cheers steve

of topic but meh,will you guys at tarty be posying up picks of the echo rims in there new fluecent colours soon?

cheers steve

Yeah, *might* even take some tonight quickly, still at work...

Adam

any news on 08 zoos and adamants?

Nothing yet, I think it will be a few months at least if they do change for '08.

How come the ST is 1010mm, isn't that short compared to the rest of the gu's?

If it is 1010mm wheelbase (which it may not be - the quoted geo is rarely spot on) then it's 10mm or so shorter in the wheelbase than some GUs have been... which is a pretty small amount.

If it is 1010mm wheelbase (which it may not be - the quoted geo is rarely spot on) then it's 10mm or so shorter in the wheelbase than some GUs have been... which is a pretty small amount.

Get a tape measure out luv. ;)