R.i.p. Oli Lewis

Prawny Baby

the funeral was very, very well done. all went smoothly. I was stunned by the amount of people that knew him, he did soo much.

quote from rich pearson when the hearse pulled up "120 bulbs just silently clicked" and he was so right. it really hit hard when that car arrived.

and prawns speech, possibly the most moving things he has ever said, including christ and oh shit.

• 2 weeks later...

f**k me man!

i havent been on here for ages, i come on here and read this, i didnt know Olis full name so didnt expect it to be him!

i never meet Oli in person but had many a conversation with him on here about his mini and his VAGmobile! and i can honestly say i read Prawns posts with my mouth open and the tingles!

RIP mate! you will be missed! And my thoughts are with Oli's family and friends at the minute!

if you ever need anything for his mini Nick I have several that i am breaking.. free parts to a good cause!

Very sorry to hear this!

Rest In Peace mate!

That is so bad!

I can understand how his friends feel and how devistated his family must feel as one of my best friends died in a car crash bout half a year ago now.

He was one week away from his 19th Birthday. He was such a good person and its such a terrible loss for someone like him to have gone and especially at 18!

So I am very understanding at what has happened and I am very sorry to hear such bad news as i can relate to someone quite similar :(

Hope he knows how much he meant to everyone, sounds like a top guy!

Cheers Hendyx

• 2 weeks later...

Well I havn't really been on the forum much. I noticed someone had R.I.P oli but it didn't really twig.

I'm a bit late in reading this.

I met oli twice, first time at Castle Coombe where he and prawn admired my Mini.

The second time I met him in a somewhat drunken state as nass. He talked about what he was planning with the mini now and I was impressed by his plan. 16valve 1litre I think?

From the small amount of times I met him he seemed like a great guy and will be missed.

R.I.P Oli.

Edit:

Just watched the video. Very moving, pictures are amazing. I did notice one number plate in the background L509 DOB Weird but my first mini was L589 DOB

Edited by Trials Punk

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I want to say to all of you who have written on here thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your wonderful tributes and words about Oli.

Oli was my little ray of sunshine from the moment he was born and was my life. It is unbearable without him and one of the things that keeps me going is his precious mini, his dream, which we will keep alive for him.

Reading all your words each day were a great comfort. He was the most wonderful, kind, intelligent, funny, happy, laid-back, loved person anyone could ever meet. From the moment he was born he laughed and kept laughing. I miss his laugh so much. He was my soul-mate and my best friend as well as the best son anyone could ever have.

We are hoping to start work on his other 'baby' the Chevy Van when we can. It was his dream to get this done and drive over to Egypt in it later this year!! This was going to be started once the mini 'Little Dobby' was finished. I will keep you all informed of progress.

Thank you all for your wonderful support. Take Care :giggle:

Great to see you on the forum at last Carol.

I appologise for progress on the mini front being slow lately, but fear not, I've thought it all through, and I reckon there is plenty of time to get it sorted and running in time for the run. it's going to be amazing!

Still missing Oli so much every day, I still go to call him on my way home from work, before remembering his phone wont ring.

There are so many things I'm doing at the moment that I really need Oli's help with. It's just so wrong that he is not here.

Doddy will be done, and soon too!

I'll speak to matt again and see if I can get him to update the thread a bit more.

Nick

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...