Oli's Mini Build Thread!

Matt_Tupman

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you all know that despite constant phone calls daily - and being promised the engine daily!!!!! we are STILL WAITING. Words fail us, talking to a wall would be more productive and I have been driven to doing that lately to try to keep my sanity. Emotionally I have been dragged right down again by all this, just cannot believe especially under the circumstances how anyone could do this.

We live in hope that one day it really will arrive.

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you all know that despite constant phone calls daily - and being promised the engine daily!!!!! we are STILL WAITING. Words fail us, talking to a wall would be more productive and I have been driven to doing that lately to try to keep my sanity. Emotionally I have been dragged right down again by all this, just cannot believe especially under the circumstances how anyone could do this.

We live in hope that one day it really will arrive.

Thats apauling, how long now altogether have you been waiting for it, sure i saw some say somewhere it was nearly a year?

Thats apauling, how long now altogether have you been waiting for it, sure i saw some say somewhere it was nearly a year?

Oli was waiting for the engine last August when he was wanting to race it in September!!!! Sadly because of this Oli never got to drive his mini - his dream, it breaks my heart. Here we are in June - still waiting!!!!

That is some dire customer service! I really hope this gets sorted soon, I can't wait to see what colour the mini will be in the end. (Don't spoil the surprise though. :P)

Hopefully it will arrive asap and then you'll have something special that we'll all remember him by.

Pardon my french but what a piss-take!

I hope you've not paid anything for it yet - that is terrible customer service and I'd refuse to pay the full bill!

Given the circumstances you'd think they'd be extra quick with it :(

The engine was paid for in full last year!!!plus extra bits that were ordered and also paid for. It is bad and it is all making me very ill.

Well the engine was picked up today, there was a bit of tension but i think everyone is relieved the engine is in the capable hands of the tupmans, (which i had the pleasure of meeting this evening at carols house).

A few pictures were taken which i am sure myself, nick or matt will post up soon.

Regards

Right,

Here are a couple of pics of the engine (Prawn took a couple of better ones when it wasn't in the car).

gallery_14407_1845_271307.jpg

gallery_14407_1845_266717.jpg

gallery_14407_1845_212866.jpg

Steve from Morespeed ordered the manifold yesterday (better late than never) and that will be delivered to the tupman's.

Well at least it's finally arrived, is there enough left in the fund or do you need another whip-round? I'd be happy to donate again.

I myself am not in touch with the money side of this cause but as far as i am aware the fund isn't running too low yet. If some more assistance is needed it will be made apparent.

Thankyou for showing such a strong interest.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to thank everyone for their patience in waiting for updates. I will now explain why we have had to wait so long. Unfortunately the engine we collected from Morspeed does not match the specification of the engine that Oli purchased. Many discrepancies have been found and as Simon from Morspeed has not given any explanation for these apparent discrepancies and has not answered my request for a full refund, I have now been forced to take court proceedings.

The engine we collected cannot be used in Oli's mini and has in fact been considered unsafe.

Work is however continuing on the mini, we just do not have an engine!!!

There will be some photos posted very soon of work todate. We are hoping to transport the mini for all to see to Castle Coombe on 27th September (minus an engine)