Updated** - Trialtech First Products Released

Dave@Trialtech

• 1 month later...

Yeah very true. It's just that i'd rather have a stronger chain and try and loose weight wear i can. It's not much but armed with ti bolts here and there it all adds up.

Having a fully capable 1/8 sprocket would be awesome though, such a smoother drivechain.

why when your name is translated to text does it come up with der? lol just wondering......

Well his name is Fred, but his username used to be Derf, which is Fred backwards...

01100100 01100101 01110010 01100110 is the right binary for Derf though, maybe it was too long to fit in the username thingy.

QUOTE (joe b @ Apr 8 2008, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got my new stuff on now :) .

Go team SMASH AND RAPE Trialtech :lol: ...

Haha! :D

My bike is sporting quite a few Trialtech parts at the moment, and I'm loving them also :)

Edited by Stan Shaw

• 1 month later...

I've just recieved my first Trialtech product today. The Mod stem in black in 150mm length.

I must say i'm plesantly suprised by the whole thing. I was certain it was just a rebranded Viz stem. But the whole design is different. It probably is made in the same factory though?

Anyways. On the bag i was glad to read 'made in Taiwan' rather than in China. The clamping area is bigger than normal and also has extra machining to help. I can't really explain...

And the stem seems to be an intresting shape. Is this to stiffen it up more? I recon it'll be better than just the tube style approach.

Also the internal machining of the steerer clamping area looks clean to.

Good job. I think i'll be investing more into Trialtech.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while, so there's a ton of product news for you all! :)

Maybe grab a cuppa, this might take a while! hehe

As many of you will have seen, there has been a double-sided Sport UCI bashring available for a while now. After a few riders mentioned they would like to see a single sided version, and a few even cutting their Trialtech bashring in half (Kenny Belaey being one), thought it best to do something about it...

Sport-UCI-Halfring.jpg

7075 aluminium, built in freewheel spacer, just 20g!!

Next up, rims...

There are Sport rims for both 20 and 26" wheel bikes in 4 different colours and 32h only. There is also a square or round hole option for the front rims (saving around 50g on a 26" rim!!). Twinned laser logos at both valve hole and join.

Square hole front rims:

Sport-Square-Rim-Front-20-White.jpg

Sport-Square-Rim-Front-20-Black.jpg

Sport-Square-Rim-Front-20-Silver.jpg

Sport-Square-Rim-Front-20-Green.jpg

SL-Front-Square-Rim-20.jpg

Round holes, as above but traditional circle cut outs (same colours as above are available).

Sport-Rim-Front-20-White.jpg

Rear rims available in all the usual colour too, double wall, 47mm wide.

Sport-Rim-Rear-White.jpg

Also available are Race rear rims, essentially the same as the Sport rims, but only in black and a more robust un-drilled style and a bargain price!

Race-Rim-26-Rear.jpg

And for the 24" riders out there, there's a 38mm double wall 24" rim available in drilled or un-drilled format, 32h black only.

Sport-Rim-24-Drilled.jpg

Sport-Rim-24.jpg

Keeping with the wheels theme going....

Front and rear Sport hubs (20 or 26" rear available, 20" with a slightly longer axle to ensure perfect fit and performance with chain tensioners/snail cams) are available in both stylish gloss white and classy but subtle matt black. All hubs feature the finest quality SKF sealed bearings, if you're not familiar with these, ask any engineer what bearings they recommend for quality and 9 times out of 10 they'll say SKF. As far as bearings go, there is hardly anything better! Steel serrated axle ends and double freewheel/sprocket threads for the rear hubs. The front hub also features a 'beefed up' 10mm disc mount.

Sport-Disc-Black.jpg

Sport-Disc-White.jpg

Sport-Disc-End.jpg

Sport-116mm-Hub-Black.jpg

Sport-116mm-Hub-White.jpg

Sport-135mm-Hub-Black.jpg

Sport-135mm-Hub-White.jpg

Sport-135mm-Hub-End.jpg

Keeping with hubs, there are also front and rear Race hubs available, open bearings and reliable steel axles. Black 32h only, dependable performance at a bargain price.

Race-116mm-Hub.jpg

Race-Hub-Front.jpg

Steering time…

SL carbon headset spacers in both 5 amd 10mm options.

SL-Carbon-Headset-Spacer.jpg

The Sport range comes in with a pair of gorgeous 3D forged stems for both 20 and 26” bikes. 150 x 35 for 20” bikes and 120 x 17 for 26” bikes. Stunning looks and awesome performance at some of the lowest weights around (218g for 20” and 155g for 26”).

Sport-Stem-20-White.jpg

Sport-Stem-26-Colours.jpg

Sport-Stem-26-White.jpg

Sport-Stem-26-White-Front.jpg

Handlebars come along with two models, firstly the Race 7075 flat bar. 29” width and super strong 7075 grade aluminium, a great dependable ‘traditional’ trials bar, available in anodized black only.

Race-Handlebar-Flat.jpg

And the much anticipated Sport riser bar. Tested and used by Stan Shaw, Ali C and Sam ‘Waddy’ Waddington, these bars have proven a great hit with anyone who has tried them. 7075 material, 29” width, 310g, arguably the best all round trials bar available? We’d like to think so. Available in black or silver anodized finish, with gloss white powdercoat versions available shortly.

Sport-Riser-Bar-Black.jpg

Sport-Riser-Bar-Silver.jpg

Sport-Riser-Bar-Black-Centre.jpg

Pedals are covered with two options. There’s Race caged pedals in all silver or classy all black finish. A dependable and popular style at a great price.

Race-Pedals-Black.jpg

Then there are the Sport magnesium platform pedals. Once again a dependable and popular design in three great colours: Classy matt black, stylish gloss white and attention-grabbing fluro green.

Sport-Pedals-Magnesium-Black.jpg

Sport-Pedals-Magnesium-White.jpg

Sport-Pedals-Magnesium-Green.jpg

Staying with the controls area, giving you something to screw your pedals in to: Sport forged cranks. Available in various lengths and bottom bracket fittings, with a choice of black or silver finish for 175mm cranks. Great value and dependable threaded cranks.

Sport-Cranks-Back.jpg

Sport-Cranks-Front.jpg

Sport-Cranks-Tapers.jpg

Also available are Sport rim tapes (black or white), foam grips (ask Ali or Stan at Tarty Bikes which grips they recommend ;)), grip stops, threaded sprockets now also available in 15 and 17t.

Thanks for taking the time to read all this, hopefully there has been something of interest for you!

Many more products in the pipeline, so I look forward to bringing you news of even more new products in the not too distant future!

Edited by Dave@Trialtech

i had one of those zoo! bars (talking about the 72cm) years ago and i was really happy with it. nowadays everyone says the monty ti / try all rage bars are the best. so, is the trialtech riser more an old zoo! or a wider monty?

parts look great!