Updated** - Trialtech First Products Released

Dave@Trialtech

are they similer shape to monty/viz bars but wider?? My viz bare are by par the nicest bars. I coudnt go for anything wider again!

um, similar but they don't look as extreme, they are very comfortable though!

Look really nice, and REALLY wide. Adam when did you turn into a basher :P Drilled lever blades :o Come on :P

They are 29inchs wide, which is about right in my oppinion! And the lever blade, i just got bored and had it sat there so drilled it (it's a 4 finger one too)

Adam

I put mine on last night, i think they will take a few rides to get used to though.....they do not have as much rise as the monty bars, and as such its made my bike ride a fair bit shorter.

Hopefully i can get it sorted to ride how the bike did with the monty's (other than putting my pair back on) anyone got any ideas?

Depending on how you run your bars (how far forward they are angled), sounds like you need a 10mm longer stem or so to compensate for you being used to bars with more rise (that translates to reach if you tilt them forward)? I'm guessing it'll be the 'reach' issue rather than the actual shape of the bars you're having funny feeling with?

aye thats the very wee thing that feels 'funny', im sure ill figure it out.

i think that i may need to add a stacker under my bars as well for that extra lift (where i have tried to compensate for the reduced reach by tilting the bars)

i am probably not making any sense, however i am sure i can sort it :).

i like the way they feel, however i might have to (as you say) run a longer stem (which i dont really wish too, cos i really like the trialtech one)

i think that i may need to add a stacker under my bars as well for that extra lift (where i have tried to compensate for the reduced reach by tilting the bars)

i like the way they feel, however i might have to (as you say) run a longer stem (which i dont really wish too, cos i really like the trialtech one)

Give it time adn ull get ust to them and love them, You ust to run deng bars, try running a pair now and i bet you think they are horrible because the fact your ust to proper riser bars now.

When i have some spare cash ill be getting some bars as ino how sexual they are from alis and stans and waddys bikes. These things should sell like hot cakes, such a good shape and stiff unlike deng bars which flex like f**k and not enough rise.

Makes perfect sense, I had the same problem with my ZHI. trial tech stem with czar bars felt really cramped and just couldnt get used to it. I extended my viz bars and tilted them a wee bit forward and it made such a good difference.

so it sounds like you need a longer stem. I even thought that when you were running your monty bars up in ullapool. That side hop you were trying outside the pub the first night you wernt making, you look cramped on the bike, thought it might be because of the bike as a whole compaired to your czar.

He is, but from what i understand there is abit of a delay on the white ones.....

Adam

Sweet, we'll have to see how it plays out, I'm pretty happy with my Montys now they are extended to 30", but we'll see, I really like the look of the Trialtechs.

As Bigman kindly mentioned, white bars are on the cards, just a delay in finishing at the factory. They're set to arrive in the UK the week starting the 28th :).

Also, forks will be arriving at the same time (Y). They'll be available in disc only (+20 disc mount position for 26") or reverse Magura mount only. Anodised matt black with a laser etched Trialtech logo down the non-disc side leg. A few people will have seen them on either Waddy's bike or Thomas Oehler's, the production versions will look pretty much identical, just a small tweak to the steerer design at the bottom.

Ta,

Dave :)

A few people will have seen them on either Waddy's bike or Thomas Oehler's, the production versions will look pretty much identical, just a small tweak to the steerer design at the bottom.

Ta,

Dave :)

i even rode Thomas' - but i didn´t realise the +20 disc mount... for what reason did you make them? this would mean to change my brake , if i want to run them...