26twenty Daytrip Video

26twenty

New site, new video. Again I wasn't sure where this topic should go.

The new video is titled Daytrip, which you'll find in the media section and was shot in one afternoon late last summer and was the first time I'd used my new camera. We've got a lot of stuff to come ( fingers crossed ) so I hope everyone likes it.

As always we'd love to hear what you all think of the video and the site, all suggestions welcome.

26twenty

Cheers

James

Edited by 26twenty

Such a swish site! Bloody awesome! Love everything about it! Its great you've gone and got an HVR-A1E as well! Great little camera aint it! Although I wouldn't bother using the XLR for normal filming, the on-board mic is better than the standard mic Sony supply. By all means use it for interviews and stuff but I would get hold of a Rode NTG1, way way better quality and sensitivity!

How did you do all the graphics etc in the video? After Effects? Damn impressed if im honest! Puts my titles to shame haha... well I've never really bothered, just a bit of text in FCP.

Oh and how did you do all the flash stuff... in flash or with a program? - Ahh no worries, its like a YouTube plugin thing, just from that other website, nice!

Great work, my hat is off! :D

Edited by Jonny Jones

Thanks guys, never even thought about mentioning that we were off to Sutton, it was just one random Sunday afternoon and we thought we'd get out somewhere. Used to go up there loads as a kids, trip down memory lane. LOL.

Rowan, after speaking to Jonny and getting some advice from him and the chaps at creative video ( if any one needs any decent gear go see these guys, they know what they are talking about ), I decided on the Sony HVR A1E and moved from Adobe Premiere and over to Final Cut.

Pat, yeah I remember the demo that you and the Mad chaps were doing. If we're ever out your way I'll give you a shout or vice versa

Jonny, thanks for the post and for the advice, you were so right about the HVR A1E, I love it, such a good camera for the size. And after that first real test I also came to the conclusion that the on-board is way better than the external. Thanks for the props on the titles, was my first attempt with After Effects. And as for the flash effect on the site, its a nice little Java script. If anyone's interested you can download it HERE, pretty simple to set up, worth a go!.

Thanks guys.

James

Thanks guys, never even thought about mentioning that we were off to Sutton, it was just one random Sunday afternoon and we thought we'd get out somewhere. Used to go up there loads as a kids, trip down memory lane. LOL.

Rowan, after speaking to Jonny and getting some advice from him and the chaps at creative video ( if any one needs any decent gear go see these guys, they know what they are talking about ), I decided on the Sony HVR A1E and moved from Adobe Premiere and over to Final Cut.

Pat, yeah I remember the demo that you and the Mad chaps were doing. If we're ever out your way I'll give you a shout or vice versa

Jonny, thanks for the post and for the advice, you were so right about the HVR A1E, I love it, such a good camera for the size. And after that first real test I also came to the conclusion that the on-board is way better than the external. Thanks for the props on the titles, was my first attempt with After Effects. And as for the flash effect on the site, its a nice little Java script. If anyone's interested you can download it HERE, pretty simple to set up, worth a go!.

Thanks guys.

James

Yeah man, CVP is where its at, I got 80% of my kit from them! I wasn't aware that you had photos displaying like that on your site... really I meant how the videos were displayed, but I now know it was purely the flash player from Vimeo, its probably because ive never heard of that website before, such a breath of fresh air from any other Flash Video website! Sod YouTube! Its incredible, 720p Flash video, this is where Im going from now on! B)

Again, great work! I've really gotta get my head round After Effects! Those titles were slick!