Video Competition Anyone?

tomturd

Been thinking on and off about this for a while. Its been ages since the last 'official' comp (years maybe?)

What does everyone think to the idea of making technical guide style videos? A bit like Inur's bleed video, but for moves. Would mean everyone would have a chance of winning, as it would be based on the quality of the explanation of the move rather than the riders ability/the move being described. It'd also be a great resource for TF to help out people who are learning.

Heres Inur's to give you an idea,

Trials-Forum Video -> Full ViewDownloadUpload

Thoughts?

I like it! Great idea Tom.

I think it would really help a lot of new riders as you say, and probably bring out some video editing skills people didn't realise they had! :)

Would it be 'best video over all' wins or would it be 'best video of a particular move' wins, meaning there would be multiple winners?

Edited by Dave@Trialtech

So you mean more like

Wheelie Hop

Pedal hop

Gap

Tap

Techniquies rather than

Bleeding

Fitting headset

bike maintanance?

Sounds like a good idea to me! i know i could do most how to bike maintanance guides, but moves would be a really hard thing to word lol

So you mean more like

Wheelie Hop

Pedal hop

Gap

Tap

Techniquies rather than

Bleeding

Fitting headset

bike maintanance?

Sounds like a good idea to me! i know i could do most how to bike maintanance guides, but moves would be a really hard thing to word lol

Well either/or really. Whatever people would prefer? Could have 2 'categories' - eg 1. Bike Maintenance and 2. Technique. Should hopefully be able to scab some prizes from somewhere ;)

Sounds awesome, shall we start filming?

Might be worth waiting around until plans are finalized. If you just can't wait though, the one definite rule I can think of at the moment is to wear a helmet.

Thinking about it, maybe with the shite weather at the moment it might be worth doing mechanical guides first? Something that can be done in a shed/garage/living room (if your inur) while its dark and raining outside?

Might be worth staggering the competitions? Do a mechanic type one imminently and then a technique after that so entries are done in time for summer, so people wanting to really progress their riding when the weather is good enough can watch the technique vids?

Yep sounds good. This is the kinda input we need, what does everyone else think?

What about slideshows aswell as movies? For maintenance only...for obvious reasons.

Yep that would be just as handy (Y)

Haven't bumped this for a while as I thought I'd let the kerb comp/pidgeon comp finish first. Once they're out the way I'll start getting stuff properly sorted.

• 1 month later...
Haven't bumped this for a while as I thought I'd let the kerb comp/pidgeon comp finish first. Once they're out the way I'll start getting stuff properly sorted.

Ok, thats over now. And the suns come out.

Who's up for this? I'll be sending a few emails to see if I can sort out some prizes if there's much interest. Think of it as a warm up to the summer spectacular video competition.

Any ideas? Anzo, slideshows sounds like a good idea, ideal for people without access to a video camera :)

Take it we all have to allocate ourselfs a move?

be better that way yeah?

If so ill take sidehops...

Go some good ideas going here.

I don't really see how it'd be better. To use an extreme example, if I allocated myself taps, and nobody else could do it themselves, then basically we'd end up with a shite video 'cos I can't tap. BUT, if a few people had a go, then theres a better change there will be a decent video submitted.

My current thoughts are....

3 categories, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced. Split each of those into different moves, eg

Beginner

Bunnyhop

Trackstand

Intermediate

Backhop

Gap

Advanced

Taps

etc...

Prizes for best video in each category. Enter as many videos for each category as you want.

Onions?

Hey guys,

to be honest I thought that last idea with the categories has been the best idea so far, because you can't really expect a beginner to learn how to tap or sidehop straight away. Because obviously the basics come first, so yer they are my thoughts!

Hope this helps guys....rolo!

I don't really see how it'd be better. To use an extreme example, if I allocated myself taps, and nobody else could do it themselves, then basically we'd end up with a shite video 'cos I can't tap. BUT, if a few people had a go, then theres a better change there will be a decent video submitted.

My current thoughts are....

3 categories, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced. Split each of those into different moves, eg

Beginner

Bunnyhop

Trackstand

Intermediate

Backhop

Gap

Advanced

Taps

etc...

Prizes for best video in each category. Enter as many videos for each category as you want.

Onions?

Very good..

I am really liking this...

After i say we get a new thred with videos ONLY, With our descriptions,... then we all vote?