Viz Hubs Cracked :o

monty221pr

Went out riding the other day, nice gap to front and as i landed heard a massive cracking noise, looked down front wheel was touching the forks and disk was well out of line.

Looked a little closer and i saw this beast.

CRW_9405send.jpg

Check out this beast of a buckle.

CRW_9415send.jpg

Any thing like this happened to anyone before?

Sam.

LMAO Sam. ASIF.... get a hope pro2 i can soon crack you a price at my shop ;) .

New pedals aswell i see? LOL finally realised to get rid of those random ghetto ones.

Clee on monday?

EDIT: Getting rather serious and crazy with these front wheel moves.

Edited by Andeee

LMAO Sam. ASIF.... get a hope pro2 i can soon crack you a price at my shop ;) .

New pedals aswell i see? LOL finally realised to get rid of those random ghetto ones.

Clee on monday?

EDIT: Getting rather serious and crazy with these front wheel moves.

Pro 2 on the front :S

Pedals were 247

shud have a new vid out soon :)

Hub has been excellent untill then and i have had it a while, id still recomend them, the bearings are amazing.

Edited by monty221pr

The VIZ hubs are built to a much higher standard than the Echo line of hubs. So don't hold your breath there. Also i'll probably put it down to your disk putting alot of stress through the hub. I honestly doubt it's a defect so a warranty is a no go. It's also a light weight hub so you can't expect mirracles.

The VIZ hubs are built to a much higher standard than the Echo line of hubs. So don't hold your breath there. Also i'll probably put it down to your disk putting alot of stress through the hub. I honestly doubt it's a defect so a warranty is a no go. It's also a light weight hub so you can't expect mirracles.

To be fair, it's a trials hub, and a disk hub, so as a rider you'd expect it to be able to stand front wheel moves, and not do that?

Good effort anyway! I'd go for a Hope hub next if I were you, XC will be fine. (Y)

It will look twisted becuase as he has gapped to front the all the weight would go to the disc side because the disc is holding all the weight.

Thus twisting the hub out of shape, sam is rather smoooth aswel!

Just get a new one, you seem to pull money out of every orifice (sp?)

To be fair, it's a trials hub, and a disk hub, so as a rider you'd expect it to be able to stand front wheel moves, and not do that?

Good effort anyway! I'd go for a Hope hub next if I were you, XC will be fine. (Y)

Yet you'd recommend an XC hub :P

But yeah i know what your saying but these things happen.

So how long you rode the hub for then?

to me viz dont have a good reputation. i know of 3 products used by people and the ended up gettin a crack in them

The 08 forks are currently the best on the market. The hubs use decent bearings, the bars are super stiff and i'd say Viz products are generally really good.